Texas / K State (David Ash Has Been Ruled Out)

Frank Costanza

Co-Inventor of the Man's Bra
Just announced that Ash is sitting again with his concussion. This may be a long-term thing, we'll have to wait and see.

Surely by now everyone knows that Case McCoy has a last name only. Some talk of playing true freshman Tyrone Swoopes in this game, but he's raw and I doubt we'll see him. I would guess Snyder will give Daniel Sams a lot of snaps as we have no hope of stopping the zone read. And now w/o a passing threat on offense, this makes things a lot easier on Snyder to defend. And, unlike our staff, he knows how to coach and adjust.

Texas giving 5.5 points? Dear lord. This wreaks of 2010 when an overvaluation existed all season, simply because there was a name involved.

Last edited:
Below is the tweet I referenced yesterday (from the LHN). But one outlet in Austin is reporting that Ash had limited reps at practice Wednesday night. From all indications, he's pretty banged up and not sure how effective he'd be even if he did suit up Saturday. McCoy or a less-than-healthy Ash doesn't change my view on the game. Additionally, our playmaker on offense (Daje Johnson) is out, best WR (Mike Davis) is questionable with an ankle and the right OT and guard are also questionable (not sure if good or bad). And it's Mack Brown v. Bill Snyder.

Texas Sports ‏<s>@</s>TXHornsSports <small class="time"> 17 Sep </small> David Ash has been ruled out for the Kansas State game, hope to have him back for after that. pic.twitter.com/NzoRWQq8vP

It won't / wouldn't be my biggest bet of the year but certainly a medium play for me. A little pause being K-State's first road trip, and we have enough talent at RB especially with Jonathan Gray (albeit with a sketchy line) to make things tough for a team that can't stop the run. But our RBs can't tackle nor can they defend any assemblance of the zone read. I think I have a pretty good finger on the pulse of our team, and for anyone that thinks Texas is going to make some sort of grand stand for Brown, I wouldn't count on it. They're a soft, coddled, heartless bunch without any leaders. The one guy on the team who has shown some leadership capabilities is Ash (and his head may still be in Provo based upon that hit he took.) I see nothing to believe we're all of a sudden going to turn it on / turn things around, even against what is an average K-State team. I keep coming back to the biggest mismatch in this entire game, coaching. And it's a big one.

Not to poo poo on this discussion, but what an abortion of a football game to place on national network TV in prime time.

Some of you get spared. I'm pretty sure that that Herbstreit pulled rank just to get to Austin for 3 days on the company dime.

ncf_8pm130921_ms_576.jpg

FML St Louis does not get the KSU game Saturday night.

Nevermind these two farces of games being on in Prime Time, how the F does ABC mess that up? STL is not a Big 10 market, and unless Illinois is playing, there is 0 reason why STL metro should not get to watch K-State. Ridiculous.

Nevermind these two farces of games being on in Prime Time, how the F does ABC mess that up? STL is not a Big 10 market, and unless Illinois is playing, there is 0 reason why STL metro should not get to watch K-State. Ridiculous.

This was always the case until Mizzou split for the SEC.....STL used to get all Big 12 shit first priority. Now Big 10 or SEC take priority with no Big 12 team within 300 miles.

I know you K-St guys are happy and I would be as well, but they're only showing this game so they can talk about how bad Texas is right now and Mack Brown's future. I'll be out and about, but I'll still watch if I see it on somewhere. Go K-St. That's all I got.

Back to the original discussion, I am hearing that it is still very possible/probable that Ash plays. That said, it wouldn't sway me to a UT pick. K-State is still the play if you make one, although I'm laying off of it for personal reasons.

KSt is definitely a lean. But i've got some reservations about their defense as well, especially in their 1st road game.

Considering the HC advantage, as well as the zone read issues all are pointing out (including RJ, mr longhorn himself, on FB), i'm gonna take a look at the KSt team total going over.

Bottom line, at this point, it's what i feel strongest about.

Back to Mack though. If Texas lays down, with the bye on deck, it's as good a time as any to make a mid-season change. Don't think it'll happen though.
Unless there's a mutiny going on, the upside of making the move just isn't there at this time. But, add in irrational thought, and ya never know.

KSt is definitely a lean. But i've got some reservations about their defense as well, especially in their 1st road game.

Considering the HC advantage, as well as the zone read issues all are pointing out (including RJ, mr longhorn himself, on FB), i'm gonna take a look at the KSt team total going over.

Bottom line, at this point, it's what i feel strongest about.

Back to Mack though. If Texas lays down, with the bye on deck, it's as good a time as any to make a mid-season change. Don't think it'll happen though.
Unless there's a mutiny going on, the upside of making the move just isn't there at this time. But, add in irrational thought, and ya never know.

There won't be any mid-season move. There are 3 people, very few more, right now supporting Brown. But those 3 happen to be Powers, Dodds and Joe Jamail (Pres, AD and biggest donor to the school). Once Dodds goes and Jamail dies (he's 87), we may see some cracks. But they're all entrenched. And Brown's delusional and not going to step away with $5.4 MM in the balance. Someone would have to put a gun to his head. And then maybe have to pull the trigger.

Ash starting doesn't change things much for me. He's not practiced much and won't be 100%. But him at 75% is better, much better, than anything we have. We'll see how it plays out.

Back