Texas Rangers season long roundup

We are back at it tonight, winners of 6 in a row and Yu on the bump.... I like the matchups in this series

Darvish 3-2 2.96 vs Eickhoff 0-3 4.76
Eickhoff hasn't pitched into the 7th inning in any of his past 5 starts. In his last start he lasted 3 2/3 allowing 5 earned runs

Cashner 0-3 2.43 vs Effin 0-0 2.81
Cashner has pitched better than his 0-3 record

Perez 1-5 3.89 vs Pivetta 0-2 6.14
Martin has one bad inning and it costs him and the team. This game could become a real scoring fest

i'd be worried about Cashner's lack of K's, but he's somehow surviving with an impressive ERA so far to say the least

Could also see a series win and maybe even a sweep, which might get everyone back on board despite this being a far inferior team compared to last year's imo

This this team I feel has the swagger back, if you watched the game last night Beltre ripped DeShields a new asshole when he made an error.
They are taking advantage of the weak schedule there currently in.
I sense this streak to hit 10-11 in a row...They need it because Astros ain't slowing down

i'd be worried about Cashner's lack of K's, but he's somehow surviving with an impressive ERA so far to say the least

Could also see a series win and maybe even a sweep, which might get everyone back on board despite this being a far inferior team compared to last year's imo

Seven in a row, Yu pitched great bullpen did its job. As I said above Beltre has been in the dugout coaching the players. This team is back to .500 20-20
I don't see Cashner ending our streak tonight.....

Winners of 8 in a row, Cashner pitched well 7 innings while scattering 8 hits. Only 2-K's
Rangers have tied MLBs longest win streak this season with the Yankees today we go for our ninth in a row. Martin Perez 1-5 will go to the bump if he can over come that one bad inning syndrome I feel we will win again.
Rangers are finally over .500 for the first time this season 21-20

Our win streak hit 9 in a row after yesterday's win also capping off a 8-0 home stand. Martin Perez struck out 8 over 7 innings. Ryan Rua's three run home surged the Rangers to victory.
We now hit the road to Mo-Town....

StatFox Situational Power Trends

TEXAS at DETROIT
TEXAS is 47-22 (+25.4 Units) against the money line after 2 straight games where they committed no errors over the last 2 seasons. The average score was: TEXAS (4.8 ) , OPPONENT (4.2)

10 in a row......Nick Martinez allowed 1 run over 5 innings getting his first win since 8/5/2015
Napoli and Gallo hit bombs
Rangers streak is longest this year in MLB
This is their 4th longest winning streak in clubs history. Their longest is 14 in 1991

Our streak came to a screeching halt last night, AJ Griffin gave up 9 runs in 3 1/3 innings. He gave up 4 homers.
Tonight we are on Sunday Night Baseball with our ace Yu Darvish. Darvish was dominant in his last start, holding Philadelphia to one run on four hits with nine strikeouts over seven innings. He's 3-0 with a 2.38 ERA over his last five starts. He's overpowered the Tigers in all six of his career starts against them, winning each one while posting a 3.46 ERA.

Yu wasn't at his best throwing 105 pitches in only 5 innings. He did strikeout 7 getting the win. We were powered by homers from Nap and Kozma. We won the series now off to Boston.....

The red-hot Texas Rangers have 11 wins in their last 12 games, but they hit Fenway Park to face the Boston Red Sox on Tuesday night with a starting pitcher who has lived a long nightmare on the road. Andrew Cashner, who faces reigning Cy Young Award winner Rick Porcello in the opener of a three-game series -- and a six-game Boston homestand -- has failed to win a road game since Sept. 16, 2015.
Pitching for three different teams, Cashner is 0-8 in his last 17 road starts and has failed to win in 21 of his last 22 away from home. Lifetime, while just 23-26 at his three home parks, he is a woeful 9-30 on the road, where he has pitched to a 4.85 ERA, compared to 2.82 in home games.
Cashner is 0-2 in three road starts for Texas this season, but it is his work in his last two starts -- finally healthy (bicep) and both at home -- that have the Rangers optimistic as they come in to face the struggling Red Sox.Cashner, who will face the Red Sox for the first time, has allowed three runs over 13 innings, going 1-0 with a no-decision in his last two starts -- the win over the Philadelphia Phillies being Cashner's first in his home state of Texas.

<tbody>
</tbody>

Yu wasn't at his best throwing 105 pitches in only 5 innings. He did strikeout 7 getting the win. We were powered by homers from Nap and Kozma. We won the series now off to Boston.....

DET only getting two off him was terrible, but I guess you gotta credit Yu for battling because he clearly didn't have it and still got a W

...Cashner's road record is a lot because he pitched for one of the long-standing doormats of the league, but I agree I don't think this is the spot for his first road win in years

We out hit the Sawx 13-12 but still got clobbered. Our pitchers walked 8 batters. Cashner stunk it up. He pitched only 5 innings giving up 5 runs 6 hits and 4 walks. He also threw 2 wild pitches. Gallo hit his 14th homer.

Tonight we get Sale against Perez has the makings of a very long night for us

Perez was fine for 6 innings, then came Dyson and he imploded yet again... he faced 7 batters and didn't record one out.
We have not lost 3 out of 4 since our 10 game win streak.

I do look for a big game out of us tonight..... Martinez vs Pomeranz

We get swept in Boston, now have lost 4 out of 5. We head into Toronto this weekend. Last night we struck out 20 times
Napoli 4 times Andrus,Odor,Kozmas 3 times each.
This team is frustrating to say the least we stand at 24-24 but with many question marks.

Sorry i missed this but glad I did for your sake. I bit and bet them....
We are 8-17 on the road losers of 4 in a row... 5 of our last 6. They held a team meeting after the game.
AJ was placed on the 10 day DL

We get a break today Tulo & Donadlson both won't be in the lineup. Yu on the mound but he must be sharper than his last start.

feelings tonight?

We've lost 4 in a row, 5 out of last 6. They held a team meeting after our latest loss last night. Yu on the bump today. He struggled in his last outing yet managed a W
Tulo and Donaldson both out of starting lineup. We struck out 8 times last night.

Odor at .208
Napoli at .200
Gallo at .198

Positive news is Beltre will be back on Monday....

Was looking for a spot to bet them every night hoping to catch another streak. I think they can rally behind Yu today and look forward to their leader returning Monday. Should be decent value in the lines until they get significantly over .500. Too many batters struggling and it can't statistically hold up that way. Will start riding today and go until they lose back to back games.

Yu threw one bad pitch and it cost us a three run bomb. We lead 1-0 on a Choo lead off bomb we never scored again.
5 game losing streak the longest of the season, we've lost 6-7 since our 10 game win streak.
Not sure what tomorrow brings with Cashner on the bump he hasn't won on the road since sept 16th 2015
Texas is 8-20 against Toronto since the start of 2013 and has lost six of the past eight meetings. The Rangers have lost five straight north of the border.

Cashier pitched 7 very strong innings getting the W and lowering his ERA to 2.92
Joey Gallo hit his 15th bomb leading us to a 3-1 victory.

Martin Perez gets the call tonight as we face off against Tampa Rays.... We need a strong home stand

We were winning 4-1 after 2 innings. Then in a span of 3 pitches the Rays scored 5 runs. Final score Rays 10-8. Martin Perez 5 innings 5 runs giving up 9 hits. The Jekyl and Hide Rangers go at it again tonight.

Was looking for a spot to bet them every night hoping to catch another streak. I think they can rally behind Yu today and look forward to their leader returning Monday. Should be decent value in the lines until they get significantly over .500. Too many batters struggling and it can't statistically hold up that way. Will start riding today and go until they lose back to back games.

i was as big of a fan of 2016 TEX as anybody, but i'm curious what makes you think this? They've got a lineup full of guys who can live on the interstate

Elvis left the building in the 7th inning hitting a 3 year bomb. He ended up the evening with 5 RBIs propelling us to a 9-5 win. Our bullpen pitched 4 2/3 scoreless innings led by Dillon Gee.
Nick Martinez was battered around giving up 5 runs in only 4 1/3 innings

Dyson implodes again in the 10th inning he is now 1-6 with 4 blown saves, it's time to stop using him. We lost 7-5.
Yu starts tomorrow night (5-3) against the red hot Astros. We could be in for a very long weekend.......

at least he was the 4th reliever used last night, and it was after Bush blew the save, but you gotta think Bannister would use one of the other four arms in the pen before Dyson?

Yes there are still over 100 games left in the season but this series against the Astros will tell me what direction this club will head. I feel that we will be lucky to get 1 win...Tonight is a potential pitchers dream matchup Yu Darvish vs Dallas Keuchel.
The Astros (38-16) have a 12 game lead over us (26-28) currently in the division.
Quite a bit of rain in the area possibly one of these games could get washed out.

Carlos Correa & George Springer each hit 3 run bombs to lead the Astros to a 7-1 victory. Yu is now winless in his last 8 starts against the Astros. Keuchel (9-0) struck out 7 and allowed only 3 hits.
We stand at 26-29

Cashner vs McCullers today, I do see a pitchers duel here with not to many runs being scored

Two teams going in opposite direction, Astros winners of 9 in a row. Rangers losers of 3 in a row. We are now 3-10 in our last 13 games the record stands at 26-30.
6 'Stros pitchers struck out 18 Rangers Odor struck out 4 times. Cashner gave up 11 hits and 5 earned runs in 6 innings.

This team is frustrating to say the least, let's see if they show up today. I doubt it

The Astros beat us again winning their 10th in a row. Perez lasted only 3 2/3 innings giving up 7 hits 6 runs 5 of them earned.
We struck out 13 more times, our record stands at 26-31 15 games behind the Astros in fourth place in the division.
NY comes to visit for a 2 game series which starts Tuesday. Dillon Gee gets the start.

Last edited:
We start a rare 2 game series against the Mets tonight, Dillon Gee gets the ball to face his former team. Astros won their 11 straight last night.
Lets see how this team responds after getting destroyed this past weekend

Joey Gallo hit his 17th homer leading us to a 10-8 win over the Mets. Both starters got rocked Gee lasted only 3 1/3 and deGrom 4 innings.
Beltre left the ballpark with a boot on his ankle he injured it when stepping awkwardly on first base. He won't play tonight and then see how it feels.
Bush gave up back to back homers in the 9th inning the homers came on consecutive pitches.
Rangers are 7-1 in inter league play this season.
Yu versus Zack Wheeler tonight
Napoli went on the 10 day DL due to a lower back strain.

Yu struck out 9 and gave up only 3 hits but 2 of those hits were homers by Jay Bruce. Odor made a costly error in the 9th inning thus costing us the game. We now have lost 12 of our last 16 games...
We get the day off then limp into Washington to face the Nats... We will be lucky to win one game this weekend

Cashner pitched very well, giving up 1 run and 6 hits through 7 innings. Lucroy and Odor homer leading us to a 5-2 win.
A nice way to start off a rough 6 game road trip.

An 11th inning homer from Chirinos gave us our second win in a row over the Nats. The Nats bullpen is actually just as bad as ours it appears. That's 2 wins in a row.
Today we are up against it Scherzer vs Bibens-Dirkz.....Tomorrow we head to Houston to face the Astros who just took it to us last weekend. Good thing is we miss Keuchel

29-32

30-32 that's our record after we swept the Nats, this is not a typo. I'm probably more shocked than anyone else.
Our starting pitchers were excellent and bullpen did what they needed to do.
Bibens-Dirkx pitched 7 innings giving up only 3 hits.
We now head to Houston two weeks ago they swept us at home. Yu gets the ball tonigh he winless in his last 6 outings against the assholes.
Lets see if the momentum carries into Houston

Yu pitched 7 solid innings only giving up 1 hit, while striking out 4. We now have won 4 in a row all against division leaders. Mazara hit a 3 run bomb to open up our lead to 6-1 which was the final score.
31-32

32-32 back to .500 ball once again, 5 straight wins all over division leaders.
Rougned Odor blasted 2 home runs, Nick Martinez 5 hits 2 runs over 6 innings. Cashner gets the ball tonight as we prepare to sweep the Astros. We caught them at a good time while Keuchel and McCullers were both on the DL.
This team is tough to figure out, they go on both long losing and winning streaks.

Wednesday night we got our butts whipped.... We lost 13-2
But we went 5-1 on that road trip....

Tonight we are back home against the Mariners, the record stands at 32-33. Tyson Ross makes his first start in 14 months
Currently 12 behind in the division but only 1 game behind in the wild card.
Hopefully come Monday morning we are over .500 for the rest of the season.

33-33 after last nights 10-4 victory. Carlos Comez came off the DL to knock in 4 runs and Tyson Ross gained his first win since 8/31/15. He pitched 5.2 innings

Martin Perez starts today trying to get his first career victory over the Mariners

34-33 after yesterday's win, assuring us a series win our third series win in a row. Today Yu is on the bump going for the sweep.
Napoli hit 2 homers and Martin Perez got his first win since 5/18

Maybe this team has finally found its stride we are 7-1 in our last 8 games

34-34 back to .500 again. Yu gave up 4 first inning runs. Banny was ejected in the 2nd......

Tonight we are back at it against the Blue Jays....

34-35 back under .500 again. This team is really tough to figure out. Last week they took 5/6 from Nats & Stros....
We rallied from a 5-1 deficit to take the lead yet only to have the bullpen blow it in the 9th inning.
Matt Bush gave up 3 hits and 2 runs. It was his 3rd blown save in only 11 attempts.

Good news is Cole Hamels will be joining the rotation next week in Cleveland......

35-35 back at .500 once again it's reminding me of the movie groundhogs day. Nick Martinez pitched 6 1/3 innings only giving up 1 run. We won 6-1 after scoring 4 in the first frame. Beltre,Gomez,Mazara all hit dingers..... We try to win the series and get above .500 tonight.

Back