Suspicious Lines

Blue_Chip

Money Addict
Forum, provide your explanation(s) as to why these lines are suspect...

Why is #5 Wisconsin dogged to Illinois?
-- An inaccurate/hyped perception of Illinois after a 7-pt win over Penn St? Or, is it the public and/or Vegas coming to realization that Wisconsin is overrated, with a defense that moves in slow motion? Are the Illini legitimate? After all, they should be undefeated had Mizzou not returned two fumbles for TDs of 65yds and 100yds in the first week.

Why is #12 UGA dogged to Tenn?
-- Is it that big of a homefield advantage? UGA primed for a letdown? I don't care for trends, but for those that do, Tenn is 10-28 ATS in their last 38 home games. This game has trap tattooed all over it.

Why is a once-ranked TCU dogged to an untested Wyoming?
-- After all, the only decent test Wyoming has had was Boise St, in which they lost by 10 pts. And Wyoming wasn't all that impressive versus Ohio or Utah St. TCU has dropped games to AF and Texas, but at least they have faced decent opponents. And is homefield that big of an advantage to Wyoming? This line really makes no sense.

Kansas St plays Auburn tight in Auburn, and weeks later beat Texas in Austin (which I called b/c of Freeman's mobility), and K State is rewarded with a favoritism of only 3 pts to Kansas?
-- I know Kansas is 4-0 all coming in convincing fashion, but c'mon! KSU is a road tested team that has shown they can step up when needed. Now they get a favorable crowd, as their biggest games have been on the road. Rivalry game, Big 12 wide open, Kansas St is ready to prove something. Or am I falling right into the trap?

Last edited:
Forum, provide your explanation(s) as to why these lines are suspect...

Why is #5 Wisconsin dogged to Illinois?
-- An inaccurate/hyped perception of Illinois after a 7-pt win over Penn St? Or, is it the public and/or Vegas coming to realization that Wisconsin is overrated, with a defense that moves in slow motion? Are the Illini legitimate? After all, they should be undefeated had Mizzou not returned two fumbles for TDs of 65yds and 100yds in the first week.

Illinois has respectable run defense and Wiscy has been begging for the upset all year. The boodsmakers knew if they established Illinois as a home dog they would take too much big $ action on Ill. Set up like this they are taking a nice split %.

-- Is it that big of a homefield advantage? UGA primed for a letdown? I don't care for trends, but for those that do, Tenn is 10-28 in their last 38 home games. This game has trap tattooed all over it.

really confusing line here if you look at the history. I haven't really dug into it yet....

Why is a once-ranked TCU dogged to an untested Wyoming?
-- After all, the only decent test Wyoming has had was Boise St, in which they lost by 10 pts. And Wyoming wasn't all that impressive versus Ohio or Utah St. TCU has dropped games to AF and Texas, but at least they have faced decent opponents. And is homefield that big of an advantage to Wyoming? This line really makes no sense.

TCU injuries and Wyoming is a tough place to play

Kansas St plays Auburn tight in Auburn, and weeks later beat Texas in Austin (which I called b/c of Freeman's mobility), and K State is rewarded with a favoritism of only 3 pts to Kansas?
-- I know Kansas is 4-0 all coming in convincing fashion, but c'mon! KSU is a road tested team that has shown they can step up when needed. Now they get a favorable crowd, as their biggest games have been on the road. Rivalry game, Big 12 wide open, Kansas St is ready to prove something. Or am I falling right into the trap?

Real let down spot and Kansas won in this same exact spot last year albeit at home. Add in the extra week to prepare and there you go....

I mean, KU might be K-State because both teams look real even on paper, but it won't be because the Wildcats "let down".

-- Is it that big of a homefield advantage? UGA primed for a letdown? I don't care for trends, but for those that do, Tenn is 10-28 in their last 38 home games. This game has trap tattooed all over it.

That cant be right... if it is though... WOW

Same thing happened last year....that said I am not saying K State is looking past this game maybe the revenge factor will play a role. But last year they just got plain physically beat at the line of scrimmage and they had the better team. Here is a quote from the QB after last year's game:

“We lost, and all that matters is what we just did. The season is not over, but you don’t go out and lay down like we did. Even if we have a bowl game locked up, you still want to win, and we didn’t get that done.”

No way Tennessee is 10-28 in their last 38 home games. Maybe ATS but that defintly cant be right SU. Even if it is ATS though, thats still surprising. I do know Georgia though is 31-3 under Mark Richt SU on the road in the SEC. Thats just crazy

I apologize, I forgot to enter ATS behind the stat. It should read...

Tenn is 10-28 ATS in their last 38 home games

I do know Georgia though is 31-3 under Mark Richt SU on the road in the SEC. Thats just crazy

That is crazy, I remember hearing that stat after UGA went into Tuscaloosa and defeated Bama and Satan in OT.

Game:
Can you name Richt's three road losses versus SEC opponents?
Hint: LSU in 2003 (LSU's nat'l champ year) is one of the three.

Heres Ron Zooks reaction to the UW/Illinois game

Illini favored by 3

Illinois coach Ron Zook can figure out only one reason his unranked team could possibly be a 3-point favorite at home on Saturday against UW.

"I think it's somebody from Wisconsin trying to get them upset," Zook said of the oddsmaker. "I don't think anybody in their right mind could make us a favorite. We haven't done anything to prove ourselves that way yet."

It is bizarre. Wiscy was favored to Michigan St by 6 at home, and now they travel to Illinois and are dogged by 3?

I don't get it.

Back