Tennis - 2016 Wimbledon

BetCrimes1984

CTG Big Brother
Slow to get underway, a number of players I wanted to fade the 1R didn't draw opponents that suited my purposes. Anyway, on with the show....

2nd Round

Sakkari vs. Williams
Straight fade of Venus. If Donna Vekic can win 10 games off her, then imo up-&-coming Sakkari has no less shot of doing so as well. Had Vekic taken the 1st set tiebreak she forced against Venus, I'd have given her a 50% shot of winning. Venus is not a good mover anymore, and from what I've seen of the Greek she's potentially a future top 20 player (currently 20 years of age). She'll be a shot to win if she can grab the 1st, but being young equally has the potential to fade if she loses a tight opener.

Fun stat: Venus is 2-5 against non-American players since winning the Kaohsiung tournament, with both of her wins going Over. So the last time she won a match that went Under against a non-US player was 20 weeks ago.

Over 18.5 games (-143) small bet

Not quite there yet, need her to avoid a 2nd set bagel.

And there it is, breaks Venus to open the 2nd.

She lost a service game at 40-15 up in the 1st, and led 30-15 on the game she was broken in to lose the set; she also had multiple BP chances in 2 games that Venus held. Just a bit young yet, but she's a potential Slam winner down the track if she keeps developing what she has. Intelligent player, learns inside a match to make necessary adjustments (which she showed here after going down 4-1 in the 1st). Has some oomph to her shots &, as always a good sign for any WTA player, isn't afraid to come to the net (though she still prefers baseline play, she's not rooted there in cement like so many of these loser-pushers).

Would prefer she had won the 1st, chances are she runs out of mental gas in the 3rd given it is her first Wimbledon main draw appearance (& she had to win 3 qualifiers). That's not to say she can't win, just she's had to be on for both sets so far where winning the 1st would've allowed her a 'rest' mentally in the 2nd.

I give her a chance, mainly because her best showing at a Slam was here/I think grass serves her game. Konta I rate most highly on hardcourts, then grass; clay the least. Books must give her a shot, because I'd have thought Konta wouldn't pay as much as she is. But I'm not interested. Bouchard's on my no-go list while she doesn't know if she's a tennis player or a wannabe-model. But I'll respect the odds & pass on Konta.

bouchard game is all about her timing she needs be confident (which i believe she is) her success is predicated on her court positioning when she hugs the baseline and steps in on serve shes a much diff player.... i think finishing her match yesterday on centre helps and at +150 ill take a small stab since its been a good day..........

3rd Round

Doi vs. Friedsam
Fading Asian ladies in the 2nd Round and beyond at Wimbledon rarely sends anyone to the poorhouse. In Misaki Doi we have a woman who has never made the 4R in any of her previous 17 Slam appearances (her only previous 3R appearance also came at Wimbledon, in 2011, beating a fellow Asian in the 2R). Since 2014 she is 17-14 in main draw matches on her preferred surfaces (clay & indoors), everywhere she is 19-30. Coming into the tourney she sported a 7-10 record in main draw matches this year not played on clay. At 25 years of age & with 6 years experience on tour, there's no reason to suspect she hasn't established her performance ceiling.

Friedsam is only 22 and still developing, and from what I've seen has something to her game. She might not be a future Top 10, but she's a Top 20-30 prospect. Mentally solid, hits with power, no pusher here. Thus unlike Doi, clay is her worst surface: cue the fact she's 12-8 in main draw non-clay court matches this year. Friedsam lost in the 1R of the French (again, blame the clay), but made the 4R of the AO before losing in a 3rd set to Radwanska after winning the 1st set; in the round before she beat Vinci in 3 sets, where it could be said Vinci is a superior version of the type of game Doi plays. The German also took a set off Benicic at last year's Wimbledon (the pre-injured version of the Swiss), and at the French Open a few weeks before also took a set off Serena, so the signs are definitely there that she belongs in the deeper rounds of Slams.

Doi is 2-0 in their HtH meetings, but the result on clay (3-6 7-6 6-3) I care for not other than to observe that on Doi's best surface/Friedsam's worst, the German was a tiebreak lottery away from winning in straight sets. The other result came @San Antonio (hardcourt) this year and was fairly comprehensive in the end (6-4 6-2), but both players were off previous long matches so it's understandable to me that the 1st set loser in that situation faded quickly in the 2nd. What I like here, other than the natural advantages I see this surface having for Friedsam's game over Doi's, is the fact that Doi played out of her mind to beat Pliskova in the 2R
(7-6 6-3): 70% 1st serves in (winning 76% of those points), a whopping 53% of 2nd serve points won (not unnaturally her 2nd serve is usually no great weapon), and her winner-UE count was an impressive 25-14. To put that latter figure in perspective, she won her 1R match 6-2 6-1 yet her W-UE count for that match was a mere 13-11. So, Doi is off a peak performance on arguably her worst surface and has never made the 4R of a Slam before. I perceive her to be in a vulnerable spot, and she'll be facing someone who's game is tailor-made to be able to take advantage of the situation. Unfortunately this line has dropped quite a bit on me since it opened.
icon8.png

Friedsam ml (+110) medium bet

Hard to describe what a load of horseshit that Doi result was. Just as I expected, her serving was way down from her previous match (58% 1st serve) but crucially she pulled it off time after time for the 5 set points that Friedsam had. She served horribly for 5 of the 6 game points she had during that 10th game of the 1st set (incl. 2 DF), but when it came to Friedsam's BP/SP chances she was John friggin Isner, showing no nerves at all. The tiebreak was the usual lottery, couple of just missed lines by Friedsam combined with Doi actually stringing a sequence of 1st serves in for the only time during the match led to the one sided result that it was. Then Friedsam started the 2nd set strong, forcing deuce in every one of Doi's 3 service games before the weather delay. In the 3rd of those games at deuce, Friedsam pulled Doi to the net with a shorter ball and she clearly overhit her reply but even so just caught the back of the line. Then the weather interruption which of course meant that German had to be the one to serve 'cold' first up after the resumption, and naturally she started poorly & got broken. One of those bizarre matches where the winner almost always looked under the gun but yet magically pulled it out of their ass.

Stat that describes the match: Doi 2/4 BP chances, Friedsam 1/8.

Avalanche of favourites came through yesterday. Experience suggests more than one dog is going to bark in this next slate of matches. All the dogs have their flaws & not a few faves as well, really it's a shitty lineup in a tourney that's delivered among the worst draws of any Slam I've previously encountered. The one dog I'd like to bet on the most is Shvedova since Safarova isn't right and she's off a tough match against an average player who she'd otherwise normally would've killed, but despite Yaroslava's decent record at Wimbledon since 2012 (all her losses have been 3-setters apart from a walkover, and she's managed a number of good wins) I'm done with betting on her. The player who went 2-9 in her 11 matches prior this tourney is always lurking, ready to appear it seems at a moment's notice. France/Iceland has my focus this coming day.

Favourites are on 22-3 & 40-12 runs. It's not normal, but as I noted in my previous post it seems to be a function of the way the shitty draw has panned out in this tourney. But we are certainly due a fave regression.

Penus vs. Suarez Navarro
No question at this stage of the tourney I'd be looking to fade Venus, and the current the "dogs are due" angle would've played into this. But once again this shitty draw makes itself felt, and Venus gets one of the easiest opponents she could. S-N's game is built for clay, then hardcourts: least of all grass. And she's never made a QF at Wimbledon, having done so at all the other 3 Slams. Can't back Venus given her weaknesses (she hasn't made a QF at a non-hardcourt Slam in 6 years, hasn't looked impressive thus far), can't back the clown facing her. As for a total, Venus could murder her thus delivering the Under, or the Spaniard could show enough to help deliver Venus's 4th straight Over. Thanks, shitty draw.

Kerber vs. Doi
If Kerber was her usual self, then Doi's good form wouldn't get in the way of me believing the German would roll here. But since her breakthrough win at the AO, Kerber hasn't been herself & understandably so, dealing as she has been with the fallout of being the first German women since Graf to win a Slam. She's certainly done better here than she did at the French, but still her form is questionable. Last year here she beat Witthoeft 6-0 6-0, this time round it was 7-6 (13-11) 6-1. That as much as anything indicates she's not at back to her best. Kerber is 4-0 HtH vs. Doi, but Doi held a match point against her in the 1R of the AO earlier this year. So there are pointers here that say Doi can do her part to contribute to the "dogs are due" angle, but her Slam history is pathetic (this is her first 4R made in her 18th Slam appearance) and on the run of play against Friedsam she's fortunate to still be in this tourney full stop. Essentially what we have here is a player out of her depth this deep into the Slam, but can't be faded due to the flaws her opponent presents. Thanks again, shitty draw.

Fraudwanska vs. Cibukolva
Anybody who knows me knows my attitude towards the Pole's BS pop-gun act. The good news on paper here is she's facing a player who hits for power/goes for winners, so the match is going to be on the dog's racquet (Cibu has won 4 of their last 6 meetings). The bad news is I'm not convinced about Cibu's form. Firstly she won at Eastbourne, and Eastbourne winners have no history of making the QF in their subsequent Wimbledon appearance unless they're a Slam winner (which obv. Cibu is not). Historical inertia aside, Cibu hit 6 less winners & 2 more UE in her 1st set vs. Bouchard yet still won the set, an unusual statistical feat. Bouchard clearly got frustrated with that result and played that way in the 2nd set as a result. She didn't look great against Lucic-Baroni in the 1R which was another match decided by the 1st set result: when Cibu broke for the 7-5 win, a building alarm went off during L-B's service game. She was clearly distracted by it and ultimately it did her in. Radwanska's ploughed through a couple of youngsters, and needed the youngest to step on a ball to screw her ankle thus led to her losing. Cibu is a live dog, but Fraudwanska has a good history at this tourney & Cibu does not. All things considered I can't fade the brickwaller, and I can't back a chick I otherwise like (not at least pre-match: I will have live for this one). Thanks once again, shitty draw.

Shvedova vs. Safarova
I mentioned this one in my previous post. If this was a R1 or R2 match-up with everything else being as it is, I'd be on the Kazak (of her 3 wins over Safarova, the only one to come in a Slam - the AO - took place in the 1R). But being this deep in a Slam, the crucial experience factor that Safarova holds when it comes to playing on this kind of stage comes to bear. The shitty draw strikes again.

Halep vs. Keys
Halep's odds have dropped sharply since their open. She's certainly a live dog here, but this is her 'worst' surface vs. it certainly suits Keys even if the American might prefer hardcourts first & foremost. The pertinent question with the Romanian, aside from her best odds now no longer being available, is the same one that's existed for 18 months: is she back to her best? Can she be trusted? She's no longer paying enough for me to take the risk on believing positive answers exist to those questions, while I'm still not interested in Keys at these odds against the kind of quality Halep has the potential to bring to bear, given I still don't rate her ground game or her in-game intelligence (imo she still needs a further 12-18 months of growth before she potentially shows her dominant best). Hopefully there'll be some live betting on this one (it's the first match up on Court One, so there should be). But this could be anything: either player rolls in straights or they fight out a tough 3-setter. Draw did it's job here by delivering a tough nut to crack.

Makarova vs. Vesnina
Vesnina is playing in her 42nd Slam, and this is only the 3rd time she's made the 4R. Makarova has made the QF once in 8 Wimby appearances, otherwise never past the 3R before now. Vesnina is having the far better year (21-9) than Makarova (19-13) but the surface should suit the latter's heavier hitting game more. Vesnina has needed a 7th game to win every 1st set she's played against lesser opposition than she faces here, it should be the case of the taller Russian eventually coming out on top. The problem here though - yes, shitty draw time again - is that these two are doubles partners who are defending their title here that they won last year (they won their 1R match). So, how much does either wish to bury the other since they're obv. now good friends? Have they done a deal not to test the other after the 1st set, in order to save their energies for the event which clearly must matter most to both of them since surely neither can really believe they're a chance to win this whole thing? I have no idea. Thanks, shitty draw.

The Beast vs. Kuznetsova
The Russian has already beaten Serena once this year. Me thinks that once is enough. Kuzzy last made a QF at Wimbledon 9 years ago, and she needed a Sloane Stephens meltdown to even make it this far? Haha. The more I look at who remains left standing at this point, the more I think Serena has a cakewalk to tie Graf's record. Keys & Halep would seem to be the two that stand out who would test her the most, but she can't meet both of them where if she could then at least she'd be vulnerable to the one she played second due to the toll the one she played first took out of her. Keys still isn't mature enough nor has a consistent enough ground game to bother an on-form Serena, and I doubt her mentality at this point could stand serving for the match against the Beast on such a high pressure stage since I still detect mental midgetry in the younger American. Halep at her own best would pose the biggest threat, since as well as having the necssary experience not to be overwhelmed in a Final setting, she'd be able to demand a lot of moving from that old fat ass of the Beast's and that's not something Serena's really interested in at this point (cue her AO & FO losses, and why she likes the grass so much = a lot of cheap points that require little moving). Serena has Vandeweghe on her horizon after she deals with the Russian: if Keys has an inconsistent ground game, Coco is even worse. Looks like the shitty draw is gold for the historic desires of one player. Hard to ignore Serena's plus money to win it all at this point.

Pavlyuchenkova vs Vandeweghe
These two are very much a mirror image of each other (tall, well built), thus it's no surprise that the scoreline from their one meeting should read 7-6 7-5 (won by the American). The Russian's demolition of Bacsinszky didn't shock me given it took place on this surface, so one has to respect that here where I don't see the American really having played anyone she shouldn't haven't beaten on this surface. Really think the odds here are further apart than they should be, but Coco's run to the QF here last year (where she lost a tight 3rd set to Shitpova) plus her good run-in form on grass in her build up (8-1, winning at Hertogenbosch) vs. Pavly's 0-2 grass run-in and the fact she'd never made it past the 3R in her previous 9 Wimbledon appearances must factor strongly into matters. Still that stuff has got to do with the past & not the present, and I can see this being a decent fight. Hard not to like the fave, but the dog has the ability to bite at a time when the dogs are due to bite. I'd like to back Pavly to win a set/for the match to go 3 sets but I don't have the ability to, thus the only option I have to bet which reflects expectations of the Russian showing up is the Over, but Pavly winning in straights (= a potential Under affair) is something I can envisage happening. My book's lack of options & not the shitty draw is responsible for me passing here.

we were due some dogs: Pavlyuchenkova, Cibulkova & Shvedova have delivered, and Halep is well in with a chance of supplying #4 out of 5 matches.

The warning was there.

Quarter-finals

Halep vs. Kerber
Romanian is 3-1 in HtH meetings. Her only loss came in a Fed Cup tie after she'd played a 33 game 3-setter against Petkovic. I don't read too much into non-tournament meetings between players, and the fact she was off a hard fought match provides further context for her sole loss. Halep & Kerber are from the same philosophical stable with regards their approach to winning: both are aggressive grinders. Happy to hug the baseline and work the ball around to earn points through errors, but unlike Fraudwanska are also willing to risk errors themselves in going for winners when the opportunity arises. Both are intelligent players, and in being a mirror of each other it's somewhat fitting they're ranked 5 & 4 respectively. But while Kerber is ranked higher and won her only Slam final (to date) while Halep lost her only final (to PED-using Shitpova, in 3 sets), Halep is the more polished player at her best, a fact reflected in their HtH record (they've never met on grass). Both have had the previous experience of playing a SF @Wimbledon, so the stage they're playing on shouldn't affect either's play.

Reflecting on Kerber's tournament results to date, I'm struck by the fact she's met "no-one". Robson (283, failed-UK prospect), then Lepchenko (64, journeywoman grinder, a poor man's version of Kerber), then Witthoeft (109, 21 yrs old, up-&-comer but no prodigy) & lastly Doi (49, who sported a 3-5 record at Wimbledon before this year's event, and pulled gold out of her asshole in overcoming Friedsam to even make the 4R). No surprise then that only one of these unheralded opponents tested her (Witthoeft, who after losing the 1st set 7-6, 13-11, promptly did what youngsters do after a tough 1st set loss: collapsed mentally). That's not what I'd call good preparation for facing someone of Halep's caliber. There's also the issue I raised before her match with Doi: since her AO win she's not regained the heights of that form (form which consistently dates back to 2015 when she won 4 titles: that AO win over Serena was underpinned by an excellent work the year before everywhere other than in SLams, surprisingly enough). She bowed out of the FO in the 1R, and clearly she's been helped by a favourable draw to have made it this far. Thus this match is a litmus test for her: is she really back to that AO-winning self or has her good draw hidden the fact she's still struggling to regain the heights her game reached that day?

Reflecting on Halep's results to date, in the 1R she faced a woman enduring a horror run (Anna Schmiedlova, who was 1-14 this year before their meeting but otherwise still good enough to be ranked higher, 40, than any opponent Kerber has met, and also good enough to win her 1st set vs. Muguruza at the recent French Open) and then former FO champion Schiavone (111, who presumably is only hanging around because she's still capable of raking in that easy money that comes from losing 1R or 2R Slam matches), both of whom she put away with the ease you'd expect her to. Then she got the French Open surprise Kiki Bertens (28), whose game she broke down and in the end made look average at best. And of course last night she beat Keys (9) in 3 sets (losing the 1st set in the lottery that is a tiebreak). Quite clearly she has had a tougher draw than Kerber, and been tested in ways the German has not. That's an important advantage I see her having here, especially on top of the natural advantage I see her having re the way their styles match up. I posted my thought that Halep's match against Keys was a test of where the Romanian was at, after 18 months basically in the wilderness: it was a test she obviously came through.

I favour Halep to win this match, but equally I fully believe the winner of the 1st set will come out on top. The one advantage Kerber has, is she got a freebie last time out whereas Halep had a tough 3-setter, which she now plays this match quickly on the heels of. This sets my mind back to last year's US Open, when after Halep won her QF against Azarenka in 3 sets, it looked like the "real" Halep was back, only for her to get clobbered in her subsequent SF by Pennetta. Obviously the same dynamic is in play here: over the last 18 months it hasn't been the case where Halep hasn't shown her best (she made that SF at the USO for starters), it's her consistency that's been lacking. So this is her litmus test: can she back up a tough win? If she's to prevail, I believe she'll need to win the 1st set. Obviously the bonus of this bet is she can win the 1st & cash it, but still go on to lose SU. Kerber's lack of being tested does at least mean she has more fuel in her tank. On balance I'd expect the Romanian in straight sets, with the possibility she takes Kerber to the woodshed in one of them since I'm still not sold on the German's form. I might add that if we are going to have a final that offers the prospect of not being completely boring one-way traffic, then we need Halep to win. If Serena ends up facing Kerber, revenge is going to be a dish best served quickly and ruthlessly.

Halep to win the 1st set (+100)
medium bet

Serena vs. Pavlyuchenkova
The only bet I was ever going to concern myself with for this match was the total. I note the price for the Under is dropping, no doubt built on the back of Serena having won the final set of her last 2 matches by 6-0 scorelines. But as I pointed out during the French Open, Serena these days saves her real thrashings for the softer hitting players, while having a harder time repeating the dose to capable power players. Thus at this Slam she's hammered the softest hitting player shes faced (Beck), while the hardest hitter she's faced so far served @40-15 for a 3-0 3rd set lead before delivering a mental midget effort of the highest order amongst the ranks of the greatest the WTA has witnessed by losing the next 11 straight points (take a deep bow
, Christina McHale). Kuznetsova's power in her older age sits somewhere between the 2 players mentioned and she managed to serve for the 1st set, the failure of which to do so led to her losing the last 9 games of the match (the roof closing for no good reason played a key role in her meltdown), while Serena's 1R opponent (Sadikovic) presented the American with a capable physically (6'1, 76kg) thus did enough to cash their Over (18 games played, on a line that dropped a game from its 17.5 open). Pavly will present Serena with hitting power, so immediately the Over warrants consideration for me. While Serena is 5-0 HtH against Pavly with none of their last 3 contests totaling more than 16 games, 2 of those 3 meetings were on clay (not the Russian's surface of choice) and the 3rd was a F which involved Serena having had a walkover in her SF while the Russian in turn had to play out a tough 3-setter, so the Russian was on the back foot for that F before it even began. Their sole meeting on a non-clay court where the lead-in factors didn't overly advantage Serena delivered a 7-5 6-1 scoreline: typically the situation where Serena's opponent let an opportunity miss in the 1st set & whose mentality fell away in the 2nd set as a consequence. But for me that 1st set showcases what Pavlyuchenkova can provide here from a competitiveness pov. I think this taking place of grass further underlines that notion given none of their previous meetings have taken place on this surface, a factor I don't see those driving the present under price down are paying due heed to. Pavly's win over Coco was impressive, I don't see how that form automatically translates just a day later to her laying down before Serena like some frightened bitch like Beck did. This is the Russian's first Slam QF appearance in 5 years, and having seen her interviewed before I get the feeling she's the type of person who'll come out here to enjoy the occasion and play loose with nothing to lose, so she should keep fighting even if she gets her shit pushed in in the 1st set, where crucially this line really only needs her to show for 1 set to cash.

Over 18.5 games (-134) small bet

Cibulkova vs. Vesnina
Not going to waste a lot of hot air on this one, this is a situational bet. Both of these players won their 4R matches by winning a 3rd set 9-7. Vesnina's match took 2:49 while Cibu's lasted 3:02. The 13 min difference basically comes down to the fact that where Vesnina won the last 2 games played in her match without dropping a point, Cibu dropped 6 points in winning her last 2 games. Both players are playing in their first ever QF at Wimbledon, so while the normal situation would be for both players to be energised by the occasion, reality & human physiology says that both players should suffer from the reality of their bodies failing to go where their minds want them to. Vesnina's match was not only exhausting due to its duration, but for the fact she had to fight back from losing the 1st set after going up 4-1 early. Cibulkova didn't lose her 1st set, but butchered her 2nd set (failing with her first match point chance along the way) then butchered a further match point in the 3rd set before having to save one herself (fortunately for her it was on her own serve). What should happen here (& typically does), is whoever loses the 1st set quickly loses heart. To have to play just a day after such an effort, then go a set down and face the prospect of climbing the mountain that would be winning 2 straight sets against someone who has just proven they have your measure by winning the 1st set, results in the energy getting sucked completely out of the 1st set loser's game and thus sets the stage for the 2nd set to go by very quickly. Given Cibulkova is the power player out of the two, she's the obvious threat to the Under cashing should she be the one to lose the 1st set.

Under 21.5 games (-125) small bet

Penus vs. Shvedova
No bet here for me. I feel like if I forgo my rule for passing on betting Yaroslava, I'll incite Murphy's law and be getting on her train at the precise moment it derails. On paper the Kazak should win this match from what I can see, but Penus is clearly making her swansong run at her favourite Slam. That's what the Kazak has to face in playing in her first ever Wimbledon QF, and her first ever non-clay Slam QF. Thus we have the combination of inexperience vs. a proven champ who knows this is her last hurrah. Over is again is an attractive proposition (Penus has paid out on 4 straight), but really Shvedova should clean Penus up in 2, that's how good she's looked in getting to this point, while the American has struggled in every match (every 1st set she's won has required her to win a 7th game). I'd guess the 1st set winner triumphs, but the Kazak has a soft center so it would not shock me to see her win 1 of the first 2 sets comfortably yet wind up losing. That would be the Yaroslava I know & don't love, and which keeps me from betting on her.

Like the angles on both your totals. The prop for the Cibulkova match to end in 2 sets is -170. Too juicy for me

like Kerber to hang tough again vs serena here. she has not lost a single set vs serena and beat her@australian open this year. gonna take the handiccap +5 /5.5 hadicap on kerber. Tons of pressure on serena with graff record on her mind

any insight for today's semis BC? i could see both raonic and berdych taking at least 1set vs fed and murray.

Last time Murray won Wimbledon he went to 5 sets in his QF & 4 sets in his SF. History repeating so far (in that SF he lost the 1st set in a tiebreak...).

If Federer's back was really as bad as it was said to be before this thing began, then Raonic should be able to take adv. of the Fed being off that brutal 5 setter.

@BC: murray won wimbledon because djoko was tired mentally and physically. looking at he highlights on youtube ,he was more passive and made more unforced errors than usual. Djoko played the same king of amtch vs queerey. He lost to wawrinka beacause of a 5 setter vs murray in RG 2015. He lost to nadal in 2013 us open final cause of a 5 set vs wawrinka in semis. He lost in 2012 vs murray in Us open because of a 5 set match vs fed in semi. so djoko is very human in some way. only time he won off a 5 set in semi was AO 2012 vs rafa in final.

yes fed is not as good as last year and 2014 in wimbledon ,not even as good in last year us open edition. but he can win wimbledon without played great. he did it in 2012 where he won in 5 sets vs benneteau and won the final vs murray but murray could have won in 4 tights sets instead of losing in 4. He was the first to had break points in the 3rd set. The last time fed played great tennis in grand slam , 7 matches in a row was @australian open 2010

nothing relatedd but ,i've seen bartoli pictures with its skinny body ,it's scary. the virus she said she caught might be in reality "anorexia". His father was rude and autoritarian with her. that's why she probably stopped her career after winning wimbledon in 2013, she felt her body needed to say "stop" to all the sacrifices to handle

The Final (or, how Serena finally stopped choking and matched Graf)

The Beast vs. the Blonde Aryan
Obviously & inevitably there are going to be comparisons drawn between this match & the AO final, and from there the perception entered into that if Kerber can win under the Australian sun, why can't she at least go close to winning under the English one? There are two realities which undermine the German's chances here: the fact that grass of Wimbledon offers a faster surface & lower bounce than the hardcourts of Melbourne. Kerber is a pusher, an aggressive one, yes, but still a pusher. Unlike with the AO final where her retrieving won her the match by repeatedly making Serena play that extra shot which led to an UE count which killed the Beast in the end, the extra pace & low/er (inconsistent) bounce this surface offers will not serve Kerber's desire to retrieve all day & thus work Serena to death this time round. She's going to have to go out of her comfort zone and set her sights on going for winners earlier in rallies than was her intention for doing so at Melbourne, because if she doesn't then she'll find Serena doing so first. For those desiring to back her various options at tasty odds, this is not what's wanted to be heard. It's hard enough to beat Serena when you execute plan-A perfectly, but to have to beat her by resorting to a plan-B on a surface that suits Serena's plan-A perfectly? Tom Cruise makes movies about this subject. And that's a consideration that doesn't take into account the fact I'm not sold on the German truly being in Slam-final making form. To me she's made it this far almost as a default. The only opponent she's beaten to this point that I rate (Halep) was off a tough 3-setter the day before where Kerber was off a cakewalk, and that advantage was clearly seen to make itself felt after their tight 1st set. But despite her losing, Halep did do something which for me clearly shows Kerber is nowhere near her AO-winning run form and why I don't rate her chances for this final: Halep broke her 4 times in the 1st set, 6 times overall. Grass is not a surface that best suits Halep's game, yet she feasted on Kerber's service games. In 5 of those breaks combined, Kerber won 4 out of 24 points played: these weren't service games that repeatedly went to deuce and were close. As if it needs to be said, anything Halep can do on this surface, Serena can do better. OK, to this point I've covered Kerber's serve and her ground game realities. The third & final aspect that will decide this match is her returning of the Serena serve. In the AO final, Kerber went 5/9 in BP chances. Now better than 50% is hardly unimpressive, but that stat nevertheless hides how insanely clinical Kerber actually was: in 1 game she missed 4 times before nailing the break on her 5th chance, which means she went 4/4 in BP chances in the other 4 Serena service games she broke. Her retrieving was excellent in that final, but on her BP chances she was literally off the charts. Her chances of repeating that effort here, on this surface, are nil. Zero. Zilch. Don't even think about it.

My pov couldn't be much plainer to this point. The keys to Kerber's win at Melbourne are basically unrepeatable here, and that as a statement would remain the case even if I believed her form was back to the standard it was during her run at that Slam. Recognising the fact that her form is still not back to where it was earlier in the year means I can't honestly see her having any shot of stopping Serena from tying Graf's record. I think she'll get blitzed in one set (6-1/6-2 loss) & show up in the other simply because she's a fighter/she won't quit. The extent to which she shows up will decide the spread/total/sets bets. If she forces a tiebreak, then she might even repeat Fraudwanska's fluke in the '12 final and win a set while getting murdered in the other 2 (that that happened on that occasion is down to the fact that Serena losing her head over a bad line call late in the 2nd set). Finally a historical consideration: in the 48 years of Wimbledon in the Open era, there has only been 2 instances of the QF/SF/F stages failing to deliver at least one 3-set result. So far this year there has not been such a result. 1993 was the last time the only 3-set result over this latter part of the tournament occurred in the final itself.

Serena to win the 1st set & win SU (-200) medium bet

Back