The Early Bird Special V.9

thegerm

Been reading this site for about 4 months now and respect everyones insight and capping. My first time posting but I've been hitting a solid 67% in College and NFL. Thoughts are always welcome:

Rice +1.5 (This fucker has jumped to +2.5 but i don't see the reasoning behind it. Like all Texas programs, Rice is an improving team and i think they win this one straight up)

Oklahoma -19 (Oklahoma's offense is too much for a shitty Kansas State defense and Oklahoma's defense is too much for Freeman to handle - this might be a blowout)

Missouri -21 (Don't get discouraged by Missou's 2 losses, they have been to top notch teams and i think they come out pissed and firing with Big 12 Championship Game in mind. Colorado's offense sucks and there's no way they hang)

Texas Tech/Kansas Over 66.5 (Reesing is the shit and will help his offense put up 35 on a suspect Tech D. Harrell responds by going 34/51 425 yards and helping his offense put up numbers in the mid 30's. It's a shootout - open your brew, pop a chill pill and enjoy the game.

Last edited:
Much appreciated dudes.

shsuhorn - I'd appreciate any feedback you have on that Rice game. I know you're from Houston and know everything there is to know about Texas football.

Thanks and GL to all.

Much appreciated dudes.

shsuhorn - I'd appreciate any feedback you have on that Rice game. I know you're from Houston and know everything there is to know about Texas football.

Thanks and GL to all.

Lets not get carried away, now. He did pound OU in the RRS. :36_11_6:

Hell...I'm from Austin, graduated from UT and still pounded OU. I'll tell you what, if Shipley didn't return that kickoff for a TD we would have covered with OU. That damn play changed the entire momentum.

Hell...I'm from Austin, graduated from UT and still pounded OU. I'll tell you what, if Shipley didn't return that kickoff for a TD we would have covered with OU. That damn play changed the entire momentum.

Don't let RJ and Horn hear you say that! :seeya:

Texas Tech/Kansas Over 66.5 (Reesing is the shit and will help his offense put up 35 on a suspect Tech D. Harrell responds by going 34/51 425 yards and helping his offense put up numbers in the mid 30's. It's a shootout - open your brew, pop a chill pill and enjoy the game.

Kansas not Kansas State

Rice???????

Rice +1.5 (This fucker has jumped to +2.5 but i don't see the reasoning behind it. Like all Texas programs, Rice is an improving team and i think they win this one straight up)

If you don't like the reasoning behind the jump, what is your reasoning for Rice?...."an improving team" is not exactly a reason to back a Rice squad that is only 1-3(SU and ATS) on the road with the only win coming against a lowly Memphis squad and embarrassing blowout losses(and ATS) against the likes of Vandy, Texas and Tulsa. Seems like there are better games on the board.

Rice at Vandy

Rice - 23 1st downs, 407 total yards, 29 minutes of possession
Vandy - 22 1st downs, 344 total yards, 30 minutes of possession

Rice was leading the game up until halftime and then came out and committed 2 costly turnovers. Keep in mind they did this against a very scrappy Vandy D.

Final Score: 38-21

Rice at Texas

Rice - 19 1st downs, 318 total yards, 30 minutes of possession
Texas- 28 1st downs, 600 total yards, 30 minutes of possession

First of all, let's all agree that Texas is in a league of their own (they're a pro team). I watched this game and saw Rice drive it 3 times into the Texas redzone in the first half and not come away with any points. I was impressed with how well Rice was moving the ball early here in Austin.

Final Score: 52-10

Rice at Tulsa

Rice - 30 1st downs, 453 total yards, 30 minutes of possession
Tulsa- 31 1st downs, 577 total yards, 30 minutes of possession

Once again, first half was very competitive but Tulsa turned it on in 2nd half as they always do.

Final Score: 63-28

So lets see, they have lost 3 tough road games against teams that are all currently ranked in the Top 25. I assure you Tulane is nowhere near the Top 25 and most importantly - Rice loss these games to teams that know how to close out a game. Tulane can't do that if their life depended on it. Tulane jumped out early on SMU and UTEP and almost lost both (loss to UTEP and SMU almost backdoored them). In between those games they got toasted by Army 44-13. I respect Tulane's running game, they have found a nice replacement for Matt Forte in Andre Anderson...but i assure you that Chase Clement (2200 yards, 22 td's and 5 rushing td's) along with Jarett Dillard (815 yards and 14 td's) put this ballgame away.

I just think the wrong team is favored.

:shake:

I've added:

San Jose State +7.5 (Live home dog and I want some action tonight...I think it's the play)

New Mexico State -13
(NMS is 1-5 ATS past 6 games vs Idaho but this Idaho team is miserable. New Mexico State is playing some decent football and I see Holbrook easily getting 300 yards and having a field day on offense)

Rice +1.5 +100

Oklahoma -19 +100

Missouri -21 +100

Texas Tech/Kansas Over 66.5 +100

San Jose State +7.5 -100
New Mexico State -13 -100

Added Alabama -5.5 before kickoff (Final still pending)

<!-- / close content container --><!-- open content container -->

Back