Teams That Are Bowling - Who's A Go / Who's A No

Frank Costanza

Co-Inventor of the Man's Bra
Always complicated by guys that sit their bowl games out but still a good thread to build upon as we get into December and January. What teams want to be there and what teams do not?

Go:
Ferentz - 11-5 ATS bowls
Whittingham - 10-5 ATS bowls
Tulane - Regardless of what they do in the championship game on Saturday this has been a landmark season for them going from 2-10 to 10-2. Teams like this are typically really focused on finishing in a strong fashion.

No:
Leach - 3-8 ATS bowls. The 2013 New Mexico Bowl should really count as two ATS losses.

I gave up trying to figure motivation. Seems like teams without head coaches have played better in recent years. They always were auto fades for me.

I thought Kansas would be a good bet in a bowl. I don't know who will play or not. Nobody really does.

But I seriously doubt I play any games when the lines 1st drop like I normally do.

I gave up trying to figure motivation. Seems like teams without head coaches have played better in recent years. They always were auto fades for me.

I thought Kansas would be a good bet in a bowl. I don't know who will play or not. Nobody really does.

But I seriously doubt I play any games when the lines 1st drop like I normally do.

Pretty sure you mentioned a team a couple weeks back to watch for in the bowl season and that's what got me thinking about this thread.

I could be mis-remembering. Happens too often for me.

Not sure on numbers, can look them up in the next couple days...Beavers always seem like they have a chip on their shoulder come bowl season and off a high

Fritz met with the team today. It was very much “I’m the Tulane coach today kinda thing.”

Pretty sure you mentioned a team a couple weeks back to watch for in the bowl season and that's what got me thinking about this thread.

I could be mis-remembering. Happens too often for me.
It was Kansas. But they've lost their last 3 since becoming bowl eligible.

It was Kansas. But they've lost their last 3 since becoming bowl eligible.
If KU can’t get up for whatever game they get that’s incredibly frustrating since it’s still KU Football. All year the players talk about being the foundation for what’s to come well this is a great opportunity to solidify that foundation after a wildly successful season.

Remember their RSW total was 2.5, it’s time to cap it off on the proper note.

Always complicated by guys that sit their bowl games out but still a good thread to build upon as we get into December and January. What teams want to be there and what teams do not?

Go:
Ferentz - 11-5 ATS bowls
Tulane - Regardless of what they do in the championship game on Saturday this has been a landmark season for them going from 2-10 to 10-2. Teams like this are typically really focused on finishing in a strong fashion.

No:
Leach - 3-8 ATS bowls. The 2013 New Mexico Bowl should really count as two ATS losses.
The one game I watched Tulane they ripped through SMU. They’ve caught my interest moving forward in December. GL

Im repeating myself but I think Bowl season is the ABSOLUTE BEST time of year to use Live ingame to check for motivation. Sometimes its loud and clear and other times its not. We should almost have a separate Live Ingame Alert thread regarding any team who comes out lethargic vs a motivated team. Truly hard to pinpoint motivated and unmotivated teams prior.

Are there enough 6-6 teams to fill all the bowls? How many 5-7 teams might get picked? When I was reading about Rice last week they thought it was likely they would get picked for a bowl due to APR

Are there enough 6-6 teams to fill all the bowls? How many 5-7 teams might get picked? When I was reading about Rice last week they thought it was likely they would get picked for a bowl due to APR
Found this...

Screenshot_20221129-013737.pngScreenshot_20221129-013814.png

Go:
Ferentz - 11-5 ATS bowls

No:
Lol 2013 New Mexico Bowl. OOF. He even got a second chance to not be stupid when they almost fumbled (ground).

Has anyone every documented or seen yearly or cumulative records of interim coaches in the bowl games?

ARP Rice over Vanderbilt?

Just going by that article I read.

I get what you are saying...

From a Vanderbilt story, the APR list:

highest APR to lowest APR.
  1. Rice
  2. Auburn
  3. Michigan State
  4. Missouri
  5. Miami
  6. Georgia Tech
  7. Miami University
  8. Vanderbilt
  9. Ball State
  10. Buffalo
  11. Appalachian State
  12. Lousiana
  13. Georgia Southern
  14. Florida Atlantic
  15. UAB
  16. Southern Miss
  17. UTEP
Short for Academic Progress Rate, the APR measures student-athletes’ academic success. Every scholarship athlete on a team receives one point for staying in school and another for being academically eligible. Every player’s points are added together and divided by the maximum possible points, then multiplied by one thousand.

Has anyone every documented or seen yearly or cumulative records of interim coaches in the bowl games?
2005-21

Lately it's a trend to play on - 1st question to ask is how many coaches are staying? If most all are spending all their bowl prep time looking for a job - you probably don't wanna put your hard earned cash on that team .....
SU. ATS
Favorites22-11 (66.7%)17-15-1 (53.1%)
Underdogs8-20 (28.6%)12-16 (42.9%)

Last edited:
Or is that second one the Celebration bowl with
Jackson St.

Also if we get Troy/Utsa on Dec 16 in the Cure Bowl.

Jackson St laid a total egg in the Celebration Bowl last year. No way you can bet them this year? Or do they go out with a blaze of glory?

Jackson St laid a total egg in the Celebration Bowl last year. No way you can bet them this year? Or do they go out with a blaze of glory?

I don't follow, but I would suspect their blaze of glory was yesterday (26-0 1st Q)

App State didn't apply for a waiver on their two FCS wins? Surprised they were not on the bowl list

If Haener plays, I'll be on Fresno. Playing a Pac 12 team always matters to the anytime, any place Bulldogs.

The MWC Champs reward is playing the 7th place team from the Pac-12.

I'll be the 1st to admit this was one of the worst MWC seasons ever. The bottom feeders were some of the worst in D1.

I'll take the Dogs getting 4 if Haener plays.

If Haener plays, I'll be on Fresno. Playing a Pac 12 team always matters to the anytime, any place Bulldogs.

I'll be the 1st to admit this was one of the worst MWC seasons ever. The bottom feeders were some of the worst in D1.

Their D got significantly better the last month.

JH quit on his team?

“It’s the opponent and the opportunity and it’s soon, it’s on the 17th, and it gives me the best opportunity to play a good opponent one more time and end on a high note, so we’re going to do it,” Haener said.

NOTE: Wazzu DC is gone - unlikely to coach bowl

Read more at: https://www.fresnobee.com/sports/co...-football/article269575992.html#storylink=cpy

the transfers are going to be head spinning. I am trying to keep up with them in the Bowl Game Opt Outs thread, but it is a challenge

Just finished listening to the Bryce Young and Will Anderson pressers from yesterday and I was blown away. Wanting to play with their brothers one last time and not being able to watch an Alabama game with the chance to play in it, and not playing in it. Two of the elite athletes in the game, risking quite a bit in order to be on the field with their team.

I'm guessing this has been addressed in multiple spots on this board already but beating the obvious into the ground - pretty sure that entire team gives an outstanding effort against K-State given all this.

Played the game pretty heavy at 5.5 and feel really good about it.

Just finished listening to the Bryce Young and Will Anderson pressers from yesterday and I was blown away. Wanting to play with their brothers one last time and not being able to watch an Alabama game with the chance to play in it, and not playing in it. Two of the elite athletes in the game, risking quite a bit in order to be on the field with their team.

I'm guessing this has been addressed in multiple spots on this board already but beating the obvious into the ground - pretty sure that entire team gives an outstanding effort against K-State given all this.

Played the game pretty heavy at 5.5 and feel really good about it.
Full agreement

Back