Survivor '24

gps_3

Head of Alabama Department of Decision-Making
Seems like this has been helpful the last few seasons. Looking like one of the toughest week 1's in recent memory. Who do y'all like? The three highest by spread are:

Bengals -8.5
Bills -6
Seahawks -6

Everybody else is 4 or less. Cincy may be without Chase in week 1. Don't know too many other possible injury situations off the top of my head.

Any teams that will be auto-fade material? Carolina, Washington and Patriots appear to be pretty bad.

Looking forward to everyone's thoughts

Thanks for getting this started.

Tonight I hit the war room to decide my strategy for my 26 entries at BOL plus other single entry contests.

Not sure I want to touch the Bengals in week 1 w/the Chase situation, despite NE being likely the worst team in the league

Arizona defense should be bad but they can certainly chase a deficit; Bills could still be a top team and may be worth saving (for when they play NE)

Seattle may fit the bill playing a rookie QB in a tough venue; Denver is a young team that looks worse on paper this year with all their losses

Nothing definite for me yet but i would have to agree these are the 3 likely candidates

BOL

Super tough week. Cincy looks to me to be the only somewhat sure thing. So many of these first week games look like they can go either way to me.

Super tough week. Cincy looks to me to be the only somewhat sure thing. So many of these first week games look like they can go either way to me.
I took Cincy in 13 of my 26 selections for the big one.

Spread out the other 13 between 4 teams.

Baltimore, Philly? can't use the Ravens. I've been burned more by them than any other team. Especially early in the season.

I can't see the Falcons winning in Philly. Cousins looks washed.

The Chargers will be popular. But I stay away from road teams in survivor.

There's 6 spreads 6 or higher this week as opposed to what 1 last week?

No real interest in using Detroit. Houston maybe? Chicago was gift wrapped a game last week. That feels like a blowout.

I definitely avoid road teams until I can't anymore. Am I crazy for wanting to use the Cowboys? They looked pretty good last week, but maybe it's just because the Browns offense is that bad?

I definitely avoid road teams until I can't anymore. Am I crazy for wanting to use the Cowboys? They looked pretty good last week, but maybe it's just because the Browns offense is that bad?
Not sure what to make of the Saints. Certainly Derek Carr won't play like that again vs a competent defense.

Lots of us, myself included, were pretty high on the Saints last season. Maybe we were one year off? They looked really strong last week albeit vs the Panthers. But still….. might be worth keeping an eye on.

I get the road game idea but this might be the best chance to use the Chargers all season. Take a look at the schedule. Really the you gotta go out to week 10 for the next good chance. Their home schedule is rough.

Brutal week for survivor pools.

If you are still alive there looks to be some good ones this week.

Raiders?
Bucs?

Both large favorites, both home non divisional games and both probably the best time to use them all season.

A lot of high number spreads again like last week. But that obviously didn't work out for everybody.

I think TB is the best play on the board but unfortunately I used them week one.

I usually don't like using division games. The Jets and 49ers look good but I think I'll pass on them.

Cincy? They burned alot of people week 1.

Back