The insurance crisis that may soon bring an end to football

Just seems odd to me ... very few deaths or injuries in Football compared to virtually any job that involves delivery. Yet somehow, football is gonna be sued out of existence?
How many people have choked to death?
Fisherman is about the most dangerous job in the world .. how can they survive?
Electicians?
Roofers?

Figure it out. Pay out all the CTE injuries by cutting salaries. Then get it to act like cigarettes.

equipment companies are already being sued in all kinds of sports related injuries
It's been going on forever, though. 25 years ago my law firm was defending helmet makers (or their insurers), and my office was across the hall from the TV room. I stopped in and watched some the video of kids breaking their necks, and it was always the guy who lowered his helmet in just the wrong way either as the ball carrier or as the tackler. It was never an offensive player taking a shot from the helmet of a defender.

It's been going on forever, though. 25 years ago my law firm was defending helmet makers (or their insurers), and my office was across the hall from the TV room. I stopped in and watched some the video of kids breaking their necks, and it was always the guy who lowered his helmet in just the wrong way either as the ball carrier or as the tackler. It was never an offensive player taking a shot from the helmet of a defender.

The exact same stuff is going on today.

Pop Warner changed their rules this week in an attempt to make the game safer, or at least to convince people they are trying to make the game safer.

They eliminated the three and four point stance for all positions. Not sure this makes a lot of difference, but they think just getting the heads of young kids up high enough they won't take head blows on the first step will make a difference. I never played on the line on offense or defense so I'm no expert on line play, but I recall the most violent collisions were in there in the pits. As soon as I took the snap I'd hear a loud crash as all the linemen smashed into each other.

Now that I remember those sounds this is probably a pretty good move for kid football.

http://footballscoop.com/news/pop-warner-eliminating-three-point-stances-along-changes/

Last edited:
Back