Swedish Elitserien - Monday Oct 9th

charvik

NHL Road Fade Guru
Brynas/Farjestad

Brynas should've won their last game, away at Frolunda, but 7 straight 2 min penalties was a bit too much, and they tied the game. Brynas has the best PK in the league, and Farjestad has the best PP.

Brynas is missing one of their best defenders, and part of the PK, Antti Hulkkonen, due to an injury in the last game. Farjestad has their share of injuries, where Johansson and Nordstrom will miss the meet. It's going to be a tight game as Brynas is a good home team, and Farjestads form is starting to peak. A big reason why I think Brynas has a decent shot is their netminder Robert Kristan, who has been one of the best keepers so far this season, with 3 shutouts in 8 tries and at 94% save percentage!

I think that in order for Farjestad to come away with points, they have to play a defensively sound game, and take advantage of their opportunities in Power Play. I think the safest bet in this game is the under.

Brynas/Farjestad UNDER 5.5 -116

HV 71/Timra

HV is a shadow of their former selves this season, and Timra is still the team to beat, even after their loss away at Djurgarden (remember, they had some people missing due to stomach flu). Langkow and Ersberg has been playing goalie, switching every other game and with Langkow (86% Save Percentage in 4 games) in net the last game, Ersberg should get the start and that should favor HV. HV has been playing erratic though and is not really playing like a team, and something has to happen soon to get some wins.

Backlund for Timra is definitely a better keeper then anything HV can put in goal, and with players getting back after illness, Timra should win this easily. Normally Timra plays really tight games on away ice, and an under here wouldn't be too surprising, but at -134 it's not playable and neither is
the +0.5 -127 IMHO.

Since typing this last night these lines have changed dramatically to under 5.5 -118 and +0.5 -111. The ML for Timra is +149! I am going to check why the line has moved as much as it has and might post a play later. That ML is awfully tempting.

Skelleftea/Malmo

Malmo is the worst team in the league right now, with two draws as their only points this season. Skelleftea played MoDo away this weekend and they were never really in that game. I am not too worried about just that game though. Skelleftea beat Malmo 3 out of 4 games last year in the lower division, and both at home. Malmo has only managed to score 3 (!) goals on away ice all year, and a couple of those have been garbage time goals. I can't see Skelleftea losing this game.

Skelleftea -0.5 +104 Double unit play

charvik said:
Since typing this last night these lines have changed dramatically to under 5.5 -118 and +0.5 -111. The ML for Timra is +149! I am going to check why the line has moved as much as it has and might post a play later. That ML is awfully tempting.

I can't pass up the +149 ML on the better team. I am pretty sure that the line moved becaused it's confirmed that the players out in the last game is not going to play this game either... At that line I have to play this though, with the better team, better goal keeper and better form...

Timra ML +149

:cheers:

moving record to this thread:

Finnish Sides 8-4-5
Finnish Totals 10-9
Swedish Sides 8-6-1
Swedish Totals 4-3
SWE/FIN YTD 30-22-6, 6.57 units

NHL Sides 4-4
NHL Totals 3-2
NHL Salami 1-1
NHL YTD 8-7, -0.35 units

I am stuck listening to games on the radio today (no slingbox access), but I will update with scores when they come in.

ouch... shouldn't have said that.. Backlund with an easy mistake, and drops in 1-0 for HV.... :spank:

:spank: :spank: Timra created nothing and managed to get a player sent off... HV with PP goal right after they returned to full strength,... Nothing to do for Backlund... 2-0 HV

5-2 in the Brynas game...

6.30 mins left for Timra... 3-2 Timra right now

Still 4-0 Skelleftea - Malmo

2-1, +2.41 on the day (had a winning double play): :cheers:

Finnish Sides 8-4-5
Finnish Totals 10-9
Swedish Sides 10-6-1
Swedish Totals 4-4
SWE/FIN YTD 32-23-6, 8.98 units

NHL Sides 4-4
NHL Totals 3-2
NHL Salami 1-1