Superbowl matchupthread 2022 2023

Thats me with the Ravens.

Always a blind spot for someone, whether it a awful team like raiders I keep thinking get better or a team like giants I can’t believe the record to the good. I was proud of myself yesterday I finally got off raiders and played colts, it was easy once I saw waller and renfro were on il plus lot of talking coming from guys this week, that never a good sign, took me long enough but I’m finally over them:

At least ravens win some games! They just so thin at wr and now Bateman hurt yet again. Tough to trust a team with no difference makers at wr and can be shaky themselves when it comes to stopping the pass. I think they most likely a playoff team at least, that not as bad as being on a team who not gonna win 6 games! Lol. I just don’t think ravens can go toe to toe with the high powered passing offenses in afc.

Forgot to do this after last week’s games.

After last week sticking with Buffalo vs Philly though really close to switching to KC and/or SF

Will update after tonight game

KC because Mahomes knows how to avoid contact, Allen doesn’t.
It’s certainly lining up to be Philly vs 9ers for the NFC. Game will be in Philly and in the cold most likely, Jimmy G struggles mightily in frigid conditions and I think will ultimately cost them.
KC vs Philly
Mahomes gets his 2nd title. It just seems logical.

KC because Mahomes knows how to avoid contact, Allen doesn’t.
It’s certainly lining up to be Philly vs 9ers for the NFC. Game will be in Philly and in the cold most likely, Jimmy G struggles mightily in frigid conditions and I think will ultimately cost them.
KC vs Philly
Mahomes gets his 2nd title. It just seems logical.

Niners don’t ask Jimmy to do a lot in playoffs. Think it be more bout running the ball and stopping Philly run game. Hope that Is the matchup, it be a heck of a game, super physical!

Niners don’t ask Jimmy to do a lot in playoffs. Think it be more bout running the ball and stopping Philly run game. Hope that Is the matchup, it be a heck of a game, super physical!
Niners suddenly look thin at RB. Mitchell is back on the IR. The backups to McCaffery are unknowns in the NFL including their rookie 3rd rounder. We’ll see. With still so many games left it’s almost like the last man standing.

Niners suddenly look thin at RB. Mitchell is back on the IR. The backups to McCaffery are unknowns in the NFL including their rookie 3rd rounder. We’ll see. With still so many games left it’s almost like the last man standing.

I figure they be healthier again by then, or debo can go back to getting carries. As you said lot of games to go, it not like miles sanders has made a career of staying healthy either.

I figure they be healthier again by then, or debo can go back to getting carries. As you said lot of games to go, it not like miles sanders has made a career of staying healthy either.
Just saw McCaffery status is uncertain for Sunday.

Philly/SF/Cowboys vs Bengals/Bills/KC
That basically covers it! Lol

MAYBE throw in Vikes and Dolphins to cover every possibility. Oh and Titans barely?

That was my order of the teams I thought would make the SB. I don't think it will be Vikes, Fins or Titans

Today, with Jimmy G out for season, I think it is Philly/Cowboys vs Bengals/Bills/KC

Made me bet I take Philly-Bengals

Still sitting on an 80/1 Bills/Vikings ticket which was my preseason prediction here:

That was my order of the teams I thought would make the SB. I don't think it will be Vikes, Fins or Titans

Today, with Jimmy G out for season, I think it is Philly/Cowboys vs Bengals/Bills/KC

Made me bet I take Philly-Bengals

Sucks with Jimmy G as they were cruising to an easy SB appearance IMO.

Yeah I think you have the 5 teams correct.

Vikings aren't even a .500 team. Lucky bad team and a bye week for any playoff opponent.

I’m sticking with Buff vs SF, although the SF pick may change to Dallas depending on how Shanahan changes up the offense. I actually like what I saw out of the young QB, but think Dallas defense would be a tough matchup for him.

Switching to Bengals v Eagles. As much as I like Buffalo, something is off. Maybe too much of a reliance on Josh Allen to get them out of jams? I’m not sure.

Buff peaked too early and the injuries have been piling up. They can still peak again. I thought the same thing would happen to Philly but man outside of the Wash game (and half of the Indy game) they’ve been great all season. If you asked me today I’d say Philly wins it all but I’m not ready to switch it up yet.

49ers/Bills looks like a really good possibility to me

I really don’t think bills that great to beat cincy and kc but they prob get every call and every break cause the thing that happened. Personally think niners/cincy the best 2 teams, if higgens can get over being part that hit, he seemed off his game today and was noticeably bothered when it happened.

I dunno why cincy/bills shouldn’t be neutral like bills/kc would be? Cincy was gonna win that game and take the 2 seed.

9ers vs KC rematch. Praying Im wrong in the NFC and the Eagles find a way.

I have to see eagles play a game in these playoffs and hopefully look like they did when they were rolling everyone, they didn’t look that way against giants backups, I’d assume hurts be healthier in 2 weeks, I’m thinking there a really good chance they gonna end up playing Gmen again and as big of frauds giants might be that could be a really tough game if Philly isn’t clicking. If they come out and roll their 1st opponent I’d def be a lot less trusting of Purdy going to Philly in the nfc championship game, I think that the one game where his limitations could finally be exposed, nobody else in the nfc talented enough for it to matter imo.

Not sure why, but I’m less clear after WC weekend. I think I’ll go with Buffalo vs Philly. Buffalo just seems like team of destiny, and Philly being undervalued.

Yeah, it’s tough. Buff vs Cincy and SF vs Philly (if it happens) are really coin flips for me. Nobody has seen the real Philly in a while now, so this game will be telling.

Back