TCU @ Utah

Ya. No Clayton which is HUGE, HUGE IMO. Team had a great start and made some good progress this year, but minus their QB against a defense that has averaged giving up 13 points in the last 4 or 5 games is tough. They were so good all year because Clayton didn't turn the ball over and now they have Clausen at the helm who can't be trusted as a rFr like Clayton. If NM wins out, last game vs CSU, they're bowl eligible which is big.

So Utah's unbeaten, higher ranked and home and they are the UNDERDOG?

I smell a rat!

What I actually sense is RESPECT!

TCU's finally getting some. These Frogs are 96-36 the last 11 years. That's very close to getting them into the Top 10 in all Division I programs during that period.

Their top ranked nationally defense has been gashed only once this year. Oklahoma put up 35. But their nine victims have managed UNDER 10ppg. Utah's poetent offense managed just 13 points in narrowly defeating New Mexico last week to move to 9-0.

TCU has revenge as a motive for a 27-20 loss they suffered at home to the Utes last season when they out-gained the Utes by 130 yards but turned it over four times. Since that game TCU's 12-2 SU. Their only other loss besides OU this year was a 5-point defeat at BYU late last season which they aveanged with a 25-point mauling earlier this season.

Utah's a fine team. But I simply believe that at this point TCU is better. Also--the last three years all three of their meetings have gone under the posted total.

dallas, i understand your logic and why you would like tcu, but why does the line smell like a rat to you? you just explained some of the most basic reasons that would justify a line like this. i did expect it to come out significantly higher, but they have adjusted it imo because many people have seen the frogs play very impressively, and utah has played a few games that weren't impressive....and they seem to be right because it definitely seems there is lopsided action on tcu. i've talked to hundreds of people about this game, most of which like tcu, and the first thing that they mention is the defense (which is undoubtedly the most impressive and not the wrong place to start at all when talking about this game), and usually the second thing they mention is something that has to do with new mexico (which imo is very flawed logic). i like utah based on my rating of them before the season, potential and spot, and the intangibles i've seen out of them this year and last year with my own eyes. if you had not watched these teams and compared stats, and that was your primary reason for the wager, of course you'd be on tcu. therefore, i think if there is a side that looks "too easy", it's tcu...not utah. overall perception on these teams of course immediately gives the oklahoma game a pass, and somewhat rightfully so. so you have the hotter, more dominate team that was on tv in a weekday game 3 weeks ago kicking a "top 10" team's ass only as short favorites on the road to what i would consider one of the best mid-major home teams that have looked unimpressive their most recent couple of outings...guess i see "the rat" factor a little differently than you...

That 42.5 number looks way too high for me. Gun to head, I take Utah at home, though its purely based on homefield. If this game were at TCU, I'd be on the frogs rather large at 4 or less.

Thoughts on the total?

I've gone to the Versus web site and see no mention of this game tonite.
Are you guys sure that you are going to see it ? and , if so, where ??
Thanks
bull

I've gone to the Versus web site and see no mention of this game tonite.
Are you guys sure that you are going to see it ? and , if so, where ??
Thanks
bull

bull - I have cox cable, like you, and RJ just informed me that it's only available on Direct TV. So, I guess I'm forced to watch the Broncos/Browns game instead.

Cable blows...

:whip:

Wyoming typically is the other teams offense. I fully realized this when they were playing Utah and their punt return guy took one off the helmet and a Ute covered it up in the endzone to screw my under. I won't bet another Wyoming game until they play CSU in a big rivalry game, (glenn's last game) and I'll be on the Cowboys ML. Did the exact same thing last year with Sonny Lubick in the opposite scenario.

I will say that I know nothing about Tennessee other than they have a coach that eats more calories a day than he burns.

I know that you do not think you know Tenn., but I trust your instict on MWC more than nearly anyone. What is the cowboy d-fense like. I trust Tenn. d-fense, as it has been the only bright spot on their team. Alot of the scoring in the Tenn. games has been due to field position via int. or punting from their own side of the field. They have some play makers on the team, and if The Wyo. defense is horrible, then this may warrant laying some chalk.

Booksbestfriend: Honestly, 2 hits of acid and a bag of crack couldn't make me lay 26 points with Tennessee

I know that you do not think you know Tenn., but I trust your instict on MWC more than nearly anyone. What is the cowboy d-fense like. I trust Tenn. d-fense, as it has been the only bright spot on their team. Alot of the scoring in the Tenn. games has been due to field position via int. or punting from their own side of the field. They have some play makers on the team, and if The Wyo. defense is horrible, then this may warrant laying some chalk.

I have respect for the Wyoming defense. They are a good unit. The can stop the run and have strong safties, but their corners are a bit green and can be exploited. Without looking I'd say that 70% of the scoring done on Wyoming this year is the direct result of a TO or Special teams gaffe. Unfortunately they give up the ball, much like Tennessee it sounds, on their own side of the 50. Their ST's are suspect at best and their QB's have a terrible time with throwing the ball to right color of jersey. If I had to choose I'd probably play WYO as they finally got the Mouse off their back against SDSU and what do they have to lose against the Vols?

I will trust your opinion on this. Tenn's strength is running the football. Tenn. also has a shutdown safety (Berry) that will knock your head off. His name will be out soon, as I think he is only a soph. I will watch the bottom line as I cannot afford to lose a stupid wager on a hunch. Thanks for the insight.

Utah getting points here at home is pretty crazy I'd have to say, although TCU has been impressive. That travel schedule is pretty brutal and should catch up with TCU.

I lean towards Utah here pretty much based on the home crowd and what a big game this is gonna be for the fans there. It's gonna be rockin for sure. I think the best play though has to be the under, I'm honestly shocked that the total here is higher than the Maryland vs Va Tech game opposing it on the card, with these two D's give me a break.

I'm on under 43, I'm thinking 20-17 for one of em, probably Utah.

:cheers:

Good Luck fellas . Guess I still lean UTAH although I barely looked at CFB this week . Hope everyone does well(somehow).

Nutt, :shake:

IMO I believe TCU has improved drastically compared to last year while Utah is much more on par with last year's club. And linesmakers see this that's why TCU is favored on the road you are correct. I also would like to note though that Utah was +3 in Turnovers last year and BYU beat TCU LY, perhaps BYU isn't as good but I think they are closer to what they were last year than TCU is this year.

I whole heartedly agree BYU is much weaker than Utah.

I also agree on betting teams coming off a dissapointing performance as Utah did against New Mexico but keep in mind Utah has displayed that kind of outing multiple times this season.

The BYU game I think alot of ppl are saying that game told more about BYU. Fore me, I know BYU is a fraud but I take that outing for TCU in realationship to the whole season and say it says as much about TCU.

-----IMO I take TCU over Oregon State easily. A Stanford - Utah game I see as an even matchup. I think it's incredibly noteworthy the performance TCU had vs. Stanford. Stanford beat Oregon State. Stanford beat Arizona. Stanford overcame a -4 TO deficit at Notre Dame too outrush the Irish by over 70 yards and lose by only 7.

---The way to beat Stanford is the pass. So TCU takes the run challenge head on and wins 233-71 and forgets the pass.

Stanford might not have the run defense of Utah but if there is any game with TCU where the game is going to be decided by the ground game-------TCU is going to win that battle easily.

IMO TCU is the superior teams but I am having reservations laying points on the road on a Thursday night giving TCU's time zone situation.

Jpicks no one is saying your a homer I would be interested in you talking me off TCU.

I pretty much agree with ya bro. I think we just had slightily different takes . I agree TCU is the superior team but HFA just means so much when the gap is narrow and then the travel issue as well .

I wouldnt begin to tell you how exactly Utah could win . I keep it mostly to betting lines and what I see as incorrect. Utah certainly should struggle to run the ball but TCU is capable IMO of having a trunover or two to set up short fields. Could certainly be TCU outplays Utah all game and just allows them to hang around and steal it .....

Who knows but GL......:shake::cheers:

like utah too, watched a few utah vs ucla games past years and that is a hard place to play on a week day night. (besides the fact ucla got owned)

bull - I have cox cable, like you, and RJ just informed me that it's only available on Direct TV. So, I guess I'm forced to watch the Broncos/Browns game instead.

Cable blows...

:whip:

I have shitty Comcast. I think the channel that horses mentions is availavble in one of the Comcast "PAY EXTRA" 'packages' but the other channels all stink. So this is a no see'um game for me.:3_7_3v:
LET"S GO HOKIES

I can understand referencing the oregon st game in regards to line value but also keep in mind that oregon st was much the better team that night .... give utah credit for finding a way to win that one though.

i consider oregon st offense about even with tcu but the defenses do not compare in my opinion.

Every single time that utah plays a team with a good rush defense they struggle their asses off offensively.

wyoming 11 first downs
michigan 16 first downs
n mexico 17 first downs
oregon st 18 first downs

the games they succeeded in offensively the opponent sported atrocious rush defenses.

unlv , weber st , csu and the mighty aggies of utah st

Agaisnt the average rush defense of air force they played a good game.

I love tcu against teams that give up sacks too and the utah o-line has been very vulnerable to giving up pressure and sacks this year. Maybe two years ago brian johnson makes the move with his feet and gets the job done but the guys rushing him are going to be faster than he is.

Also recall jpicks saying earlier this year in one of his mwc threads that johnson can really get rattled sometimes and i can see that happening here.

Situationally the travel is a bad news scenario.

Coaching mismatch in favor of tcu imo.

Utah does match up well defensively vs tcu but froggies should have more balance on offense and are far more likely to win the turnover battle in my opinion.

One spot where i think utah has a significant advantage is with the fg kicker and that could play a role.

going to be a great game to watch. i love tcu until they prove otherwise and they havent yet this year.

:hang:

yeah but it was vice-versa then what most would think.

instead of sakoda dominating,

it was more of ross evans not being able to hit the broad side of a barn.

sakoda besides that first FG had a pretty terrible game. his last 2 punts were both under 35 yards

i agree, awful game by sakoda. was not expecting that, just as i was not expecting the utah defense to play so shitty

I pretty much agree with ya bro. I think we just had slightily different takes . I agree TCU is the superior team but HFA just means so much when the gap is narrow and then the travel issue as well .

I wouldnt begin to tell you how exactly Utah could win . I keep it mostly to betting lines and what I see as incorrect. Utah certainly should struggle to run the ball but TCU is capable IMO of having a trunover or two to set up short fields. Could certainly be TCU outplays Utah all game and just allows them to hang around and steal it .....

Who knows but GL......:shake::cheers:

Weird shit . :popcorn:

Sakoda did score half their points...great game to watch besides the fact that I was on the wrong side. So many missed opportunities for the Frogs.

Came out about how I expected. Glad I didn't bet TCU

Game had a weird feel to it prior. Thursday night home dog has been sooo money, and also Utah, is that type of team that is not going to get blown out so you just knew Utah with a few breaks could pull this out......I said so beforehand.

See it time and time and time and time again, when teams don't take care of opportunities and shut the door it bites them in the ass.....the opposition gains life and new energy.

-----You just KNEW, KNEW Utah was scoring on that final drive. And let's give credit to Utah. Same situation vs. Oregon State. Couldn't move the ball worth a damn, and then all of a sudden Brian Johsnon drives them down in crunch time with EASE. Not even a struggle. This Utah club knows urgency and how when clock is ticking how to take it up another notch....and they understand momentum and the sense of the moment, if you don't close them out they will grab the wave and run with it.

Clearly Utah is a team that doesn't blow teams out but also is not going to get blown out. And if you know how to win close games that sets you up nicely.

.....Think if they play 10 times neutral site TCU gets the best of it......but alot of situational stuff was there for Utah and if you believe in destiny this game was decided beforehand.

Definately needed breaks and luck but IMO give Utah credit and Utah backers this is the type of team that has that ability to win a tight one so TCU was never a safe pick although TCU backers have to feel good about there side as well. This was decided by the fact that Utah is not a team that gets blown out and in tight situations they find a way to come through.

Even though I'm bitter about this TCU loss, I wanted to congratulate your boys, JP. Big win for the Utes...congrats buddy.

:shake:

I'm pretty sure the better team lost this one.

Actually looking at the box score now I'm positive the better team didn't win.

That's just one of those games where I'd pick TCU again if they lined it up again tonight.

Congrats JP.

One spot where i think utah has a significant advantage is with the fg kicker and that could play a role.

I was thinking about this post for most of the 4th Quarter.
VegasKyle :tiphat:

Back