Texas A&M @ Texas Tech - Thoughts?

ynnhoj316

Pretty much a regular
The game is this Saturday, October 13. Tech is 1-1 in the Big 12 with a win over Iowa State and a road loss at OSU. A&M is 2-0 in the Big 12, sitting in 1st place, with home wins over Baylor and OSU. Lubbock is the last place A&M wants to ever play at.

What do yall think this line will open at? :tiphat:

Texas Tech will destroy this team. A&M is a lot worse than I thought watching them last night. They cant make this spread high enough. Im not good at predictions so Ill leave it to RJ or ETG

I agree with signalcaller.<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Also I will consider the over in this game
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Tech's defense sucks, period. Both teams should put up a lot of points, whichever team doesn't score on a possession will probably lose, the wild card is turnovers, A&M has benefited from t/o's so far. If total is only in double digits over is the play.:cheers:'an_horse'

and the horse icon is running the wrong damn direction!

LOL, thanks dogdoc. I just worry about teams that run well against tech.

I'm setting the line somewhere between pk and -4 in favor of TT.

Tech owns Aggy in recent years especially in Lubbock. TT is the right side in this one again, I think.

if the number is right i would lean tamu bc of the running game and ability to keep tt off the field but i woukld need a td i think

For me, this play is Tech or nothing. Seriously, guys, Tech owns Aggy especially at home (covering 80%).

ynn
The new defense that shut down northeast-southcentral middle louisiana?JK, hope you shut out everyone else but ags this season. & I would not place a bet on MY Ags in Lubbock to cover a cheap hooker.

keep the cheep rivialry talk out of here dogdoc, this is a betting forum, i thought ya'll were texas' rival anyways?

keep the cheep rivialry talk out of here dogdoc, this is a betting forum, i thought ya'll were texas' rival anyways?

Nope. Texas owns little brother.

More like TT's rival.

Line is too high for me to take either. I think TTech wins this one big time but the line is just too high. Hopefully we'll get 7 or so.

Rival? LOL.

The opponent has to win once in a while for it to be a rivalry.

Baylor and A&M usually play each other fairly close.....

When you give up 403 yards to MONTANA STATE, I don't believe you have any room to be talking defense smack.

PCB-wtf pulled your chain. I was just using a bit of humor to point out that neither team has played a lick of defense against a worthy opponent this year.:down2: Are you going to call out the other folks that are talking cheap (not cheep) rivalry shit, or is it just because you disagree with me.

YNN-what was the tt/UTEP score in the 1st quarter?? I forget.

RJ-Owns? A&M hasn't lost 4 conference games in a row in a while (although it could very well happen the next 4 weeks!) And who won last year?

I am an Aggie, proud of it, but I won't even pretend I think A&M will win in Lubbock again until it actually happens. Those facts don't make the fact that techs defense is not good an invalid opinion.

keep it classy fellas. thanks.

Burgandy.jpeg

http://<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RiBFESVX4FE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RiBFESVX4FE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Hunt
I was just using a bit of humor to make a point, as evidence by the "JK" at the end of the only possibly derogatory statement in my post. The replies remind me of another forum that most of us left because of the bs and trash talk from people that were not born when some of us started gambling.

was going to play Texas Tech at -7 or less, but the opening line priced me out of this one...

I can't believe the line opened @ 9. I was thinking about 4-6 range. At that I would be all over Tech but can't give up more than 7 with the Tech defense.

2003: Tech 59, A&M 28
2005: Tech 56, A&M 17

End of discussion. Tech plays A&M close in College Station and routes them in Lubbock.

BTW, A&M's running game was just as good in 2003 (234 ypg) vs 2007 (248 ypg). The difference is that A&M still has some very good teams to play, so the 248 number will go down.

The fact of the matter is Tech is better than they were in 2003 and 2005, while A&M is the same or worse. Don't be fooled by A&M. This is not a good team, by any stretch. They will likely lose out, and should have lost to Okla St, if Gundy wasn't a moron.

Tech 59, A&M 24.

Line actually opened at 6.5, settled at 8 for awhile , and now is around 9 at most.

Tech by DDs, IMO. Their skill position players are their best ever, and Wrecking Crew is no more. Tech has owned A&M in 5 of L6, and at Jones Stadium is especially tough on those maroon clad fellas.

Take Red Raiders and run with it....to the bizzzank.

Javorski Lane aka Porky has guaranteed a victory over TTU. Delusional Aggy. http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews.com/

For someone who has never experienced a victory over Tech, he sure does run his mouth a lot. Keep in mind that this is the same guy who said "no one in the country can stop our offense."

Anyone remember the A&M vs Miami Thursday night game?

Tech to the bank.

BTW, everyone should check out the analysis of the Okie Lite-Aggy matchup in the boxscore and by SMQ.com (found in my thread, here). Okie Lite dominated but Aggy got the benefit of 7 swing points for the narrow 1 pt victory.

Now, seeing that Aggy is going into its' least favorite stadium and playing a team that is just as good if not better than Okie Lite, what do you think should happen?

I know both teams pretty well (Im a UT fan). I always clean up betting on Tech during this game, its always one of my favorite bets of the year. Mike Leach hates aTm and he will do everything he can to run up the score, and the fans will be going nuts, too. Tech's defense will be pumped up enough to hold them to 24 points or less and Tech will score near 50. Im thinkin something like 49-24 in favor of Tech.

Tech to the bank.

BTW, everyone should check out the analysis of the Okie Lite-Aggy matchup in the boxscore and by SMQ.com (found in my thread, here). Okie Lite dominated but Aggy got the benefit of 7 swing points for the narrow 1 pt victory.

Now, seeing that Aggy is going into its' least favorite stadium and playing a team that is just as good if not better than Okie Lite, what do you think should happen?

thank you RJ, thank you

I love listening to Leach interviews. He could do stand up with Dennis Miller. Says whatever he thinks, & damn the naysayers.

I'll share a secret with everyone that they should already know...

I bet TTU "half to half," this has been very successfull. I bet on them to cover the 1st half, if they don't I double up on the second half bet. I'm not sure the numbers on it, but I haven't lost with it this year, and it lost maybe once or twice last year...GL

What is with Aggy? Is that supposed to be an insult to A&M? I don't get it.

As an Ag who generally bets with his heart on Aggie games, there is no way I would touch this.

1. Tech owns us in Lubbock
2. Our defensive gameplan will be to rush three and drop eight into loose coverage (just like every year) and Leach will eat them alive.
3. Our offensive gameplan will continue to suck. We will give it to Lane a couple of times, throw some 5 yard outs, and give the ball to our speedy RB Goodson from the shotgun so that he is standing flat footed when he gets the ball.
4. There is major turmoil at A&M right now. Franny is in some hot water over selling inside info to top boosters. I have a buddy that seems to always know what is going on in the Athletic Department. His info has never been wrong (Gillespie hire, Gillespie going to UK, Fran hired from Bama, etc). He called me last night and said that Fran has been told that he won't be brought back after this year. Byrne, the AD, (and I'm sure A&M's lawyers) told Fran that this his VIP Newsletter violated his contract with A&M. Fran's assistant that wrote the newsletters has already been fired. Byrne offered him a buyout for a fraction of what it would have cost otherwise and told Fran to take it or be sued. But either way he was out. Fran took the buyout. How motivated can he be at this point?

Beatdown in Lubbock

I think the Tech/A&M match-up this Saturday in Lubbock has the potential to get out of hand quickly. So many factors are at play here, that I see a perfect storm of Aggy misery on the horizon.

1.) For whatever reason, Tech has owned A&M the last 10 years (7-3 and 5-0 at home) even when A&M prob had the better teams. The last two games in Lubbock have been blowouts. A&M has had one road game so far this year and looked horrible at Miami.

2.) A&M has managed to put together another horrible pass defense this year giving up on average 240ypg, and they haven't yet played a true pass first offense. They even made Kyle Wright look solid for christ sake. Now they face a Red Raider offense that is really clicking. As a Longhorn, Ive seen all the Tech QB's since Leach got there, and I think this Harrell kid is easily the best. Add Crabtree and the rest of those "system receivers" to the mix and it could get ugly. A&M on the other hand cant throw to save their lives. I expect them to run the ball with some success against Tech, but if they fall behind by a couple of quick scores, they are toast.

3.) There is an interesting psychology at play here in the dynamics of the state rivalries. A&M thinks that Texas is their main rival, even though the majority of Texas fans pay more attention to the Sooners these days. I would make the argument that A&M is the biggest football rival Tech has year in and year out, which means they really get up for this game. Aggie fans don't consider Tech to be equals as they cant bring themselves to admit that their football stature has slipped. Tech is fully aware of the Aggie feelings of superiority, so make no mistake that they love run up the score whenever possible. Leach will have no problem doing so if he has the opportunity.

4.) And then you have the whole Fran VIP newsletter fiasco. A&M had a press conference today announcing that they are officially reprimanding Fran for his unbelievably stupid secret newsletter to aggie boosters. I really believe that A&M now is hoping to fire Fran at the end of the year without having to pay off his ridiculous buyout clause, and are setting him up to do so. If the team gets the idea that Fran is a lame duck coach and quit on the guy....look out.

A line of 9 points seems low to me. Aggies are annoying to everyone else in the state of Texas, and when you have the chance to embarrass them you do. Leach has the tools to do so, and the crowd will be loving every minute of it. I see Tech winning by 20-30.

The Gambler, I guess you could say the same thing on why aggies always call Texas "tu". Not funny or hurtful, but its an aTm tradition.

On the game, I really dont see how Tech doesnt cover. Ive put about 75% of my total money in my account on the game so Im dead if Tech doesnt cover, but I think Tech wins by 20+.

Wooderson, agree 100%. Im a Longhorn and a Horned Frog, and root for and/or watch most teams in the state closely year in and year out. I really dont see how this stays within 20 points. Leach will run up the score every chance he gets against aTm and the fans are going to be screaming their asses off all game. Tech might hate aTm more than anyone. And I didnt even realize that aTm has only played one away game this season. This could be the hardest stadium for them to play in this year when you factor in the rivalry and how bad Tech wants to beat the hell out of aTm. Im thinking Tech wins 49-24.

Well, I have had this game circled for weeks but after reading the comments of 500 posters all agreeing that this was blow-out city, I'm rethinking this. Waitresses and bus boys at the local restaurants are all taking out mortgages on their house and headed to Vegas for the money they are handing out. If you are a fan of Vegas you better go this week because they will be in bankruptcy next week. Now Dr. Bob even has Tech, could there be a bigger kiss of death? I have followed Aggies for many, many years and every time they are counted down and out they jump up and bite you in the ass, and vice versa. I think I'll just sit this one out!

I wouldn't say the aggies always come out and suprise people when least expected. I bet enough money to have airfare, room, rose bowl tickets, and lots of money to spend at the bar after UT beat USC. Fortunately for me, Tech covered with ease and I headed my ass to the Rose Bowl for free. Thank you Mike Leach. Now I am going to bet on Tech in pursuit of a ticket to the South Carolina Florida game, along with airfare.

Back