The ACC Conference -- Rest of 2023 Discussion

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
Hey, in the spirit of the weekly threads plus the one I started last month for the P12 I figured I would get the ball rolling on the ACC. This is quite the interesting conference and with a chance to gain entry into the playoffs, we should have a fun final 6 weeks!

The UNC loss took some luster off having two undefeated teams in the regular season. Still, the Heels have quality opponents left and can state their case for a high level bowl game.

Florida St meanwhile is sitting atop the conference right now, undefeated and looking to bring back the glory days of the 90s and Jaboo years. The schedule up until the conference championship game is versus non top-25 teams. With that being said, two rivalry games loom against the rest of Florida (Canes and Gators). We all know what can happen in rivalry games.

There have been a lot of entertaining games in conference this season, and I'd expect nothing less till the end of the season!

New this season is the division - less POD system of scheduling.

Here are the tiebreakers in case you need a refresher (I certainly did).

Screenshot_20231024-020438.pngScreenshot_20231024-020512.png

So, the current top 3 do not play each other at all this year. So, barring a crazy November we'll see FSU vs a team that haven't faced, hopefully. Yes, I'm penciling the Noles into the Champ game. Remember, Florida is an OOC game.

Current standings.

Screenshot_20231024-015351.png

Anyways, I figured we have a lot of different ACC folk here to provide information as we hit the stretch run!

MW
Virginia Cavs
HeHateMe
BooksBestFriend
Carolinablue
Carolina Guy
Brewers888
AlexGurv!

I'm doing pretty well with the conference, especially with unders. Won with
Miami, BC, NCSU, Wake under last week, Lost with Duke and the under in that one. miami,

Clemson's negative momentum will continue this week. It won't be 7-3 like the game in 1977, but I expect a 17-10 or 17-14 game. Under 43 or 43.5 should be a winner. Then I wouldn't be surprised to see Clemson beat Notre Dame. State should lose but cover.

Anyways, I figured we have a lot of different ACC folk here to provide information as we hit the stretch run!

MW
Virginia Cavs
HeHateMe
BooksBestFriend
Carolinablue
Carolina Guy
Brewers888
AlexGurv!
No one has consistently capped ACC football for no apparent reason than Dan the props Man!

Maybe its the bitter Miami fan in me but I still don't fully trust FSU to finish the season unbeaten.
FSU not playing Notre Dame yet getting North Alabama might be the most criminal thing this season

That's usually reserved for the SEC playing Dumpster Fire Stat in late November but FSU is relevant this year

UNC inexplicably lost at home to Ga Tech last season and the season went to shit from there. Let's see what happens at Ga Tech after last week's inexplicable loss at home to UVa. I expect the Heels to win by DD's as Haynes King is as bad here as he was at aTm. Run the damn ball, Mack!

Pitt is bad, but can’t believe they are catching 20.5 @ ND. I have been to the last couple games @ ND (not going this year) but they were big underdogs in both of those games and almost won. Different teams of course, but they seem to play well in this stadium.

Pitt is bad, but can’t believe they are catching 20.5 @ ND. I have been to the last couple games @ ND (not going this year) but they were big underdogs in both of those games and almost won. Different teams of course, but they seem to play well in this stadium.
I’m on Pitt+ and moneyline. Small, but I’m with you. Teams who score a million points on almost no yardage are not good bets the next game. Of course, Hartman is the Pitt D’s biggest nightmare, but so be it.

Narduzzi has had great success on the read. He’s great as a road favorite, but he’s been great as a dog in this price range as well. When getting between 14 and 24 on the road he is 5-0 ATS, including Pitt’s road win as +22 over eventual national champion Clemson in game 10 in 2016. It also includes a 19-14 loss at playoff-bound Notre Dame as +21 in game 7 five years ago.

Last edited:
No one has consistently capped ACC football for no apparent reason than Dan the props Man!

No clue why but this conf has always just kinda made sense to me. Big10 usually a huge pain in my ass but acc is my jam!!! Gotta say this year I been ok but don’t think I been as good in acc and have actually won some big10 games! Lol.

Satterfiekd leaving ville hurt, I always had that joker pegged and have no real feel for them under Brohm yet.

Pitt has turned into a total shit show, bad enough the offense has reverted back to the stone ages but they don’t even resemble the d I used to know very well.

I think I have a solid understanding of canes but the cristabal factor makes things tricky. Been more a good prop team for me.

Gtech I’ve been pretty strong w but lot of props, few sides.

Think im getting a decent feel for Hokies who I was totally dismissing at beginning the year but had to take notice after they ditched that awful qb. These guys are becoming kinda interesting to me!

Fading cuse been a gravy train. I try to talk ppl out of that team every week, terrible qb, terrible system, just terrible!

Ncst somehow thought trying to run a version of cuse crappy offense with another crappy no arm qb was a good idea, think they benched him but the besides the o the d fell way off this year.

I’ve always mostly ignored unc, one of my keys to acc success, donf get involved w them much! Lol. I do think I have a ok read on them, woulda played Gtech but was happy with king props. Really don’t think unc all that good, although the addition of Tez walker makes them little more dangerous. Just not a fan of this coaching staff. If they the ones who play noles I’ll be all over noles.

I thought I had a bead on clemson, gof lucky w noles beating them but played them and cashed next several weeks, then these asshiles went to Miami and pulled another clemson. Pretty sure they should be undefeated but they beat themselves every big game! They had the 3 straight trips inside the 10 in 2nd half vs duke and scored no points. Had noles best and played to lose. Pretty much pulled a repeat of the duke game at Miami cept they turned it over in scoring range all 1st half instead! Shoulda won that game by 20 but the really confusing part was all a sudden in 2md half canes just ran them over without even the threat of a pass just gashed them running it play agter play. That surprised me and not sure if bodes well for this week? Honestly have no idea now!

I havnt really seem BC much with this duel threat kid, I can’t believe they dogs to cuse, did I mention how terrible cuse is?

No clue bout Uva but they have struggled w duel threat qbs so I’d expect king has a good game.

That giriffs kid playing qb for wake is fuckinv awful. I’m sure there other bad power 5 qbs I havnt seen but he as bad as any I have watched a few times! I don’t think they score more than 7 vs duke.

I really hate ville such a mystery to me cause before they switched coaches they were one the teams I always felt confident bout. Now I just have no damn clue! Gtech seriously should have beat them but Gtech has this thing where they go into the locker room and forget how to tackle or play football in 2md half, which really weird cause they beat unc by dominating the 4th! Lol,

I seriously think Hokies could beat ville this week and end up playing in the acc championship! Not even joking.

i just dunno where to look and see the times ville impressed me. They looked good vs ND but I truly believe that was all bout Irish schedule and them being totally gassed by the 2nd half. If they played ND this week I don’t think they would score more than 14!! They lost badly to pitt for god sakes, had pitt combined for the 39 they scored on ville rest the year?? Ncst held them to 13!! I hit ville team total under last week even tho they shut duke out!! I’ll def be taking the points w vtech.

This week I love the Wake under. Small play on Clemson. Will likely play BC and Clemson under.

I can understand why it looks that way. All six of Clemson's ACC games have gone under (excluding OT). I'm not sure I like it, though.

This week I love the Wake under. Small play on Clemson. Will likely play BC and Clemson under.

Wake scoring 21 points and yhat awful qb having the game of his life was one the most baffling things I’ve seen in college football in a long time!! I’d love to know wkat drug Elko decided to party on all week?? Maybe peyote ? I dunno how else to explain a guy who is generally thought of as one the better defensive minds around letting his team get picked apart by that stupid ass garbage slow mesh and one the worst qbs I’ve seen playing power 5 football this year?!!?!?!!? We could say wake under cashes without that dumb shit decision to throw a pass after wake missed a fg but fact is wake had 2 red zone trips w no points cause of missed fgs so even tho it could have still won if it wasn’t for 2 plays, the int then the next inexplicable play in the 2md half when they allowed wake qb to sit in the pocket so long he coulda ordered a damn pizza before finding the wide open wr to set up the death score, one those bets that easily coulda won but really didn’t deserve to. Don’t get me wrong I’d make same bet 2marro cause I’m pretty sure Elko will have sobered up and just did what everyone else does to shut wake down and sent as many he needed to get pressure.

Baffling indeed. And exactly — the bet didn’t deserve to win, but like you I would make that same bet tomorrow. You nailed it! And thank God for that kicker.

Looks like I never posted the earlier comment that I typed up. What I recall saying is how baffling it was that Griffis started out 12-12.

Looks like I never posted the earlier comment that I typed up. What I recall saying is how baffling it was that Griffis started out 12-12.

I don’t recall if you in the baseball threads during summer? I have this crazy ability, don’t think gift the right word cause it sucks! When I’m blasting a player bout how terrible they are it’s the damndest thing, dude hits a bomb, makes a great play, doesn’t get out all game. It happens a lot and makes me look half retarded! Last night I was getting that same vibe as I been calling this kid the worst power 5 qb I’ve seen, no idea how any school couldn’t do better, Duke d was gonna outscore wake offense, etc etc etc., Sure enough Mfer has the game his life!!! What blows is it never works if I try to fake it, even if I don’t think that highly of a guy, it only works when it comes organically and I’m legitimately bashing guy excessively to the point I’ve been way harsh but meant every word! It’s insane how often it happens in baseball, this 1st time I recall it happening in another sport tho. All I could think every completion was why did I have to be so mean!! lol.,

I’d appreciate it if you would trash Cade Klubnik and Clemson’s OL. And kicker. Hell, trash DJU, too. I think I’ll be betting Oregon State tomorrow.

While you’re at it, please trash Michigan, Ohio State, Oregon, K State, SMU, Iowa State (especially its defense), and UConn, as well as Campbell, Kennesaw State, and the defenses of Iowa, Iowa’s opponent (can’t even remember who), Army, and Air Force. I think that about covers it.

Thanks in advance!

Wrote this in the dog thread but figure it should go in here since I love this play!!

I think vtech is gonna beat Louisville. This one is prob much more realistic than mizzou beating Uga. I think Hokies are actually gonna win out and play noles in the acc championship game! Crazy I know. I like the Drones kid playing qb, love how aggressive they are on both sides the ball! They blitz like crazy and do it well enough to constantly get into the opposing teams backfield and they dial up some really nice shot plays on offense w a solid run game that Tough to stop cause drones a very good runner and they design plays where it makes it very hard to have numbers in both areas the run could go. I been more and more impressed w this team every week.

Admittedly I don’t think I have a great feel for ville, maybe they better than I think but not only is their resume far from impressive they have played close games with a bunch of crappy teams, I dont think they better than the Hokies. All the duel threat qbs they have faced have given them trouble and Drones legs better than any they have faced.

My one concern is if Brohm can draw up a rushing attack to beat the blitzes. Obviously it can be dangerous to go about stopping the run with this style as there a much greater chance a team can hit a home run with no guys in the 2nd and 3rd level to make the tackle. That said I rather a d play this aggressively and give up a few long runs opposed fo letting a team gash them for 5 yards a carry all way down the field eating up the clock and keeping the offense on the sideline. I’ll go down swinging w aggressiveness all day! Amd the fact this team plays aggressive on both sides the ball has me growing rather fond of them!! We will need Drones to be more accurate in the passing game this week, against cuse they dialed up some excellent shot plays but he missed on most of them, not by much just slight overthrows most the time, then there was one that was totally on the wr as I dunno wtf he was doing! He must have lost the ball cause instead of continuing his route and potentially running right underneath the ball he got all turned around and did sone kind of goofy looking spin thing making it look like a poor pass since it landed 5 yards over his head!!

Anyways the bottom line is this, Look closer at ville resume and how close some the games they have played vs teams who are not good, realize ville caught their toughest 2 opponents in terrible spots.

I promise there no way they beat ND if they wernt at the end of a brutal run of travel and tough games, Irish clearly ran out of gas in the 2nd half and just couldn’t stop the run.

Then last week they caught Duke who been a shell of themselves since Leonard went down!

The other games to point to? Ville beat Gtech in a game the jackets dominated for a half but we have learned since that game Gtech apparently forgets how to play football in the locker room as they have blown lots of games in the 2nd half!

They had to hold on for dear life to best a crappy indiana team.

13-10 to a terrible ncst team! Then they got smashed by a garbage pitt team!!

There no way ville is the 13 th best team in the country! Honestly I don’t think they w top 20 team. On the other hand I think Hokies are playing like close to a top 20 team since acc play began! Granted fsu the only good team they played, they score wasn’t flattering in that game but Hokies held their own after noles jumped out 22-0. The kind of teams ville been skating by Hokies have been taking apart! Im very confident there no chance ville covers this number and honestly I will be surprised if vtech doesn’t win!!

Week 11

Clemson -14.5 -- finally some momentum for Clemson, and Tech is no longer under the radar. Usually, they've bounced back and forth between Jekyll and Hyde performances, but after two straight wins, and with a 5-4 record, they're not going to catch anyone unprepared. Tech's MO is winning as an underdog off a loss. Not as a dog off two wins. And Tech can't stop the run.

Wake under 45 -- Baffling game last week still pushed the early number of 45. There's no reason to expect this one to go over, either.

Not that anyone cares but there is speculation that the Miami OC is leaving at the end of the year due to Cristobal interfering. Since this is a rivalry game anything can happen but I expect Miami to struggle scoring so I will probably bet the team under if it’s high enough.

Back