The Klay Thompson Show

I really think he shoulda pulled up at half court near the end of the quarter just for good measure

klay and steph two guys who couldn't get even a decent CBB program to recruit them, now look at em.

It's insane and they're so hard to defend. They stretch the floor so well. I'm really looking forward to the Hawks Warriors game in 2 weeks. Gonna be some beautiful ball to watch

insane numbers---insane percentages..

In the third quarter, the Warriors scored 41 points. Thompson accounted for 37 of them. Before this, the all-time record for points in a quarter was 33, shared by George Gervin andCarmelo Anthony.

Thompson didn't miss a single shot in the third. He made all 13 of his field goal attempts, all nine of his 3-point attempts and both of his free throws. This was one of the best individual scoring exhibitions of all-time.
The Warriors tried to get him the ball every time down the court once it became clear he was a human fireball. He decided he was going to shoot it whenever he touched it. That was obviously the right decision.
"I can't believe I own an NBA record," Thompson said in the post-game television interview. "It was crazy. I don't even know what happened."
His final stats: 52 points, 16-25 FG, 11-15 3PT, 9-10 FT. He also had five assists, two rebounds, four steals and two blocks in his 33 minutes. This is why we watch the NBA.

Klay is unguardable and a great defender as well..

There were people in the organization who wanted to move him for love,looks like they made the right decision

Klay is unguardable and a great defender as well..

There were people in the organization who wanted to move him for love,looks like they made the right decision

Would LeBron guard him if they played? Do they play this year? That would be a good matchup the way Klay is playing t.

Stauskas was only guarding him for 11 of the points ;)

I've seen this plenty of times before....when I play NBA Jams and dude is on fire.

Unreal.

He was on fire last night. He coulda launched a half court shot and it would've went in. The future is good for the Warriors with a backcourt of Klay and Steph. Just need to lock up Klay long term. Steph got a few more years left but need to lock him up long term too.

that would be a great matchup, I think they have already played once not sure
Yeah we spanked the Cavs by 18 already, unfortunately Lebron was injured and didn't play. They play one more time, prime time TNT thursday game February 26th so mark your calendars.

Who the hell is Klay Thompson, this guy just drop out of the sky?

Mychal Thompson"s son

These sons are starting to pop up right and left. How about Larry Nance, Jr. in Wyoming of all places. How did the ACC let that guy get away, he's a legacy case.

Here's dad Mychal Thompson watching his son Klay drop an NBA record 37 points in one quarter on the LAL team plane:

His career high was 38

How about the fact that Sacramento with 3 guys around Klay fouled him with 6 seconds to go, 10 feet behind the 3pt line? They didn't want him to score 38 points by making a 3 to end the quarter? He ended up making two free throws to get to 37. Btw - after the whistle he continued to 3pt line and made a 3 that didn't count. He was NBA Jam on fire.

Who said Steph couldn't dunk? Last night against the Celtics.

[video]https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/E88004D1651171328203785371648_3bf0774f8ea.1.5.9039 377687778570058.mp4?versionId=iWswbhLK9I4F4tUPUf79 ECMDxBrWOuFE[/video]

klay and steph two guys who couldn't get even a decent CBB program to recruit them, now look at em.

Klay signed with Washington State when Tony Bennett was there and they had just made the sweet 16. He had offers from Michigan and Notre Dame so he had choices but unfortunately Bennett left after Klay's freshman year and the program went to hell after Bone took over. Still blows me away that Curry couldn't get a big name school to offer.

Couldn't help but laugh at Sacramento getting lit up by Klay since he was drafted right after the Kings took Jimmer Fredette.

Klay signed with Washington State when Tony Bennett was there and they had just made the sweet 16. He had offers from Michigan and Notre Dame so he had choices but unfortunately Bennett left after Klay's freshman year and the program went to hell after Bone took over. Still blows me away that Curry couldn't get a big name school to offer.

Couldn't help but laugh at Sacramento getting lit up by Klay since he was drafted right after the Kings took Jimmer Fredette.
Interesting because his dad talks about how he couldn't get any of the big schools to give klay a chance but maybe he is just referring to the big west schools

There also the story of del curry begging then va tech coach greenburg to take a look at his son and he kept saying he didn't have room for him

I guess Klay's dad was referring to Pac 10 schools. USC had Malik Story committed since his freshman year but he couldn't get in and ended up at Indiana for a year before settling in at Nevada. UCLA had Malcolm Lee signed early and he was a better prospect until Klay had a monster senior season. I always thought that if Lute Olson had been healthy Klay would have been the kind of SoCal recruit he spots and signs; Brandon Jennings was our big recruit that year and when he went to Europe the class sucked with Kyle Fogg being the best player. If Klay had waited until after his senior season to sign he could have gone anywhere.

Always heard that VA Tech told Curry he could walk on lol...that decision cost Greenberg his job eventually.

Back