The LOCK of All LOCKS for Week 8

wiseplayer

Pretty much a regular
We all know the word that is the Kiss of Death in sports gambling is LOCK so yes I’m using it for my beloved Rams.
We’d have to be living under a rock and maybe Las Vegas is with the Vikings only -3. There is not a matchup on the field that favors the Rams. Even the Vikings HC with the offensive weapons he has vs what McVay is working with having 4 top offensive players out is favorable. Kupp possibly coming back isn’t enough. Look at his workouts and he looks 75%.
This young Rams defense is about as undisciplined as I’ve seen. They bite on every misdirection and overpursue on the edges.
Ladies and gentlemen, take your child’s piggy bank if you have to and lay the ,3 for this Thursday night. Vikings should win by 3 scores because who’s covering JJ?
Questions and comments are welcomed. GL!

Last edited:
We all know the word that is the Kiss of Death in sports gambling is LOCK so yes I’m using it for my beloved Rams.
We’d have to be living under a rock and maybe Las Vegas is with the Vikings only -3. There is not a matchup on the field that favors the Rams. Even the Vikings HC with the offensive weapons he has vs what McVay is working with having 4 top offensive players out is favorable. Kupp possibly coming back isn’t enough. Look at his workouts and he looks 75%.
This young Rams defense is about as undisciplined as I’ve seen. They bite on every misdirection and over purse on the edges.
Ladies and gentlemen, take your child’s piggy bank if you have to and lay the ,3 for this Thursday night. Vikings should win by 3 scores because who’s covering JJ?
Questions and comments are welcomed. GL!
Not the easiest game to get up for after a humbling Sunday at home. Yes, yesterday came down to the end but the Vikes were gifted 14 points or so.

They have to be feeling a bit down to be honest. Very good team, but in the back of their minds they know that they are not the best team in the division now.

Let's see how this translates. Huge respect for the Minnesota coaching staff. This is the type of week where good coaches make their money.

Not the easiest game to get up for after a humbling Sunday at home. Yes, yesterday came down to the end but the Vikes were gifted 14 points or so.

They have to be feeling a bit down to be honest. Very good team, but in the back of their minds they know that they are not the best team in the division now.

Let's see how this translates. Huge respect for the Minnesota coaching staff. This is the type of week where good coaches make their money.
I think Aaron Jones, JJ and Darnold will have a field day. Rams secondary & oline have street guys out there. It would take the Vikings turning it over multiple times to not put a thumping on the Rams. Hope I’m wrong but don’t think so on this one.

I'd be curious to know your reasoning behind "gifted 14 points"

I'd be curious to know your reasoning behind "gifted 14 points"

The fake punt early on.

That was a free 7 points.

Fumble return TD with 6 mins left.

That's 14 points.

Dumb coaching decision+ bad hands = 14 points.

Now, I wouldn't be shocked if Minnesota scored on their first drive. Early emotion.

The fake punt early on.

That was a free 7 points.

Fumble return TD with 6 mins left.

That's 14 points.

Dumb coaching decision+ bad hands = 14 points.

Now, I wouldn't be shocked if Minnesota scored on their first drive. Early emotion.
I figured that's what you were referring to...there's nothing free or given in the NFL! Campbell makes questionable gambles all the time because he thinks he has an edge and he trusts his defense to bail him out more often than not. The Vikings sniffed that play out and stuffed it because of good coaching. The ensuing TD was a great cut to the outside by Jones and over pursuing by a rookie CB. Taking advantage of mismatches is what you do in the NFL. The fumble was not bad hands, that was a great defensive play to punch out the ball. Was Gilmore falling down a free TD for Detroit? Everything is earned in the NFL.

I figured that's what you were referring to...there's nothing free or given in the NFL! Campbell makes questionable gambles all the time because he thinks he has an edge and he trusts his defense to bail him out more often than not. The Vikings sniffed that play out and stuffed it because of good coaching. The ensuing TD was a great cut to the outside by Jones and over pursuing by a rookie CB. Taking advantage of mismatches is what you do in the NFL. The fumble was not bad hands, that was a great defensive play to punch out the ball. Was Gilmore falling down a free TD for Detroit? Everything is earned in the NFL.
I understand the gambles. That's the stupidest one he's done, probably ever.

A crowd very energetic and a pumped up team as well. You simply need to survive that first quarter. I'll add, with the defensive MVP sidelined this is even more important.

Yes, great defensive play by Minnesota on that play. With that being said, I expect professional RBs to rarely fumble. That's all. Hence, bad hands. I guess I could have phrased that better.

Yes, everything is earned. That first TD though was served up pretty easily.

Botton line for myself -- this was a litmus game. I came out of the game feeling much better about Detroit's standing in the division. They went on a 28-7 run and looked the part. They have another vs GB in 12 days as well that will tell a story.

Minnesota is an excellent team with a really good staff. They are still #2 in my Norris rankings though.

I understand the gambles. That's the stupidest one he's done, probably ever.

A crowd very energetic and a pumped up team as well. You simply need to survive that first quarter. I'll add, with the defensive MVP sidelined this is even more important.

Yes, great defensive play by Minnesota on that play. With that being said, I expect professional RBs to rarely fumble. That's all. Hence, bad hands. I guess I could have phrased that better.

Yes, everything is earned. That first TD though was served up pretty easily.

Botton line for myself -- this was a litmus game. I came out of the game feeling much better about Detroit's standing in the division. They went on a 28-7 run and looked the part. They have another vs GB in 12 days as well that will tell a story.

Minnesota is an excellent team with a really good staff. They are still #2 in my Norris rankings though.
I can accept MN being #2 for now. Hockenson would have made a difference compared to how pedestrian Mundt was and the Vikings were without LB Cashman too. Obviously Detroit was missing Hutchinson which is huge. Hopefully both teams will stay mostly healthy and it will be a great battle for the Norris!

What makes this a lock...more than anything else I can think of is the simple fact that I'm on the other side. You should win easily.

Back