The 2023 Ryder Cup Discussion

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
Team Europe has completed their picks and we're ready to go in less than a month in Italy!

My personal key here is to hopefully receive the pertinent information on course set-up. As the home squad, the Euros are able to set-up the course as they wish. Look back at 2018, and they set up with tight fairways and thick rough due to the 'bombers' mentality of that US team.

Current lines at BetOnline

USA -115
Europe +130
Tie +1200

We can use this thread to talk pre-match bets plus much more as pairings etc are announced!

Last edited:
US hasn't won on Euro soil since 1993? Talk to me about this course. My golf watching has declined steadily the past few years.

Renovated between 2018 and 2021.

There are some great match play holes on the back.

That's about my knowledge of this track.

I'll be interested in how Europe sets this up.

I cant get past just taking the US at -110

Basically been looking for reasons not to all day and outside it being in europe, the depth just doesnt match, even if rory and Rahm play their best all week...

I cant get last just taking the US at -110

Basically been looking for reasons not to all day and outside it being in europe, the depth just doesnt match, even if rory and Rahm play their best all week...
I need to look deeper at course set-up.

That is the big equalizer.

With that being said, the -110 is ridiculous when you simply match the teams up.

Also been looking at props

Homa top american rookie at +150 has value imo

Rory top brit is +200

JT top points scorer at +1800 imntaking a stab at small

Do we know when matchups set for day 1? Assume tomorrow afternoon? First session starts at 1030 pst tomorrow night

Rough is gonna be so brutal, not sure I've ever seen that at the Ryder Cup. Hitting fairways basically will decide matches

Agree with the comments so far- U.S. on paper dominant but course set-up, home soil will be a factor. U.S. can go up but end up choking on final day, h2h match-ups.

DK has a boost for U.S. to win, +110 with no limit...Very enticing but leaning Europe for now.

Agree with the comments so far- U.S. on paper dominant but course set-up, home soil will be a factor. U.S. can go up but end up choking on final day, h2h match-ups.

DK has a boost for U.S. to win, +110 with no limit...Very enticing but leaning Europe for now.
Yeah I prefer Europe, I actually usually think the h2h Sunday is the only thing the US continues to have the advantage in. Until Whistling Straits it seems like the US are always in a decent sized hole going into Sunday. Euros seem to play so stout in the team events, that obviously wasn't the case in the last RC.

I'm certainly not betting on the US, no victories in Europe for 30 years is not something I'm betting into.

Looking forward to watching and hoping to pick up a couple of units along the way. Still can’t decide who will lift the trophy, feels like Europe will but can’t root / bet against Merica’

Rd 1 play- Hovland/Aberg -145 v. Homa/Harman, Jax St ML +128 3u

Looking forward to watching and hoping to pick up a couple of units along the way. Still can’t decide who will lift the trophy, feels like Europe will but can’t root / bet against Merica’

Rd 1 play- Hovland/Aberg -145 v. Homa/Harman, Jax St ML +128 3u
What a comeback in football!

I like that play in R1.

Starting early

Europe to win RC +100 2*
Europe to win day 1 +100 2*
Tournament halves o3.5 -125 2*
Hovland/Aberg o Homa/Harman -145
X/Cantlay o Rory/Fleetwood -105
That "halves" proposition bet is enticing.

With how they set the morning up, value in Europe to win Day 1 I'd say.

Reactions: KJ
Only thing I was right with my wagers tonight was Jax ML and it's in a parlay w/the Beavs, had written it off too
Man I was seconds away from clicking submit on Jax St ML +2500 before that last drive started and got distracted. Gonna beat myself up on that one for awhile

I struggle to bet this event because there isn’t much recency coming into it. Lean to Europe but I’ll root for the US… might play some on the weekend but these opening matchups seem like a coin flip. Best of luck with your wagers…

Hate the chalk, but cannot resist......Hovland/Aberg -140 over harman/homa.......rather sizeable

Back