Superbowl Squares

Nugzz

Tritty f'n Bunk
Ok.. Haven’t seen anyone discuss it yet so I’m gonna give it a go. Anyone interested in Superbowl Squares? I’ll set up a league safe if we start getting the interest.

Here’s what I want it to look like… little different than a normal set up, but better chance to cash something out most likely…

$25 a Square. A winner is paid every time the score changes…

Example NFC 6-0 ---- that square wins $100
NFC 7-0 ---- that square wins $100
NFC 7-3 ---- that square wins $100
…so on and so forth…
$100 bonus for halftime score (so u would get final 1st half score change 100 plus another 100)
FINAL SCORE wins the remainder of the cash… I’m in a pool similar to this that is always fun (just on a bigger scale, $100 a square and it always works out nicely)

Also any scoreless quarter will payout 100
So if you have interest… tell me how many you want and what location you want in the grid and I’ll document it right here in the first

PM me or comment in this thread if you have questions

Last edited:
Fyi I'm reserving the right to modify payouts slightly depending on the weather in new jersey for the game or the teams involved (will take projected over under and ctg members suggestions into account when the time comes.... i don't want a 6-3 game with all the money pretty much going to final score if I can help it

Hey Nugz,
Essentially every score their is a payout...correct? Tds would usually result in 2 payouts one before the extra point and one after. Just want to make sure I am reading this correctly.

Also, I ll take #15

Hey Nugz,
Essentially every score their is a payout...correct? Tds would usually result in 2 payouts one before the extra point and one after. Just want to make sure I am reading this correctly.

Also, I ll take #15

Correct. I reserve the right to modify payouts once matchup is determined prior to picking numbers

My initial understandings ...
7-3 ... Final square would win $2,100 plus $100 when the score changed to their number, plus potentially halftime $100 if the points were all scored in the first 2 qtrs so $2,200-$2,300

12 scores would all have to be TDs plus extra points and/or 2 pt attempts would all have to be successful ... But that would wipe out the $2,500 if u include the halftime $100 bonus

If more than $2,500 worth of score changes happen, does the amount get averaged down to payout at least the number of score changes?

Is there a guaranteed amount for halftime and final game winner? This would reduce the number of score changes needed before $2,500 runs out.

My initial understandings ...
7-3 ... Final square would win $2,100 plus $100 when the score changed to their number, plus potentially halftime $100 if the points were all scored in the first 2 qtrs so $2,200-$2,300

12 scores would all have to be TDs plus extra points and/or 2 pt attempts would all have to be successful ... But that would wipe out the $2,500 if u include the halftime $100 bonus

If more than $2,500 worth of score changes happen, does the amount get averaged down to payout at least the number of score changes?

Is there a guaranteed amount for halftime and final game winner? This would reduce the number of score changes needed before $2,500 runs out.

I've been in pools like this before and its never ran out of money.

depending on the teams and the predicted weather and over under i will make an executive decision about specific payouts w/ the input of other owners of squares.

but if for some reason there are 24 score changes that is right there will be no more money left.. there will be no averaging out.

its an imperfect pool but has the potential to be fun

So can I just make sure....

Lets say the final score somehow is 7-3... The person with those numbers would win $2300?

and let's say....

There are more than 12 scores in the game... The person with the final score numbers could possibly get $0?

those scenarios are possible.. i may modify payouts prior to the game depending on expectations of over unders and score and weather. just bear with me and i'll answer all questions as we get closer.

like i said i have been in a pool very similar to this and the final score was always left w/ a substantial amount of money... i will probably have the last score of the first half worth double or something like that.

i'm thinking of paying 100 every score change.. Capping the final total to $1000 max...if there is more than $1000 left for final score redistribute the extra to the final scores of "quarters" and "half" (wow that sounds confusing when you read it)

its just hard to predict this year due to the Superbowl in the Northeast w/ the potential for bad weather and not a lot of scoring.

But we'll discuss further as we get closer

I don't understand this at all, lol. Please just tell me if I win something.

If it has worked before, no reason to change. It makes it more exciting.

Like I said, we do a 50 dollar one and have 1500 committed just to qtrs 1, 2 and 3 and still have an exciting payout at end.

I like the original format with a halftime thrown in.

I guess the uncertainty of how many scores there are going to be is throwing me. What if it's 56-49, all touchdowns, 30 score changes including XP's? Or something like that.

Hey, Broncos could be involved, maybe they just trade scores all game long. Never know.

I guess the uncertainty of how many scores there are going to be is throwing me. What if it's 56-49, all touchdowns, 30 score changes including XP's? Or something like that.

if that happens..would be an insane game lol..

in that case.. when the money is gone its gone. after 2500 is paid out thats it.. but in the last 5 years i've done this pool the following has been the results.. (quick check)

2013 --19 score changes (600 left for final)
2012 --- 11 score changes (1400 for final)
2011-- 17 score changes (800 left for final)
2010-- 14 score changes (1100 left for final)
2009-- 15 score changes (1000 left for final)

pretty good returns for 25 dollar investment

Looks good. I think you can run into some grief from some of the more ornery CTGers (no names) with the floating payout figures and executive decisions, but I'm not complaining. Looks fun. Better than waiting for the ends of the quarters.

Looks good. I think you can run into some grief from some of the more ornery CTGers (no names) with the floating payout figures and executive decisions, but I'm not complaining. Looks fun. Better than waiting for the ends of the quarters.

well i probably wont stray much from the original model, i was just thinking about some minor ehancements.... hey if they dont like it then no pressure.. i had more than enough people to fill the grid and i'm sure we could get more if they want out.

Just thought it would be fun, something different for everyone. I know i've always enjoyed it.

Officially 26 squares paid for. Lets keep them coming in so we are all set to go by the deadline.

As a quick disclaimer, all payouts will be made on Monday, February 3rd. Please don't be barking for them during the game or right after.

Ok folks here is a quick update of the grid..
I just did it quick.. so let me know if there are any errors.

PAID PEOPLE ARE IN RED- IF you paid and your name is not in red.. shoot me a PM and i'll look into it.
Thanks.
View attachment 34430

Once all are paid...

. I'll be using a random draft order generator to fill in the numbers for afc and NFC.... The app allows myself and 9 others to be notified via email of the random order that is generated.. So that no one accuses me of cheating I will email the results to the first 9 people who private message me...request to be a part of the drawing...and provide me their emails...

then of course I will post the results here as we'll... Hope that makes sense.

so pm me ASAP if u wanna be one of the nine

Officially 26 squares paid for. Lets keep them coming in so we are all set to go by the deadline.

As a quick disclaimer, all payouts will be made on Monday, February 3rd. Please don't be barking for them during the game or right after.

Just a reminder...

Cleaned thread up so it is easy to read going forth.

Good Luck to all.

Should be very fun. Thanks to all the members being on top of getting their dues in etc so we are good to go.

So say the first score is a TD, there will be two winners right? 6,0 and 7,0?

Ok... Numbers will be drawn this morning. Just wanted to confirm payout details...

EVERY score change results in a payout of $100.
Halftime score will be payed an extra $100.
if there is a scoreless quarter there will be a $100 payout to that number at end of quarter ( example 0-0 end of first would win $100)
Final score receives remainder of cash pool.

similar structures have yielded great results and fun times for all in almost every Super Bowl in recent memory.
so while the potential exists for a lob sided final payout (due to weather, defense,etc) we'll hope for the best.

Good Luck to everyone...

Sorry for the delay in drawing numbers. Computers at work are currently down w no real fix in sight.

Back