T.O. gone in dallas

• Thread starter Thread starter signalcaller
  • Start date Start date
EAGLES CONDUCT T.O. REFERENDUM

Posted by Mike Florio on March 5, 2009, 3:10 p.m.
Well, the Philadelphia Eagles have come up with an interesting way to generate web traffic.
On their official Internet site, the Eagles have posted a poll asking the following question: “Do you want the Eagles to sign T.O.?”
Currently, the “no” vote is leading, 62.9 percent to 37.1 percent, based on 9,625 votes.
We think that the poll should have a third possible response — “Is the person who came up with the idea to put this issue to a fan poll high?”

Report: Cowboys cut Pro Bowl safety Williams

<!-- // Writer Attribution// --> <!-- Meta Tag For Search --> <!-- meta name="author" content=""--> <!-- meta name="source" content="FOXSports.com"--> <!-- meta name="eventId" content=""--> <!-- meta name="contentTypeCode" content="1"--> <!-- meta name="editorContentCode" content="1"--> <!-- meta name="blurb" content=""--> <!-- meta name="modDate" content="March 5, 2009 19:44:27 GMT"--> by FOXSports.com

The Cowboys have released the five-time Pro Bowler after multiple attempts to trade the safety failed to materialize, the Dallas Morning News reported on its Web site Thursday. Williams confirmed the release to the News in a text message.In cutting Williams, the Cowboys will save approximately $2 million in cap space in 2009, the newspaper reported.
Williams, the Cowboys' top draft pick in 2002 who made the Pro Bowl every season from 2003 to 2007, was limited to three games in 2008 with a forearm injury.
In 2006, Williams signed a $25 million contract with Dallas that included an $11.1 million signing bonus, the News reported. At the time, it was the largest contract ever awarded to a safety.

PFT PLANET SKEWS THE EAGLES POLL

Posted by Mike Florio on March 5, 2009, 3:55 p.m.
When we posted at 3:10 p.m. EST our item about the Eagles poll regarding whether the team should sign T.O., 9,625 people had voted — and 62.9 percent of them had said “no.”
In an update to the story, we suggested that we should all vote “yes,” in the spirit of Mitch Berger being named the Super Bowl MVP.
As of 3:47 p.m., a total of 20,170 votes have been cast. And ”yes” now has 64.3 percent of the vote.
Based on my once strong but now poor math skills, this means that 10,545 votes were cast in the intervening 37 minutes — and that 9,399 of them were “yes.”
It’s a rate of 89.1 percent “yes,” and 10.9 percent “no.”
Very impressive, PFT Planet. Please remember to buy a Sprint phone. And not to buy my book.
UPDATE: As of 3:57 p.m. EST, it’s now 76.5 percent “yes,” with more than 32,000 total votes. I hope they feed their hamsters well.

If he was any good I'd so want him on the Eagles.

he's still good vs the run and vs TE's

just cant cover deep and has a little trouble in open space thats why he always horse collars lol.

AL Davis has wanted him since last year I dont mind this as long as the raiders d cord dont misuse him.

could help the raiders young safteys Huff and Branch. Im certain raiders get him if he wants 2 be a raider.

If he was any good I'd so want him on the Eagles.

Put him at LB and I think he could be ok, but he is brutal in coverage. So many times he was found out of position, but he sure can hit and is not afraid of contact.

Back