Texas And Oklahoma SEC Rumors…..again

One thing with that is the big schools helping the other small instate schools. LSU does it and I think Michigan and Ohio St as well off top of my head. I know I’m leaving some out but isn’t that a thing most places

If there was a split in the current IA/FBS classification, the power 5 schools can and should still play the group of 5 schools. Be that instate, Big Ten vs MAC, SEC vs Sun Belt, etc. We still have games IA/FBS vs IAA/FCS. I do not see anything wrong with that. Different teams schedule different ways to accomplish whatever they wish to accomplish. I like that. I don't like the push to only have P5 vs P5, like every game has to be...marketable, sellable, good for TV. To me, a split of P5 and G5 schools in and of itself does not need to change anything in terms of scheduling.

If there was a split in the current IA/FBS classification, the power 5 schools can and should still play the group of 5 schools. Be that instate, Big Ten vs MAC, SEC vs Sun Belt, etc. We still have games IA/FBS vs IAA/FCS. I do not see anything wrong with that. Different teams schedule different ways to accomplish whatever they wish to accomplish. I like that. I don't like the push to only have P5 vs P5, like every game has to be...marketable, sellable, good for TV. To me, a split of P5 and G5 schools in and of itself does not need to change anything in terms of scheduling.
Pretty sure there are still teams that won't play FCS like ND and USC/UCLA if I recall

Pretty sure there are still teams that won't play FCS like ND and USC/UCLA if I recall

That is my memory as well. Teams can play zero FCS or they can play them. Now, there are certain things that impacts, but with that knowledge, they can schedule accordingly.

I brought that up as an example, it doesn't matter that FCS is a different classification of football, they still get games vs FBS. So if they divided FBS into two different definitions, there isn't any reason that P5 and G5 games need to stop. There might be other reasons that P5 vs G5 games someday become less frequent, just that reclassification isn't one of them.

Reactions: KJ
Back