Teams That Have Thrown In the Towel

Frank Costanza

Co-Inventor of the Man's Bra
November, so it's time (maybe past time) to begin reviewing.

Exhibit A is USF. That was pathetic last night. They've got 3 games left against decent / quality teams. Won't be pretty.

They liked Willie and are sad he's gone so gonna play hard now? Or glad he's gone? Team stinks one way or the other IMO.

They liked Willie and are sad he's gone so gonna play hard now? Or glad he's gone? Team stinks one way or the other IMO.
I dig it, but I’m not close enough to know if the team is full of turds like Akers and Wilson( I kid I kid)....how will they respond. Blackmon blows

Always one of the most difficult things to assess. I think it is very hard to tell the difference late in the year when a team is accused of quitting vs that team and coaching staff just not being very good to begin with.

Probably something that can be applied to bowl games...for teams who maybe have questionable motivations for caring how they perform. Hard for me to see and successfully apply in terms of remaining games on schedule.

Is there examples of it historically? There always seems to be a "bounceback" game, an unexpected game that the accused team covers after people thought they quit.

Louisville last year is probably as good of an example to support the fade of a team that quit.

But then you can look at Western Kentucky who had a really awful patch and was pretty bad all year, then they covered and win outright their last two games.

Ball State had a stretch last year where they were outscored 47-138 in three games vs EM, OU and Tol...then their next game they upset Western Michigan in their second to last game.

USF has been best (relative term) this year when they can run the ball. That was their downfall last night. Temple has had a good run D in all but 1 games this year. USF can't win games throwing and the USF D only allowed 10 pts (Temple's other TD was a pick-six). I get it, the end of that game was brutal....I just think they aren't that good of a team vs actually quitting. Their next 3 opponents aren't going to make it any easier on them whether they quit or not (Cincy, Memphis, UCF).

Did look to me that Nebraska's effort on defense was sorely lacking in the 4th qrt of Purdue.

Michigan State?
Well, obviously their target game is next week but I did hear that they are prepping more for Michigan than Illinois. The part that sucks is their last two games are Maryland and Rutgers. It's gonna be tough to capitalize of they have quit.

Well, obviously their target game is next week but I did hear that they are prepping more for Michigan than Illinois. The part that sucks is their last two games are Maryland and Rutgers. It's gonna be tough to capitalize of they have quit.

Or maybe they stink it up tomorrow and then get a cheap price vs rutgers...which I would be happy to play.

Colorado? (Sorry, Takeit) Lost 7 in a row to end last year. Now they've lost 5 in a row this year. I thought they put all their eggs in that game vs USC two weeks when they should've won. Easy fade vs UCLA last week.

Back