THE bet of the weekend is THE Ohio St!

bjorks

Secretary of Fondy Fanclub
Howdy fellas, I had a pretty solid week last weekend picking up about 20 units and have one huge play so far this weekend. I'm posting this early this week because frankly I was shocked when I saw the initial line and wanted to get people on this early (if you bother to trust my analysis)!

I'm honestly shocked tOSU isn't laying over 30 Saturday at the Metrodome. I know they're on the road, but I started looking at this game 2 weeks ago and consistently capped it around 33-35 and can't fathom why it's at least not at 27-28.

Minnesota rFR QB Adam Weber is having a pretty good start to his young career. He's completing 59% of his passes, but has thrown 11 TD's and 8 INT's. He's also rushed for 250+ yards in their version of the spread. If Minny had a defense at all they could easily be 4-0 instead of 1-3. Bowling Green escaped with a ballsy 2pt conversion to win in OT, Florida Atlantic barely held on to win, and Purdue did almost everything to give that game away. If Jamal "Hollywood" Harris wouldn't of fumbled in the 4Q, it's a 7 point game with 6 minutes to go and MN has all the momentum.

SIDENOTE - For anyone that saw the play, Harris was switching the ball from his left to right hand to hold the ball in the air when he crossed the goalline when he fumbled!!!

The MN offensive line is above average again, but not the dominating zone blocking type of lines they've had the past 7 years. There is talent on offense also with Eric Decker, Amir Pinnix, and Ernie Wheelwright.

Weber reminds me a little bit of U Dub QB Jake Locker, just without the ballywho. Locker had quite a bit of success running the ball against tOSU and I expect Weber to have the same as tOSU D keys in on the MN RB's. However, like Locker, Weber could very easily throw 3 INT's Saturday.

tOSU, specifically anyone with a pulse on the offense, should have their way with the MN defense. They can't stop the JV team from Eden Prairie right now. They have ZERO pass rush, a DII secondary, and their strength the LB's are battered and bruised. tOSU will do virtually whatever they want to do on offense.

tOSU defense and especially the front 7 are one of the Top 2 D's I've seen this year so far IMO behind LSU. There is soooooo much speed it's sick and there is no way MN is ready for this speed. They can't even come close to it in practice. MN has enough weapons to score 10-13 points in this game, but their defense won't be able to stop anyone. As long as Boeckman doesn't have a major collapse, tOSU should be able to hang 42+ here.

Is MN any better than Northwestern? No
Is MN's defense the worst tOSU will see through 5 games? Yes
Does MN have the ability to put up 20+ points on tOSU D? No
Does tOSU have the firepower on 1st AND 2nd string to put points up? Yes

The Goofers are reeling right now. The chemistry isn't good between upper classman and lower classman and there's more than a few upper classman upset with Coach Brewster's decision to revoke a scholarship this past week of a pretty popular player because they want to recruit a J/C prospect. Things are not good for MN right now and IMO tOSU is starting to play for real now that the BIG 10 season has opened. Whatever concerns tOSU had about Michigan, Wisconsin, and Penn St. should be squashed, because they are the class of the BIG 10 right now. They're playing the best and they have the best defense, a national championship type defense. Whatever kinks tOSU needs to work out on offense, if any, well this is the game to do it.

My sources at Minny are dreading practice this week because they realize they don't have a prayer. "Brewster can do all the rah-rah-rah he wants, but it's not him getting his ass kicked out there!" was the quote I got.

The line I believed opened at tOSU -21.5 and I see it's already over 23 at some places. I'm jumping on this early and if you like the play suggest the same. I expect this to be at 25 by the weekend if not more.

tOSU -23 for a HUGE bet!!!
Also a heavy lean towards tOSU 1H and 1Q if I can find it

Prediction
tOSU 51
Minny 16

PS - Keep on eye on whether or not Amir Pinnix will play Saturday. He's banged up like hell and it's too early for me to find out.

BOL
:cheers:

Its Ohio State or no play IMO. I do like it and have been looking at it a bit tonight.

I agree. Minny will be fighting all year long to stay out of the bottom 5 in every defensive category this year. This team is worse than FAU, and built fairly similarly. If OSU was at FAU this line would be around 28 IMO. Some serious value here.

Thanks for the info Bjorks .... I'm on this one big with you. tOSU really starting to hit stride.

i'm looking into this one too, need to make a decision as the line will continur to go up. nice write up, good info, thanks

If you're leaning towards this play, I'd put a little on it now. I'm totally anticipating this line to continue to move up towards 25 by Thursday, even 27 by the weekend. I'll be shocked if it doesn't.

I don't claim to be an expert handicapper or anything, but I KNOW Minnesota and the BIG 10 and I truly believe the line is about a touch under where it should be.

If it by chance goes down, I'm hammering it at every stop from 23 or less.

I jumped on tOSU last night. I hope you're right, bjorks!

:smiley_acbe:

So do I!!!

This game is all about perception of the public. Many people who don't follow CFB but gamble, believe this is still a good MN team that can score points. They can to a certain extent, but believing they can score 20+ against tOSU is ludacris. The MN teams from the last 4 years yes, but not this one.

The defense is the worst it's been in the last 10 years!!! This will be Tressel's welcome to the BIG 10 moment to Tim Brewster and there's ZERO reason why they shouldn't score over 40.

Like to know if you agree with my assesment Counselor or if there's anything you'd like to add.

Nope. Think you're spot on. The OSU defense will be the x-factor here, IMHO. Will they keep Minny's offense under 24?

I'll admit, the Minny offense is better than I have given them credit for, but this is an OSU defense that is better than BG, MOH, FAU, and Purdue by a very, very large margin. OSU has enough team speed to slow down a spread. I believe Minny will be forced to throw the ball, and although I like Weber and think he might have some potential, I think this is a recipe for disaster against OSU. If not for the huge chunks of yards Purdue gave up in the 2H allowing Minny to score on their 1st four possessions, this game was an absolute blow-out. You think Minny's scoring 4 consecutve times against OSU? Purdue also had dropped passes and penalties in the 2H that helped Minny keep it close to the number. Tiller tried to give the game away with under 8:00 minutes left by getting conservative, too.

On the other side of the ball, OSU should be able to handle Minny's d-line, and Minny still has Jamal Harris, Ryan Collado, Marion's little brother, and Curtis Thomas in the secondary, so OSU should be able to effectively move the ball on the ground and in the air.

OSU, like OU at #3, knows at #8 they need to keep running up scores. I think OSU scores in the mid- to high-40s with longer time-consuming drives, which will require the OSU defense to hold Minny to low-20s...

My two-cents. GLTU

Minny will be lucky to get 17...

Ohio State ashould have another explosive first qtr and be up like 24-7 or 28-7. From there it rains and pours

I'd sure like to get a couple takes from B.A.R., STEED, Jump, Croc and the other OSU guys on how they feel about this game...

I'd sure like to get a couple takes from B.A.R., STEED, Jump, Croc and the other OSU guys on how they feel about this game...

TIMEOUT!

Please do not group me with those sad souls from the state of Ohio(otherwise known as East Indiana)

You do realize I put $300 at -23.5 ;)

Oh god no!!!! LEROY!!!

There's no way MN scores over 20. That's a great point about running up scores to move up from #8. This team has the quality and ability to be #3 or #4 by December if the pieces fall in the right spot.

If I hedge upwards, I still feel very good about it up to 27.5.

TIMEOUT!

Please do not group me with those sad souls from the state of Ohio(otherwise known as East Indiana)

You watch your ass...

I was thinking more along the lines of Mishitgan being an extension of Ohio than Ohio being an extension of Indiana....

:down2:

You watch your ass...

I was thinking more along the lines of Mishitgan being an extension of Ohio than Ohio being an extension of Indiana....

:down2:

LOL-don't kid yourself. I was under impression that you who reside in Southern Indiana just called yourself Kentucky anyway.

BTW, bjorks, WTF is up with the ASU line? Seems a bit short, but is ASU ready to finally have their meltdown?

Id be worried about the pullout of all the starters in the second half...Theyve got Purdue on deck. And that line will be small at Purdue. Probably 4 or less. Boilermakers only gave Minn 14, so what makes anyone think that the Buckeyes are going to cover 23?

Minn was only out-gained by 35 yds against Purdue.

Buckeyes probably cant beat Purdue in Purdue.

This is also a revenge game for Minnesota as they were blown-out 44-0 LY.

I may be on the dog in this one. Buckeyes are a fraction of what they were last year, IMO.

Ohio State's 3rd string quarterback Antonio Henton was arrested for solicitation last night and has been suspended from the team. I thought he played pretty well in mop-up duty in all four games so far this year.

Dumbass solicited an undercover policewoman to have sex with him for $20.

He is a quarterback at Ohio State, which has a huge student population. There has to be tons of sluts that would fuck him. What the hell could he be thinking????:spank:

BTW, bjorks, WTF is up with the ASU line? Seems a bit short, but is ASU ready to finally have their meltdown?

I think it's about right to tell you the truth. Stanford does suck, but you have to remember this is still Koetter's group of guys on the field and he never won in California, including against some awful Stanford teams.

I'm waiting to talk like usual, practice gets done about at 8:30 tonight so I'll start talking to people here soon.

Early leans

LSU -40 (Tulane doesn't score and Perilloux is going to play quite a bit)
LSU 1H (Get up big early and hang on)
South Carolina/Miss St UNDER (Not a lot of O, but a lot of D)
Alabama +2 (FSU is a fraud on offense, if Bama gets up early FSU will have to throw the ball, which isn't good)
Michigan St/Wisky UNDER (IMO MSU is not a good matchup for Wisky)
Notre Dame +21.5 (ND will have a game this year where we're like where did that come from, against Purdue's D, this is as good of a game for a mini breakout.

I'm on LSU -24 1H for sure. Worried about the backdoor with Florida on the horizon

On the Miss. St./SC Under 42, and am considering the under 2 touches spread...

IMHO, Purdue will name their score, and not even ND against Purdue's defense will be able to keep up...

GL, man...

I'm on LSU -24 1H for sure. Worried about the backdoor with Florida on the horizon

On the Miss. St./SC Under 42, and am considering the under 2 touches spread...

IMHO, Purdue will name their score, and not even ND against Purdue's defense will be able to keep up...

GL, man...

Got some more coming, but I'm only through a couple of conferences. I've got some info coming from Notre Dame so hold off on your bet for another 24 hours.

LSU -40 (Tulane doesn't score and Perilloux is going to play quite a bit)
LSU 1H (Get up big early and hang on)
South Carolina/Miss St UNDER (Not a lot of O, but a lot of D)
Alabama +2 (FSU is a fraud on offense, if Bama gets up early FSU will have to throw the ball, which isn't good)
Michigan St/Wisky UNDER (IMO MSU is not a good matchup for Wisky)
Notre Dame +21.5 (ND will have a game this year where we're like where did that come from, against Purdue's D, this is as good of a game for a mini breakout.

Added Leans right now...
Oklahoma -23 (I wish it were at 21)
Alabama +3 (FSU is a mess with new academic fraud stuff hanging around)
Rutgers -18.5 (Man, should've jumped on this early as I see it's a FG higher than what most people got it at)
UCF -21
Air Force +3

Back