Sunday sept 2nd discussion thread

We did make Iglesias work really hard yesterday so maybe just maybe he will struggle to get ball in zone.

Hey we hit the over!! Not way I drew it up but beats the hell out of losing both!!! Lol

We did make Iglesias work really hard yesterday so maybe just maybe he will struggle to get ball in zone.

Hey we hit the over!! Not way I drew it up but beats the hell out of losing both!!! Lol

Word.. I was thinking the cards bats come to play today after yesterday

If cards do find their way into playoffs I’m not real comfy with Norris being closer even tho he been really good. His stuff just not great. I’m ready for hicks to take over the closer role!!

Word.. I was thinking the cards bats come to play today after yesterday

When we got into their pen in 4th I was like “hell yea exactly what I expected, now we tee off on reds piss poor middle relief”, didn’t exactly work out that way... no excuse but I was little worried when I saw Ozuna was back and our lineup. Imo O’Neal should be playing left and Ozuna can kick rocks!!

When we got into their pen in 4th I was like “hell yea exactly what I expected, now we tee off on reds piss poor middle relief”, didn’t exactly work out that way... no excuse but I was little worried when I saw Ozuna was back and our lineup. Imo O’Neal should be playing left and Ozuna can kick rocks!!

They need get him at bats for the stretch run so can’t really complain too too much.

They need get him at bats for the stretch run so can’t really complain too too much.

I’d just rather the outfield include O’Neal and bader every day. If they want to accomplish that by bringing Martinez back to 1st w carp at 3rd I’m ok with that (even tho that really hurts our infield defense) and have a Ozuna, Bader, O’Neal outfield that fine. But if Martinez gonna play right then imo Ozuna should be on bench cause O’Neal the better option offensively and defensively.

I’d just rather the outfield include O’Neal and bader every day. If they want to accomplish that by bringing Martinez back to 1st w carp at 3rd I’m ok with that (even tho that really hurts our infield defense) and have a Ozuna, Bader, O’Neal outfield that fine. But if Martinez gonna play right then imo Ozuna should be on bench cause O’Neal the better option offensively and defensively.

You don’t want Carp back at third. I’d take Martinez coming off the bench versus Ozuna. Ozuna better defensively by far no?

You don’t want Carp back at third. I’d take Martinez coming off the bench versus Ozuna. Ozuna better defensively by far no?

Ugh, I dunno. Prob but Martinez hasn’t really hurt us in right and Ozuna d has been pretty garbage, lately he has taken better angles but he can’t throw and pretty much daily I catch myself saying “how this dude win a gold glove”. I’d honesrky rather Ozuna on bench with O’Neal, badar, martenez outfield I think.

Bank knows so uch about the cards!!

I appreciate it but Sure didn’t see them losing this series to the team that been our whipping boys all year. Had I known Ozuna and wisdom were gonna be in while O’Neal was out I’d have prob felt less confident about it, lol.

2marro gonna be a heck off a pitching matchup. My boy flaherty vs scherzer. I gottta do some capping but oh man it gonna be tough not to take flaherty close to +150!!!

It happens bank, it's a marathon broski, happy labor day

Oh I know it.. I just been so insanely hot with cards totals and sides it just felt deflating to miss on this one. Especially when I was so close to having it pegged, from weaver struggling, both starters being gone before 5th, That leadoff double in 9th comes in bottom of 8th and we prob hit the score right on the head again!! Pretty much everything went right except cards not hitting reds middle relief which my nephews little league team could probably do from time to time anyways!! lol.. oh well onward and upward. Got the total and yanks total so not as if day was even bad, just a cunt hair from being really good!! :)

Descanslo with the homer ...

Roberts bringing in Kenley in a non save situation + down a run... head scratcher here

Shit just saw that Ohtani is pitching in Houston tonight.. big ass dog but Houston needs to win.. hard to take him on his first start in months

Archie Bradley vs Matt Kemp Round 2!!

Runners on 2nd & 3rd, 1 Out..

1st place in the Wild Wild West up for grabs...

Doyers Win Doyers Win!!

Man am I glad I took the dbags rl all series and didn’t get gready w any of the money lines. Wow doyers beat them late every game of that series other than gm1 zona won!! So much for dbags pen being a strength huh?!,?,?!,! Lol

Man am I glad I took the dbags rl all series and didn’t get gready w any of the money lines. Wow doyers beat them late every game of that series other than gm1 zona won!! So much for dbags pen being a strength huh?!,?,?!,! Lol

Their pen still ranks near top of the league. Clutch hitting from Doyers just got them by a smidgen last three games. Kemp in particular against Archie Bradley.. I was shocked af when they brought him in to face Kemp after the 3 run shot last night, he doubles today to get the walk off.. sick tight ass close af games all weekend.. pitchers duel then late inning heroics.. #LADetermined

Descanslo with the homer ...

Roberts bringing in Kenley in a non save situation + down a run... head scratcher here

It’s incredible what kind of player descalso has become, don’t get me wrong he was always a tough nosed gritty SOB I was happy to have on our cards teams but never would believed he become a .800+ ops guy who for a large part of 1st half of this season was hitting 4th or 5th on a contender!!! Good for him but gotta say one would be naive to not wonder if he was chemically enhancing his abilities!! Certainly no judging, im a big fan of juice and think they should all do it!! :)

It’s incredible what kind of player descalso has become, don’t get me wrong he was always a tough nosed gritty SOB I was happy to have on our cards teams but never would believed he become a .800+ ops guy who for a large part of 1st half of this season was hitting 4th or 5th on a contender!!! Good for him but gotta say one would be naive to not wonder if he was chemically enhancing his abilities!! Certainly no judging, im a big fan of juice and think they should all do it!! :)

If ya ain’t cheatin’ ya ain’t tryin’ ... (just don’t get caught!)

Their pen still ranks near top of the league. Clutch hitting from Doyers just got them by a smidgen last three games. Kemp in particular against Archie Bradley.. I was shocked af when they brought him in to face Kemp after the 3 run shot last night, he doubles today to get the walk off.. sick tight ass close af games all weekend.. pitchers duel then late inning heroics.. #LADetermined

Yea they still rank very high but are they still really performing at that level or have the numbers from early season just masking what they have done of late? Serious question as I’m not sure.. I know season long numbers just show cards to be middle of pack pen (which huge step up from bottom third they were in 1st half) but think we can all agree cards pen right now and going into the playoffs is one of the most scary and talented pens in the league!!!! (Of all the surprises this season has brought I think this may be the biggest, I talked some of thinking cards pen could become pretty good but never would have guessed it would be what it is now, a pen that could carry them very deep into playoffs!!)..

If ya ain’t cheatin’ ya ain’t tryin’ ... (just don’t get caught!)

Not sure why doing something to improve yourself would be so frowned upon? Lol. Seriously tho, we such hypocrites in this country! I actually have a felony for having one shot of testosterone but I hear 10 commercials a day about these clinics where you don’t even have to make dr visits they will send the test right to your door!!!! Lol

Yea they still rank very high but are they still really performing at that level or have the numbers from early season just masking what they have done of late? Serious question as I’m not sure.. I know season long numbers just show cards to be middle of pack pen (which huge step up from bottom third they were in 1st half) but think we can all agree cards pen right now and going into the playoffs is one of the most scary and talented pens in the league!!!! (Of all the surprises this season has brought I think this may be the biggest, I talked some of thinking cards pen could become pretty good but never would have guessed it would be what it is now, a pen that could carry them very deep into playoffs!!)..

That’s very true. Would need to look up their numbers last couple months versus beginning of the season.

Cards pen is scary good. Heaters coming at 97-100 ... unhittable.. they froze the doyers bats when y’all swept us last week or two weeks ago.. had our batters standing there and watching, didn’t even bother swinging.. I was yelling at the tv.. “wtf you looking for besides fastball.. get started early and at least try mf!”

That’s very true. Would need to look up their numbers last couple months versus beginning of the season.

Cards pen is scary good. Heaters coming at 97-100 ... unhittable.. they froze the doyers bats when y’all swept us last week or two weeks ago.. had our batters standing there and watching, didn’t even bother swinging.. I was yelling at the tv.. “wtf you looking for besides fastball.. get started early and at least try mf!”

Lol, yea they are not only incredibly talented but incredibly deep! We can now shorten a game every bit as well as any of the great pens that have propelled teams the last several post seasons. We got Carlos Martinez coming out the pen for Christ sakes! Hudson a future top end starter w 95-97 sinker that drops off the table at the plate, his biggest problem seems to be too much movement at times so he can’t locate for strikes (when he struggling), then he has that slider that ducks and dives the opposite direction, wtf a hitter to do?? Oh yea then we have hicks who gets out of bed hitting 100mph on the gun! Few weeks ago he had a game vs phils where he was hitting 104-105 pitch after pitch, Ive never seen anything like it!!! Guy we got from jays who I thought had really nice stuff just came back too, Leone looked like a stud last year and was excited to have him, by now I forgot about and here he is, just another weapon!!!

Think I’ve always been far more realist than Pom Pom waver fan, can’t stand the type that think being a fan means you can’t be honest about your squad! I buy tickets plenty of times a year, I have multiple jerseys and hats, even buy a few 10 dollar beers when I go. I’m just as big a fan as the idiots who think I’m not loyal cause I’ll bet against us and am willing to point out their flaws!! Imo if all the fans were Pom Pom waving delusional retards the team would never have any incentive to try to improve!!! Lol. That said this team can potentially win any series vs any NL squad at the moment imo. Cards/Cubs in a 7 gamer could be epic this year!!

Lol, yea they are not only incredibly talented but incredibly deep! We can now shorten a game every bit as well as any of the great pens that have propelled teams the last several post seasons. We got Carlos Martinez coming out the pen for Christ sakes! Hudson a future top end starter w 95-97 sinker that drops off the table at the plate, his biggest problem seems to be too much movement at times so he can’t locate for strikes (when he struggling), then he has that slider that ducks and dives the opposite direction, wtf a hitter to do?? Oh yea then we have hicks who gets out of bed hitting 100mph on the gun! Few weeks ago he had a game vs phils where he was hitting 104-105 pitch after pitch, Ive never seen anything like it!!! Guy we got from jays who I thought had really nice stuff just came back too, Leone looked like a stud last year and was excited to have him, by now I forgot about and here he is, just another weapon!!!

Think I’ve always been far more realist than Pom Pom waver fan, can’t stand the type that think being a fan means you can’t be honest about your squad! I buy tickets plenty of times a year, I have multiple jerseys and hats, even buy a few 10 dollar beers when I go. I’m just as big a fan as the idiots who think I’m not loyal cause I’ll bet against us and am willing to point out their flaws!! Imo if all the fans were Pom Pom waving delusional retards the team would never have any incentive to try to improve!!! Lol. That said this team can potentially win any series vs any NL squad at the moment imo. Cards/Cubs in a 7 gamer could be epic this year!!

10 dollar beers? I’ll take that all day at Chavez Ravine... think it’s like 14 for domestic and 18 for craft & shots is about 20 lol

10 dollar beers? I’ll take that all day at Chavez Ravine... think it’s like 14 for domestic and 18 for craft & shots is about 20 lol

Good god, I didn’t realize others actually paid more!! That just sick!!! That why I generally bring a couple gatorades filled w vodka in small cooler! Lol.

Good god, I didn’t realize others actually paid more!! That just sick!!! That why I generally bring a couple gatorades filled w vodka in small cooler! Lol.

Yup defo need pre game before going to Doyers stadium.. it’s pointless trying to pay to get drunk in there, be more mad than anything else

Back