Super Late Discussion NCAA thread

Sammy Meatballs

Sammy Meatballs? Never Heard of Her
Anyone have anything going----

Debating about LSU vs BAMA< but i see everyone on bama, starting to get nervous.

Also think the t Tech game can hit over, last year 97 points, and the way they score, I dont see a game that does not hit high 30's or 40 points.

Also 2 CFL playoff games during the day--

Hope and praying for a good Saturday----

BAMA IMO feels like the typical -3 -3.5 road favorite that lets everyone down, I cuold be wrong but usually the house wins these games.

The only reason LSU is getting so much credit is they're at home, and the whole Saban returning thing. However, I think Bama plays hard to get Saban the Win...if anything, it's been a distraction for LSU.

Bama clearly has the superior defense...and even though I'm not big on JP Wilson, he's clearly a notch above a young Hatch.

The public isn't always wrong bud.

:shake:

Sammy you should of been in here during the week getting some plays locked down.

I'm set bud.

Not sure anybody knows crap about CFL but you.

--I've got Bama and Penn State in the Orange so I'm riding that.

Both will be tested like no there Saturday though. Actually like Iowa plus the points and think Bama pulls it out. 3 is like a pickum but I could even see a 1, 2 point win. Give me 2 and a half all day and I like my chances.

On LSU . Was leaning but added it just now. I think Bama is very overrated for a #1 team . I dont think they could beat any of the Big 12's top 3 or 4 (not including Missouri in that list).

The offense doesnt do much it feeds off the defense for the most part. Its two toughest games were @ Georgia when they had no expectations and Ole Miss . LSU is inconsistent and what better time to but together a solid effort ? Remember the defense did shutdown SCarolina when it had to . Both LSU losses were close early 3rd Q and got out of hand . Simply key is turnovers . Dont like Bama special teams either .

Bama schedule is a joke . Season is almost over and toughest home game is Ole Miss ? Tulane , Western Kentucky , Kentucky and Ark State ? That gets you a number 1 ? USC would eat them alive.....They had 150 yds passing vs Ark State !

The more I look at this and the more it looks like TCU @ Utah all over again. Very good defense on the road , with a medicore offense , laying points in a tough place to win ......

Coffee banged up at RB and Cody will play but looks like a limited amount of plays. Think its Bama's biggest test now that we know they are for real .

Sportsnut what I know from years of gambling is that this Alabama game makes me nervous.

It has the following things I hate about it--

WHen ever the whole forum and other forums are calling a Game of the year or the Seasons biggest bet, I dont even have to look, I know the game will be road favorite in college ball laying -3 ot -3.5 points-

This game fits perfect in that range, it also fits in where the home team is apparently dead and weak and just not that good based on the years games. Everyone writes this team down like they will just lay down. THey are essentially a wounded DOG, they have been written off for dead-

-Everyone piles on the road team because of good performances and the fact they think this line should be -7 at least and are expecting everyting to go according to what has happened during the year-

ALabama is just a new team in this spot, every year its roughly the same matchup however I would say BAMA has a good coach and a pretty good Defense as usually in this spot the defense is not taht great by teh favorite.

Its almost as if why even play this game? If LSU is done, its college and strange things happen in college with 19 20 years olds---

I have seen this so many times and for this reason willl be sitting out on the sidelines because if it looks to good to be true it probably is--

Can everyone be wrong- YES they can because this is how Vegas makes money--

When everyone is thinking the same, no one is thinking

Nut there is a double header tomorrow in the CFL playoffs, you can watch it on channelsurfing.net--

Former QB Michael Bishop is playing tomorrow and is -4 at home vs BC-- He is horrible he throws about 4 int's a game, he has really regressed as a QB-

Sammy you should of been in here during the week getting some plays locked down.

I'm set bud.

Not sure anybody knows crap about CFL but you.

--I've got Bama and Penn State in the Orange so I'm riding that.

Both will be tested like no there Saturday though. Actually like Iowa plus the points and think Bama pulls it out. 3 is like a pickum but I could even see a 1, 2 point win. Give me 2 and a half all day and I like my chances.

No doubts Ohio state-- but the way I figure is that I dont do well when I lock in plays early I find- I do better putting them on game day--- that way an injury or the public jumping on my team cant hurt me---

Also when i put nothing in a day and wake up-- I am always EVEN--- this way I consider myself up hundreds of dollars and then can relax and patiently put plays in-- its called dibbling and dabbling in a few plays-
Rather than having big money locked in and numerous plays in , that way I avoid a disaster day also---

I start with one play and go from there-- But I put them on game day at the last minute usually- this way i do the max research and am sure of my selections--

It has worked great for me-- I can sleep tonight, have no action tmrw and start hittign some winners durign the day to net a profit--

I also dont have to worry about a team for ex like BAMA going up tomorrow to -4 or -4.5 because if thats the case I dont want to bet them anyway-- I learned one thing the late public action is cancer, I hate to be on their side and if Bama goes up to -4 or -4.5 I would say there is a 90% chance it does not cash, because in all reality those plays dont cash where everyone starts jumping on it on game day.

How is Bama overrated???

This IS THE most physical team in the country. They dominated Georgia more than UF did IMO. The defense is the best in the country. The offene struggles in long distance situations for sure. But the run offense is unbelievable. Give me those ingredients all day.

LSU IS overrated. half a hundred to Georgia and UF, lost to Auburn for christs sakes.

BUT LSU matches up great with Bama. Tigers hate teams that get out on the edges. Bama comes right at you.

But the qb edge Bama big, and this team is just the better all around team.

-----Sammy I agree this line begs for Bama money cause lots of ppl going LSU overrated look at undefeated Bama. But only 60% are on Bama, alot of ppl are playing LSU for simple fact that it's november and the TT upset believe me is in alot o minds right now.

I'm on Bama because there the better team by far but matchup and home field dictates this to be a barnburner.

Might be better spots for your money

Well I can tell you one thing for certain. There is no way in hell this game should be -7 @ LSU. Absolutely no way . It shouldnt even be -3 but has to be based on perception and what has occurred before this game.

The issue is ints and turnovers . Wilson was 6/14 for 74yds @ ARK but they scored 49 pts = 2 pick 6s and 3 big rushing TDs. Wont get those big TD runs here especially if Coffee is limited .

Think LSU wins 20-24 -17. The mere fact Bama has struggled often with there schedule is an indicator of how overvalued they are . People appalud Bama for beating ARK State yet would knock LSU for there performance vs Tulane . Of course Bama's defense has great stats it played a Clemson team that became a disaster , caught ARK really early when they were struggling but Smith still ran decent, then played a bunch of teams who bottomfeeders offensively WKU , Tulane , Kentucky and Tenny probably 2 of the 3 worst SEC offenses , and Ark State ......

I only leaned LSU but the more I look at the more I feel you are correct this is the perfect storm to fade Bama...GL

Penn State and Bama gonna be in for dogfights.

We'll find out a lot after today. Champions hang on

How is Bama overrated???

This IS THE most physical team in the country. They dominated Georgia more than UF did IMO. The defense is the best in the country. The offene struggles in long distance situations for sure. But the run offense is unbelievable. Give me those ingredients all day.

LSU IS overrated. half a hundred to Georgia and UF, lost to Auburn for christs sakes.

BUT LSU matches up great with Bama. Tigers hate teams that get out on the edges. Bama comes right at you.

-----Sammy I agree this line begs for Bama money cause lots of ppl going LSU overrated look at undefeated Bama. But only 60% are on Bama, alot of ppl are playing LSU for simple fact that it's november and the TT upset believe me is in alot o minds right now.

I'm on Bama because there the better team by far but matchup and home field dictates this to be a barnburner.

I think if this line stays the same, BAMA is a good play, I do like SABAN, he is a GOD-- and I like BAMA as usually a team like Florida would be the type of team to lose in LSU-- however BAMA has the D, but I dont know about the O?? But BAMA is a good team and so is LSU--

I think it may be wise to forget about the 2 losses that LSU suffered because in all reality they are over, you cannot borrow any of those 100 points that Florida and georgia put on LSU? ALso this is BAMA and not Florida and Georgia.

According to stats and play I am sure Bama is considered better. how do I know this? becaues they are favored to begin with which is rare for a game in LSU--

However I do know its tough to stay undefeated in the SEC and in college for that matter--- LSU will be playing looser IMO and bama tight--

Good luck in whatever you play, I think there is easier winners probably than this game, but good luck to all players

Well I can tell you one thing for certain. There is no way in hell this game should be -7 @ LSU. Absolutely no way . It shouldnt even be -3 but has to be based on perception and what has occurred before this game.

The issue is ints and turnovers . Wilson was 6/14 for 74yds @ ARK but they scored 49 pts = 2 pick 6s and 3 big rushing TDs. Wont get those big TD runs here especially if Coffee is limited .

Think LSU wins 20-24 -17. The mere fact Bama has struggled often with there schedule is an indicator of how overvalued they are . People appalud Bama for beating ARK State yet would knock LSU for there performance vs Tulane . Of course Bama's defense has great stats it played a Clemson team that became a disaster , caught ARK really early when they were struggling but Smith still ran decent, then played a bunch of teams who bottomfeeders offensively WKU , Tulane , Kentucky and Tenny probably 2 of the 3 worst SEC offenses , and Ark State ......

I only leaned LSU but the more I look at the more I feel you are correct this is the perfect storm to fade Bama...GL

It seems like LSU is the play due to certain things that I am reading, but I dont know if I wil play it--- I dont really like BAMA as i have lost on this game over hundred times--
However is BAMA going to walk in there and smoke them like everyone says? I would be shocked to see it, but anything is possible

How is Bama overrated???

Bama is overrated because they are ranked #1 and played 1 tough game all season. That was @ Georgia . Next toughest game hosting Ole Miss . A dangerous team but ordinary . Outside of those 2 opponents they didnt play a team who would even rate in the top 60 when they paired up.

How is Bama the most anything ? You're weighing them against overmatched opponents .

They may have dominated Georgia more then UF did but no one respected Bama at that point . Clemson , Tulane, WKU and Arkansas leading up to Georgia . Not to mention Georgia's perception was sky high with wins @ Scarolina then @ Arizona State . No one takes UF lightily or Georgia lightily.

LSU isnt overrated because they have the talent of a top 25 team but that doesnt get mentioned . If what happened yesterday always showed the future there would be much work to do . It would always be cut and dry . I faded LSU both loses which they didnt lose to Auburn at Auburn(26-21 win). At least LSU played Florida and traveled .

No way does Bama have the QB edge . They may have a smarter QB but he is not better or capable of the same things.

Not sure about the line either . See no book with less then 65% on Bama and avg low 70s ...the line is dead on at -3 . If LSU didnt fall apart in there 2 losses it would be a PKem .

All comes down to protecting the ball for LSU . Fla and Georgia are two explosive offenses especially compared to Bama . Its like comparing LeBron James to Caron Butler . The scoring avgs might be remotely similiar but they are capable of two entirely different things

Good Luck bro . I just see another road fav getting to much credit and this time I think LSU leads all the way ...:cheers:Sleep time !

Bama is not explosive as Florida or georgia they play a different brand of football---

They play a NFL type brand of BALL- SABAH is a GOD- that is the only thing that BAMA has reassurance is in SABAH---

However Bama ball could mean a close game and I read at the other site so many losers on game of years on Bama. That right there makes me run and run very fast away from BAMA.

Bama is not explosive as Florida or georgia they play a different brand of football---

They play a NFL type brand of BALL- SABAH is a GOD- that is the only thing that BAMA has reassurance is in SABAH---

However Bama ball could mean a close game and I read at the other site so many losers on game of years on Bama. That right there makes me run and run very fast away from BAMA.

Exactly why quoting what LSU allowed to Georgia and FLA is useless . Bama is nothing like those offenses . Bama is basically TCU but in a major conference IMO. What happened to TCU ? Even outlaying the team on the road they still lost .

Just think alot of people forgot how GA self destructed and handed Bama that game . All the errors they made they had no chance to win-

The game was really decided before halftime. Alabama took the opening kickoff and pushed 80 yards in 11 plays, benefiting from two Georgia penalties that helped keep the drive moving.
Miller was called for pass interference in the end zone, and there was no excuse for Akeem Dent delivering a blow to Wilson’s face, which negated a fumble that Georgia recovered. Two plays later, Mark Ingram scored on a 7-yard run.

The Tide was just getting started.

Georgia was called for two more crucial penalties on the visiting team’s next possession—a defensive holding on Miller and another blatant roughing-the-passer penalty, this time on Jarius Wynn. The Bulldogs managed to make the Tide to settle for Tiffin’s 23-yard field goal.

After Brian Mimbs shanked a 19-yard punt, Wilson hooked up with Jones for 31 yards and Coffee finished off the drive with a 3-yard touchdown.

The Bulldogs couldn’t do anything right. A.J. Green, the freshman receiver coming off a huge game at Arizona State, had the ball stripped away after a catch. Dont’a Hightower, Alabama’s star freshman on defense, grabbed it out of the air and started another Tide possession on Georgia’s side of the field, this time at the 33.
On third-and-goal at the 4, Roy Upchurch burst up the middle and into the end zone untouched

:cheers:

Nut, respectively disagree.

Georgia destructed in the UF game moreso than the Bama game. Saw Georgia drive down twice 1st quarter and I think miss two field goal chippies just like TCU. Georgia had an interception in their hands for pick 6 and dropped it kept UF TD drive alive. Think 15 yard penalty also kept an early 1st quarter UF drive alive. Georgia had a punt return in the Bama game just to get in it halfway as well.

Bama > UF

UF is sexy trendy pick right now. They are not as good as they have looked the last two games, not by a longshot.

Bama offense is different than UF and Georgia that's only reason I think this is a close game. Those two performances need to be mentioned though as a reason why people are betting Bama. I disagree with that reasoning but I still like Bama.

Give me the more phsical team that runs the ball like no other all day. And the better defense to boot. Bama not sexy but since I've followed sports that's the team that gets the hardware.

Bama and UF are in opposite divisions at least so we will see it play out on the field

From what I saw in the Geogria - Bama game Bama really really came out and pounded it down Georgia's throat. Penalties aside, Bama lined up and ran it right at Georgia and said you wanna piece of this shit. The Dline collapsed.

I CANNOT TELL YOU how impressive that is IMO. Same thing with a good Clemson Dline.

Just come out f'ing dominate the trenches.

Bama win more impressive than UF win over Georgia I still say.

Bama isnt that good running the ball though and they played weak competition . Plus Coffee is questionable. Bama has all these big runs vs bad defenses. Bama is untested IMO .

Bama could certainly beat UF. I dont think any of these teams are sexy because they all have to many flaws. Also Georgia played a game closer to away then neutral while LSU is home here.

I understand your points and its not about right or wrong solely about expectations. Bama IMO will not run the ball easily . Moreno had 1 big run which was thanks to poor tackling .

Good defense is always important but unfortunately thats what you are paying for a defense . Which is why I wont lay points with teams like that . I see this game as PKem and gladly take +4 -120.

I think the most important matchup to look at is the game @ Tenny . The Vols have any kind of offense its a close game to the end . They had 3 chances to socre in teh 1st H and yet get just 3 points . They should have scored a TD on the opening possession and repeatedly went backwards thanks to penalties , then miss 2 FGs . Cant waste chances ....

If people need to look at LSU game for offense though completely different but the same type effeciency level check out LSU @ SoCarolina .

GL...BAMA by 3 is fine by me!

Also think Bama's run defense getting to much credit . Scott is a real solid back and see no reason why he cant mirror what the Bama backs do. Bama played bad teams and usually had leads on the decent ones taking out the run equation.

SportsNut (and everyone, of course)...any thoughts on the Ohio St (-10.5 and a total of 41.5) at Northwestern today?

Back