"The Game" -- Week 13 Big Ten Thread

conversely, the team that led it rush yards won 12 of 12 but only covered 5 times

based on this years out, it's very likely OSU will pass for more and UM rush for more.

So that equals Big Blue win but fuckeye cover :moose:

View attachment 36015

I don't have anything I'll be playing in the BIG Ten tomorrow.

Minnesota TT to the over? Slight lean but definitely not playing it.

Maryland and Penn State is a crapshoot when it comes to the side n total. Although, gun to head -- Penn State ATS

Purdue and Indiana for 'all the marbles'

Weather in C-Bus...

Lots of rain the next 7-8 hours...

Then looks like a not as widespread but still hitting till about halftime.

We'll see how the system goes till morning.

Anything is possible. Anything can happen.

Yes, Michigan is the better team and should win. But, who knows.

If you are live-betting keep an eye on if they are calling the P.I.'s early. If so, things get interesting. That is my one worry about this crew. It isn't a huge worry but that would be the focus.

My final prediction will be...

Michigan 31
OSU 23

We could easily lose, we could easily dominate. Tough game as a fan to entertain betting with the emotional attachments.

And for what it is worth, win or lose, I won't be around much at all tomorrow so especially if we lose don't take that as sour grapes. I simply don't have the time.

Big Ten Championship Thread for Northwestern vs OSU/Mich winner will be up on Monday evening.

Good luck to all tomorrow....enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Couple more random thoughts as I wait for some laundry to dry before bed...

-Michigan has to be aggressive while also keeping to their ball control offense. What I mean by that is two things. If they throw on 1st down and don't gain anything, then don't be afraid to go right back to the pass. My only real gripe lately is that they always run next and that sets up to many third and 6 or 7's. Also, this OSU defense can be had, as we have seen.

-If Urban abandons run, it is over. They might get stuffed quite a bit but they have to keep running.

-If OSU maligned o-line can withstand pressure and let Haskins dink pass all day that is a problem. The match up indicates otherwise but we shall see

-I yell and yell for us to use seam passes to the TE. Lo and behold last week was beautiful. That needs to continue

-The kicking game will be a question mark, no matter what happened last week.

-Turnovers, cliche but when and where they happen are big. No fumbles fielding punts DPJ, please.

-This is the the least amount of chatter I have ever heard from OSU fans locally and everywhere basically during this week. Even some of their media is picking Michigan to win. It scares me.

-Knowing my luck, Urban told the players privately about this being his last year there and they will be super pumped and come out with a herculean performance.

-Just win.

-Goodnight (for reals this time)

Rexroth said last night weather should be dry after 10am.

God bless the M today, let's get it.

Tailgate starts right nowwww!

-Knowing my luck, Urban told the players privately about this being his last year there and they will be super pumped and come out with a herculean performance.

I wouldn't have thought it possible, but he is going to be even more dramatic on the sideline today. Like everyone look at me and how much I care about this and what it is doing to me. Yeah, every coach is so very personally invested and often have unhealthy consequences from the pressure business, but not as much as Urban you know.

Should Jim H. be fired for this??

The problem with firing him is who do you get to replace him that is atleast as good? The record vs OSU or whatever big game is real, but still it's not like anyone they replace him with is going to do better. He is the best guy for the job, he just isn't getting the job done. Not sure what they can do.

Some think Jim leaves on his own for NFL...which will probably privately eat at him forever if he leaves having not achieved success at UM.

The problem with firing him is who do you get to replace him that is atleast as good? The record vs OSU or whatever big game is real, but still it's not like anyone they replace him with is going to do better. He is the best guy for the job, he just isn't getting the job done. Not sure what they can do.

Some think Jim leaves on his own for NFL...which will probably privately eat at him forever if he leaves having not achieved success at UM.
Nah I think losing in the super bowl eats at him way more

08_1006711950_08UFOT112518_52459099.JPG

My problem with the game was this.

1. We knew that TOSU was all about short crossing patterns with their speedy receivers
2. Michigan's gameplan was to get pressure from the DL
3. They didn't and were getting torched.
4. Michigan tried some zone to start second half but then abandoned
5. Michigan never forced a pass rush on Haskins.

Maybe when TOSU is hitting on all cylinders they are just that tough to stop but it was shocking to watch .. at least for the first quarter and a half and then you realized that something drastic was going to have to change for it to not keep happening.

Feel bad for Gentry. Drops the first half TD (nice defensive strip but have to make that play) and then drops the bad pass from Patterson right before the punt block.

I mean, they aren't winning that game today anyway .. but he has to be sick to his stomach.

LOL at the Wisconsin lay down today. Was good enough to make Duke proud.

Also off topic ... lol at Lane Kiffin. what a loser.

MSU, Wisky, PSU (all preseason top 10 or thereabouts) were labeled as a murderer's row prior to the season and mich's reputation grew to an almost mythical status as a result of trouncing those squads. Despite the mounting evidence as the season progressed that wisky and MSU were flat out awful and PSU was merely an average squad with an above average qb. This is where things went awry IMO in overvaluing mich. Sometimes you need to adjust as the season rolls on and more data comes in.

Michigan's "great" defense has lately faced....teams ranking in scoring offense against FBS winning teams

75th, 82nd, 106th, 79th, 57th (Nebraska), 79th, 65th (Western Mich), then Irish with Wimbush.

^I got a lot of shit for posting that on October 23 lol. Nice to be on the same page with everyone now.

Penn State had to replace Barkley, a generational talent, and significant quality in the receiving corps + Juwan Johnson deciding to suck, so lots of drops and little chemistry. Michigan State's entire offense has been injured, its backup quarterback is incredibly inaccurate and uncomposed, which is why even Nebraska and Rutgers held Sparty to under 15 points. Wisconsin's O has a good running back and that's it.

Michigan finally faced a real offense who can stretch the field and has a lot of talent at every level. And it turns out Michigan's defense isn't elite, after all.
Michigan State arguably has the best defense in the conference, limited Ohio State btw to 26 points despite the offense doing nothing and repeatedly putting them in great position.

I believe at least 9 pts of OSU's vs MSU were directly from intentional safety and falling on ball in EZ for D TD.

College football every good team plays so very for other actual good teams stats definitely get misleading. Like the #1 D thing for Michigan. I believe the 2006 Michigan D was #1 also and they too got shredded by Tressel and Smith's OSU O. I don't recall quite as big of a deal about that because Michigan at least competed and was able to trade scores.

What Michigan wants to do on O can be done if you have superior or elite talent on O, like that 06 team had. Michigan does not have that now and it makes them very beatable when they play good teams.

It is a shame really. I enjoy the dancing on their grave thing. I'd enjoy dancing on OSU's too if shoe was on other foot. I just think it is a shame because I love Harbaugh's personality and want Michigan football to matter for the sport. But another year gone and another season wasted.

Pretty sure Michigan has played one bowl game that matters since I've been alive, so this isnt exactly unprecedented.

Back