• PICK CLUB WEEK #1 LINES ARE POSTED!

The league needs to stop with this shit

peelpub94

More Guards Than Shawshank
I've been watching hockey for a long time. Chatted with a bunch of you here on it in the past, in depth. Lately, the replay has disrupted the game on many levels. Tonight's Bruins Panthers game, huge heavy weight bout. Florida up 2-1 on the PP in the 2nd, and they call a messy net front scrum high sticking on Tkachuk in a critical moment. There was much discussion and delay among refs and the call on the ice... when they could've just consulted replay and seen Carlo lift Reinhart's stick which hit McAvoy's face. Just get the damn call right if you're gonna spend time breaking down pubic hairs of a second on these stupid offside challenges that take away goals, when we all know well and good the offside in question is 99% of the time inconsequential. The league needs to clean up the simple stuff like this and stop pretending all is good, it's not complicated.

I've been watching hockey for a long time. Chatted with a bunch of you here on it in the past, in depth. Lately, the replay has disrupted the game on many levels. Tonight's Bruins Panthers game, huge heavy weight bout. Florida up 2-1 on the PP in the 2nd, and they call a messy net front scrum high sticking on Tkachuk in a critical moment. There was much discussion and delay among refs and the call on the ice... when they could've just consulted replay and seen Carlo lift Reinhart's stick which hit McAvoy's face. Just get the damn call right if you're gonna spend time breaking down pubic hairs of a second on these stupid offside challenges that take away goals, when we all know well and good the offside in question is 99% of the time inconsequential. The league needs to clean up the simple stuff like this and stop pretending all is good, it's not complicated.

I’m not saying I disagree about the replay and the delays…but whether your stick was lifted or not, it’s still a high sticking penalty if your stick hits another player in the face. We may not like the rule, but that’s the rule. You “always have to have control of your stick,” again whether we agree with it or not.

It's gotta be modified when we have the tools to aid in a scenario like that. They were standing still in front of the net, so it wasn't like an in-motion stick lift, it was jockeying for a position that got messy. Hard to call that a penalty on Tkachuk and was purely made out of reputation. It changes the game.

It's gotta be modified when we have the tools to aid in a scenario like that. They were standing still in front of the net, so it wasn't like an in-motion stick lift, it was jockeying for a position that got messy. Hard to call that a penalty on Tkachuk and was purely made out of reputation. It changes the game.

I don’t disagree, but players always have to be in control of their sticks…period.

Maybe a rule change is in effect, but it also feels like they’ve maxed out rule changes and just need to call the game more efficiently (to your point about replays and delays).

Back