The King is BACK

Killa

To the left, to the left, to the right to the righ
40 again tonight. LeBron James is once again the best player in the NBA. Hands down. Whatever he was missing for 4 months, it's back. What he is doing right now is absolutely incredible. When he is at his best, no other player can compete, I'm sorry. Nobody is a bigger Kobe fan than me but you can't compare him (or Wade) to LBJ at 6'8'' 240 who gets to the basket at will. Can anyone honestly say they would start their team with someone other than LBJ? Fuck outta here.

King James, the future of the NBA :cheers:

Killa - couldn't agree more with that if you are starting a team, LeBron's the man.

I respect your opinion so let me ask you this - Where does Steve Nash fall into this mix ? Obviously, you'd take James, Wade, Dirk, players like that, but where would Nash fall ? I'm not sure there's another player in the league who makes his teammates better.

spiderman- I can't compare Steve Nash to LBJ. Nash will have his spot in history, no question. But I think what we are gonna witness with LBJ, I mean this guy is gonna change the game as we know it. 6'8'' 240? Comeon now. It's not even fair.

spiderman- I can't compare Steve Nash to LBJ. Nash will have his spot in history, no question. But I think what we are gonna witness with LBJ, I mean this guy is gonna change the game as we know it. 6'8'' 240? Comeon now. It's not even fair.

I agree with you, but when I hear this question, who would you start your team with, it's always James or Wade. I have a difficult time figuring out how Nash falls in, that's all. Certainly a great player, but a different kind of great player, if you know what I mean.

I agree with you, but when I hear this question, who would you start your team with, it's always James or Wade. I have a difficult time figuring out how Nash falls in, that's all. Certainly a great player, but a different kind of great player, if you know what I mean.

Of course. Jordan or Chamberlain? You can't compare positions that are so different.

<TABLE class="genStatTable mainStandings" borderColor=#cccccc cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=1><TBODY><TR><TD class=confTitle colSpan=15>Eastern Conference</TD></TR><TR class=title><TD class=name>Eastern</TD><TD>W</TD><TD>L</TD><TD>PCT</TD><TD>GB</TD><TD>CONF</TD><TD>DIV</TD><TD>HOME</TD><TD>ROAD</TD><TD>L 10</TD><TD>STREAK</TD></TR><TR class=odd><TD class=team>Detroit<SUP class=super>1</SUP></TD><TD>37</TD><TD>22</TD><TD>0.627</TD><TD>0.0</TD><TD>26-12</TD><TD>6-5 </TD><TD>19-12</TD><TD>18-10</TD><TD>6-4 </TD><TD>L 2</TD></TR><TR><TD class=team>Cleveland<SUP class=super>2</SUP></TD><TD>36</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>0.590</TD><TD>2.0</TD><TD>21-16</TD><TD>5-5 </TD><TD>23-8 </TD><TD>13-17</TD><TD>6-4 </TD><TD>W 3</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

cavs are taking the top spot ... question is when is the leapping of the frog going to happen?

40 again tonight. LeBron James is once again the best player in the NBA. Hands down. Whatever he was missing for 4 months, it's back. What he is doing right now is absolutely incredible. When he is at his best, no other player can compete, I'm sorry. Nobody is a bigger Kobe fan than me but you can't compare him (or Wade) to LBJ at 6'8'' 240 who gets to the basket at will. Can anyone honestly say they would start their team with someone other than LBJ? Fuck outta here.

King James, the future of the NBA :cheers:

We like to disagree with each other on some things, but certainly not on this...

you are absofuckinglutely right.

'an_horse'

We like to disagree with each other on some things, but certainly not on this...

you are absofuckinglutely right.

'an_horse'

BTW, Ive had alot of religion debates over the last couple years. The one we just had over there was hands down the best, deepest, and most interesting I've ever had. Awesome stuff.

lets start a poll. top player you pick to start your team right now. somebody start that thing up.

Lebron was interviewed a few days ago and they asked him if he was pacing himself for this time,and he said no

now from a big time fan, I will tell you he was...Such a big difference in his play...I know some will disagree(including BAR of course) but I really think the Cavs take the east,they are playing the best ball Ive seen since he's been here.

and another thing, they are deep.....Shannon Brown is coming along nice...You can look up posts for the last 2 years of me saying Sasha is gonna be a stud(Hes my personal favorite on the team).Gibson is a nice addition,and Snow is playing great coming off the bench..Hughes is really panning out as PG and everyone is benefiting...BUT..Im still afraid coaching will hurt them..This team doesnt respect Mike Brown and personally I cant stand him.I guess we will wait and see.

can LeBron start making FT's before we crown him the 2nd coming of Jordan

BTW, Ive had alot of religion debates over the last couple years. The one we just had over there was hands down the best, deepest, and most interesting I've ever had. Awesome stuff.

that's good. I make it a point not to do any evangelism or proselytizing. That discussion is about as close to it as I get, and I've had my fill for a few years.

heh.

:smiley_acbe:

I was really expecting a Jay Z thread here. sigh Ya I'd take LB over anyone at this point. A young Nash would be a nice parting gift.

if bron was clutch, which includes FT's, then Yes...I would be willing to put him in the category as Jordan, but right now he is not. I have had many a discussion with Reno about this and no one has yet to show the killer instinct for 48 minutes a game like Jordan did.

NOBODY is in Jordan's league. Why even try.

exactly...and no one will ever be. Yet Stern tries to sell Bron/Wade as if they could. Game changers they are, but they aren't in the same league. And if I had to pick who resembles Jordan more, I would pick Wade...I think Bron has a little Magic in him...

no one has yet to show the killer instinct for 48 minutes a game like Jordan did.

agree

When King James starts hitting free throws consistently and in clutch situations then I'll believe.

Last week he blew 2 consecutive FTs and 2 open 3 point shots to lose the game for the Cavs against Dallas.

When King James starts hitting free throws consistently and in clutch situations then I'll believe.

Last week he blew 2 consecutive FTs and 2 open 3 point shots to lose the game for the Cavs against Dallas.

thats to build up the storyline for what is to be this year's finals ...

<TABLE class=s_playerNewsTable id=Table1 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=471 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=s_playerNewsTitle style="BACKGROUND: #ee1820" width=430><TABLE class=s_playerNewsTitle cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>Joe Johnson could miss rest of season</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 10px" align=right></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TD style="BACKGROUND: #ee1820" width=14>
right_corner_player_news.gif
</TD><TD width=6>
pixel.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD>
pixel.gif
</TD><TD class=s_playerNewsLeftBorder>
pixel.gif
</TD><TD class=s_playerNewsText>
pixel.gif

Joe Johnson could be out three to four weeks, and possibly the rest of the season with a deep contusion in his right calf muscle.
J.J. was kicked by Esteban Batista Monday vs. Miami and was later kneed in the thigh by Eddie Jones. A hematoma formed under the calf muscle later that night, and Johnson had to go to the hospital the next morning. If he doesn't get some rest, it's possible he could develop compartment syndrome, which occurs when the blood builds up in the pocket between the muscle and the bone, requiring draining. This news is devastating to fantasy owners as it sounds like there's a possibility he's played his final game of the season. Salim Stoudamire (12 points Wed) should see a spike in value with this news. Mar. 8 - 12:33 am et
Source: Atlanta Journal-Constitution </TD><TD class=s_playerNewsRightBorder>
pixel.gif
</TD><TD>
pixel.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD>
pixel.gif
</TD><TD style="BACKGROUND: #ffffff" width=10>
left_corner_bt_player_news.gif
</TD><TD style="BACKGROUND: url(../images/bottom_border_player.gif) #ffffff repeat-x">
pixel.gif
</TD><TD style="BACKGROUND: #ffffff" width=14>
right_corner_bt_player_news.gif
</TD><TD>
pixel.gif
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=s_playerNewsTable id=Table1 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=471 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=11>
pixel.gif
</TD><TD style="BACKGROUND: #071440" width=10>
left_corner_player_news.gif
</TD><TD class=s_playerNewsTitle style="BACKGROUND: #071440" width=430><TABLE class=s_playerNewsTitle cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD align=left width=33>
IND.gif
</TD><TD align=left> Jermaine O'Neal leaves with knee injury</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 10px" align=right></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TD style="BACKGROUND: #071440" width=14>
right_corner_player_news.gif
</TD><TD width=6>
pixel.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD>
pixel.gif
</TD><TD class=s_playerNewsLeftBorder>
pixel.gif
</TD><TD class=s_playerNewsText>
pixel.gif

Jermaine O'Neal left in Wednesday's game against Utah in the third quarter with a sore left knee and didn't return.
He finished with 11 points before departing. We'll fill you in on his status once Indiana's medical staff finishes evaluating him. There's a chance he could miss some time though. Mar. 8 - 12:27 am et
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Right Now Kobe. Lebron In A Couple Of Years Will Be The Best Player In The League. You Can't Convince Me That Lebron Does More Things Than Kobe Right Now. He Does Not Have The Killer Instinct, He Is Not Clutch, He Does Not Defend Like Kobe...but He May Be The 2nd Best Player In The League...but I Will Start Any Franchise With Him Because Of His Age...

lebron is a good start but my vote goes wade.

he's a scorer now and a clutch shooter at that. i see him being another steve nash who makes his team mates better in the next few years to come. he's gonna develop his passing game and he will mature into a more complete player. plus, its a bonus that others in the team respect him.

lebron is a beast i never seen someone else in the NBA get the easiest and 1s besides shaq but hes a center

hes the total package but a lot of nights he takes off and doesnt really do much hell be the nba player soon when he gets determined like d wade

Last edited by a moderator:
Lebron James is the best player in the NBA?? I don't think so. He's one of them but to say he's the best. I will take Dwayne Wade and Kobe Bryant before LeBron anyday of the week. I absolutely believe LeBron will be the best player in the league but he has too many ups and downs for me to give him that title just yet. He is the quickest player I think I've ever seen. I can't wait for him to start winning championships. I'm quite certain that's going to happen but it's going to likely take 3 or 4 more years. If Cleveland is smart they try to make a deal with Boston and acquire Paul Pierce. If they get Pierce they win the Championship. No doubt in my mind. Pierce is one of the top players in the game who simply flies under the radar. If he was in Cleveland the Cavs would immediately become one of the favorites to win it all. Word out of Boston is Pierce is likely to ask to be traded at the end of the season as he's not interested in going through this youth movement.

The thing with Lebron is he is able to be the best whenever he chooses and he just now showing it this season...He wasnt even in my top 5 for teh first half of the year..But he is gonna finish strong and probably take the MVP IMO, especially if they can jump Detroint and take 1st in the east...Ive never seen anyone be able to turn it on and off so fast..I heard a lot of comments he made yesterday on local radio..Saying how Detroit better be ready cause he isnt gonna be up there joking and laughing with his buddies this time...He said the Cavs are going up there for business this time. That why I took the Cavs last night..I thought they had a good chance of winning SU,but the 5 was a gift.

Lebron was interviewed a few days ago and they asked him if he was pacing himself for this time,and he said no

now from a big time fan, I will tell you he was...Such a big difference in his play...I know some will disagree(including BAR of course) but I really think the Cavs take the east,they are playing the best ball Ive seen since he's been here.

and another thing, they are deep.....Shannon Brown is coming along nice...You can look up posts for the last 2 years of me saying Sasha is gonna be a stud(Hes my personal favorite on the team).Gibson is a nice addition,and Snow is playing great coming off the bench..Hughes is really panning out as PG and everyone is benefiting...BUT..Im still afraid coaching will hurt them..This team doesnt respect Mike Brown and personally I cant stand him.I guess we will wait and see.

I have said since end of last year and up till a few weeks ago they take the East. If he plays like that coupled with the Stern Effect the rest of the East has no shot.

I was gonna hammer CLE last night if DET had beaten GS. Detroit had punked Bron first two regular season games. He was due for a HUEG effort and he showed it last night.

I will say that other than him and Varejo this team is garbage...but the guy if he wants to be..is that good to lead his team very far.

Lebron James is the best player in the NBA?? I don't think so. He's one of them but to say he's the best. I will take Dwayne Wade and Kobe Bryant before LeBron anyday of the week. I absolutely believe LeBron will be the best player in the league but he has too many ups and downs for me to give him that title just yet. He is the quickest player I think I've ever seen. I can't wait for him to start winning championships. I'm quite certain that's going to happen but it's going to likely take 3 or 4 more years. If Cleveland is smart they try to make a deal with Boston and acquire Paul Pierce. If they get Pierce they win the Championship. No doubt in my mind. Pierce is one of the top players in the game who simply flies under the radar. If he was in Cleveland the Cavs would immediately become one of the favorites to win it all. Word out of Boston is Pierce is likely to ask to be traded at the end of the season as he's not interested in going through this youth movement.

PP is underrated still but his defense would cost them.

I will say that other than him and Varejo this team is garbage...but the guy if he wants to be..is that good to lead his team very far.

I agree with everything you said besides this....Sasha is a stud..You will be surprised Cavs are like 22-4 when he plays over 20mins a game. They didnt have that last year and he is a solid defender,also using Larry at point and getting him involved and getting him his confidence back is gonna be big. Now they can bring Snow off the bench for defensive purposes. Shannon Brown is showing everyone what he can do and is a nice spark off teh bench along with Gibson and Andy...Then they still have Marshall and Jones in teh mix as well.

So basically you have the same team that took a better Detroit team to 7 games last year with the addition of another serious scoring threat,an upgraded PG and more spark and defense off the bench. Plus Lebron is that much hungrier after coming up short last year..It may be a bit of homer talk but it seems to me they are the team to beat in the East,its theirs to lose,especially with the schedule they have coming up.

Cleveland's story this year has been Mike Brown's offense. Its too complicated most players say. Last night it looked like Lebron impelemted his own offense. I forgot about Sasha. A few good role players but this team is all about LBJ and if he wants it. Bottom line. He will get the calls in the playoffs and CLE will have every opportunity. We all know that they don't beat Washington last year w/o the officiating. That said, Bron will be even better in playoffs this year I think. Should be interesting. They will take 1 seed in east cuz schedule is easier and Detroit's is brutal. That will set up a second round matchup most likely.

Mind you...James has done this before then went back into his little hole. LKets see this from here till april before we get all excited. BAR none he is the best player in league when he wants to be. The problem is he doesn't have the night-to-night desire of Bryant, Wade, etc.

Mind you...James has done this before then went back into his little hole. LKets see this from here till april before we get all excited. BAR none he is the best player in league when he wants to be. The problem is he doesn't have the night-to-night desire of Bryant, Wade, etc.

100% right, I just hope he finally realizes it.

I agree that LeBron is an absolute beast. It's normal that he gets the calls (and will get even more in the playoffs) since the NBA is all about the stars, Stern knows people like to to support stars in front of teamwork. Hence my liking of teams like Spurs, Pistons, etc, like going against the grain. :D

But individually, LeBron is the best out there, followed by Kobe and Wade. If he had their consistency and desire he would be a notch above them. I may like Manu or TD more, but these guys are more team players. Physically, LeBron is superior to almost every other player out there, and his talent is immense. The title? I agree that Cleveland need an additional scorer like Paul Pierce, since I highly doubt it Hughes and Pavlovic (even though this guy has been great) can carry the team when LeBron is sitting on the bench and/or is having a bad day. Nor can Gooden/Varejao/Ilgauskas. Not offensively at least.
Pierce could.
Other than that, I don't see a reason why they would be considered as outcasts in the company of the Pistons, Magic, Bulls, Heat, Wizards.

Back