The Bowl Season Thread

OnFireSports

I will post all my bowl plays in this thread. I run an ATS confidence pool each year with family and friends that gets about 40 entries. I am going to use that as a template to make my picks. Picks will be based upon data from the pool's picks. I will try to find a sweet spot in the data and follow the trends as they emerge.

Happy Bowling Season

We ended up with 29 people in my pool.

Majority picks in the first game were 20-9 on NM and 17-12 on BYU.

In the 3rd game the picks are 19-10 on App State. I'll follow the trend and fade the majority.

Ohio +7.5, 1.1 for 1 unit

Question I have is, why would you give against the majority? You requested participants from a gambling forum and bet against the flow?

The 29 people in my pool are some of the biggest degens around. Not one guy is a career winner when it comes to gambling. I have some epic mush's in the field. You're going to want to be on the opposite side of the majority of these guys.

The 4th game of the day is split 21-8 in favor of GA State. I think a lot of the picks are on GA State because the line in the pool is +3.5 versus the current line of +1. I'm guessing a lot of guys saw that and took GA State. Also Billy Walters has been fucking around with that GA state team all year and I suspect he's behind the line move, so I am going to pass on this game.

The final game of the day is split 17-12 in favor of Arkansas State. I'll fade the majority here and take LA Tech. The game is in LA so I'm hoping they have a home crowd advantage. LA schools have historically traveled well to this bowl. I also think the Sun Belt is a much weaker conference.

LA Tech -1, 1.1 for 1 unit

2-0 +2 units

Fading the majority picks would have been 4-1 on the day. I'll be back tomorrow. GL in the No Fun League today fellas.

I was busy with work today so I was unable to post for the early game.

Split was 16-13 in favor of Utah State

In the late game we have a split of 18-11 on Temple. When digging into the numbers the top guys who have 5 or 4 wins in the pool are all on Temple. The bottom feeders with 1 or 2 wins are all on Toledo. I'll fade the bottom feeders and go with Temple in this one.

Temple -2.5 -120, 1.20 units for 1

Back