Tennis tips thread

Kuznetsova has been getting less rest than her opponents all the way through the tournament. Normally I would back her at these odds, but with that in mind ... :-(

Kuznetsova has been getting less rest than her opponents all the way through the tournament. Normally I would back her at these odds, but with that in mind ... :-(

Such is the nature of betting and randomness. One day you fade an overrated player (Sharapova) and lose the bet, next day when you don't, she belatedly fulfills the expectation with a huge flop.

Well, game not over yet. 6-2 4-3 lead to Kuznetsova, who's serving.

Edit: Kuznetsova wins 6-2 6-4, well done by her!

Last edited:
Serena getting rolled. Going to be a good final. Both ladies are in really good form.

Raonic - Murray

Today, 20:00 CET, Madrid - Masters, quarterfinal, clay

The bet: Raonic @ 2.57 LOSS -100

Raonic is 3-2 H2H, including 1-0 on Clay. Raonic arrived fresh for this tournament whereas Murray came from winning the Munich tournament, which might have worn a bit on him.

Last edited:
Holy Hell and I getting smoked today. Sharapova -1.5 sets, Serena -1.5 sets, Dimitrov o24, Berdych u24, Berdych 1st set

can't get any worse than that. FWIW, I have Milos +1.5 sets big. fade away.

Holy Hell and I getting smoked today. Sharapova -1.5 sets, Serena -1.5 sets, Dimitrov o24, Berdych u24, Berdych 1st set

can't get any worse than that. FWIW, I have Milos +1.5 sets big. fade away.

I feel you. Not looking too good with Raonic, 1 set down. Murray is serving out of this world, 80% first serves and winning 84% of them. We need him to cool down.
Edit1 3-2 Raonic in second set. Tough hold.
Edit2 4-3 Raonic wasted a breakpoint in Murray's serve
Edit3 5-4 Raonic survives another two breakpoints to hold. We're still alive:tiphat:

Last edited:
How do you know?

He withdrew his last tourney in the match against Monaco with a foot injury. Then today he announced he wasn't going to play Rome next week. Which is an ATP 1000 so its not minor. Their guess was the foot just needs rest. So take 2 weeks off before the French. You could just tell he was injured on the foot. Couldn't slide on clay or anything

11 WIN - 14 LOSS =-119,5 units

Bad streak..

I'm on Kuznetsova @ 2.65 today, I don't think one match should make Kvitova a big favorite. LOSS -100

Last edited:
@WTA: Sets won/lost en-route to @MutuaMadridOpen final:

Kvitova=10-2
Kuznetsova=10-3

Time On Court:
Kvitova= 7hr 54mins
Kuznetsova=11 hrs

Thought you would find this interesting.

@WTA: Sets won/lost en-route to @MutuaMadridOpen final:

Kvitova=10-2
Kuznetsova=10-3

Time On Court:
Kvitova= 7hr 54mins
Kuznetsova=11 hrs

Thought you would find this interesting.

Kuznetsova opposition was overall harder. She had more more rest before today's match though. Maybe today is when she runs out of steam.

Big dog hit for you! VIP sucks. Thinking about throwing some coin on Diyas. Genie sucks bad right now

11 WIN - 15 LOSS =-219,5 units

I took some days break to realign. I will try to be a bit more conservative in my selections.

Lots of underdogs have come through, but too rarely those I select. The Rome tournament is a bit suspect because it's just before French Open, and some of the top players seem not to try very hard.

Today I will be on Carla Suarez-Navarro 2.60 over Kvitova, or maybe on the games handicap. Kvitova hasn't been deep in the Rome tournament before, and Carla seems to match up well with her, based on previous encounters.

The Sharapova - Azarenka match is a riddle. Sharapova hasn't done anything the last 3-4 months to impress anyone, but historically she's clearly better than Azarenka on clay.

Now:
Carla Suarez-Navarro +4,5 @ 1.88 WON but does not count for record
Carla @ 3,66 WON but doesn't count for record

Last edited:
For good order's sake the above bets won't count in my record since they were posted 1 min after start of game.

Record 12 WIN - 16 LOSS =-104,5 units

Last edited:
Nice call either way on Carla. Big win for her.
Thanks Canes1. I needed that win for my wallet if not my record :-) Do you have any opinion on Federer - Wavrinka? I lean the latter, but I'm mostly a sucker for the underdog.

I'm staying off the Sharapova match, I don't like the odds on Sharapova, on the other hand she will probably be fired up for this match after losing their previous encounter.

Not an ATP guy. Sorry. Just focus on WTA. Felt the same about Maria. She's always kind of a toss up on clay and havent liked the way she has been playing this week. Felt Vika gave her some key points yesterday and Pova only got like 39% of first serves in.

I will be on Krunic@1,54 and on Barthel @1.38, WTA Strassbourg tournay, to start the day. LOSS -200

Last edited:
Sharapova - Suarez-Navarro

Today, 13:30, Rome WTA, final, clay

The bets:
Carla@4.39 50 units LOSS -50
Carla +5 games @1,88 PUSH

Last edited:
Record 12 WIN - 19 LOSS - 1 push =-354,5 units

Kyrgios - Kukushkin
WON +47
Today, 12:30 CET, Nice, 1. round, clay

The bet: Kyrgios @ 1.47

Kyrgios is not the most consistent player, he seems to play up or down to the level of competition sometimes, but nobody can doubt that he has a lot of power and talent, and he's ranked at number 30 now. His game has worked very well on clay this season.
Kukushin holds the number 57 ranking. He reached a final at Sydney on hard court in January, but after that he's had difficulties getting consecutive wins, and his favourite surface surely isn't clay.

Last edited:
Sock - Lajovic

Today, 12:30 CET, Nice, 1. round, clay

The bet: Lajovic @ 2.93 WON +193

Lajovic won their only H2H at French Open 3-0 in sets last year, in 3rd round, which should boost his morale. Surely Sock had a strong clay season, and he's ranked 39 places higher, but still the odds on Lajovic seem good to me.

Last edited:
Delbonis - Kuznetsov

Today, 12:00, Geneva, round of 16, clay

The bet: Kuznetsov @ 2.57 LOSS -100

I don't see any big talent gap or form gap between these two. Kuznetsov won their only H2H on clay 2-0 in 2012.

Last edited:
I am also on Kyrgios@1,81 to win over Thiem. The match is on Kyrgios racket. VOID Kyrgios withdrew before end of 1st set

Last edited:
Last bet of the day.

Rodina to win over Witthoefft in the Nürnberger tournament @ 2.58 LOSS -100

Witthoefft is on home soil and with good form, and higher ranked. But I think Rodina is as good a player on clay.

Last edited:
Safarova - Pavlyuchenkova

Today, 16:30, French Open, 1. round, clay

The bet: Pavlyuchenkova @ 3,02 LOSS -100

The two ladies never played each other on clay before, but Pavlyuchenkova leads 4-1 H2H on other surfaces, and looking back at earlier French Open results, they're pretty even. Should be an even match.

Last edited:
Will update record when I get to a PC.

Today I recommend Troicki to defeat Bolelli @ 2.44, I think the wrong man is favored. LOSS -100

Last edited:
Record 14 WIN - 24 LOSS - 1 PUSH =-614,5 units

I hit a brutal 5 LOSS streak, and had to take a step back.

Today I'm on Federer @1,48 over Wavrinka. Federer is 7-2 H2H on clay, and won both their French Open encounters 3-0 in sets.

Wow, another loser. Stanimal won 3-0 in sets to rub it in. If history and H2H matter that little, that points to Murray and Joker winning today. Ferrer is 4-0 against Murray on clay, and Nadal holds a 66-1 record at Roland Garros, but throw that out of the window.

Basel.

Cilic +120 Pinnacle Sports, 200 units.

Cilic will be up for this fight and should win his serve games easier than Nadal.

Last edited:
Back