Sunday sept 2nd discussion thread

2daBank

Voice of Reason
Been slacking on posting the last week, just needed a little break as I don’t typically stick w bases this deep into the season.

Cards going for their 11th maybe 12th straight series win!! they were dominated in gm 2 by a pitcher we all know has that filthy stuff we just caught him on a night he had it all working. Basically impossible to trust weaver at this price but since Ross did the heavy lifting all our stud pen arms will be ready to go at 1st sign of trouble out of weaver I would imagine. What I would trust is cards offense to bounce back vs this kid who they have beaten up on this season and who allows a lot of bombs.. neither starter is gonna go deep into this game imo which is where that -150ish price tag comes in as once the pens get involved it huge advantage cards. I don’t like playing favs of this size but don’t mind playing the rl here in a game I think goes over fairly easily. The +130 makes the run line a must for me along with the over but I’d rather sell it to o9 at plus money than pay any juice on the 8.5.

Think reds should get 3 off weaver and have him gone by 4th, could get more but just doubt Shildt leave him out there for any more damage than that. Toss up if cincy can plate a 4th vs cards pen. I like cards offense to run reds starter by sometime in 5th and think flood gates will open on reds middle relief in something like a 7-4 game.

Lynn pitching in daytime in Bronx again and bombers gettin to face a lefty. Over please :)

Pretty much all I got thus far. Considering rox after finally getting my money back in that series but need to look closer at pads pitcher as rox offense still not exactly back on track. Havnt checked ump there yet either. Maybe under worth another look in this series??

Played a cards/rox ml parlay. Looks really solid. Expect Freeland to continue churning out QS’s and rox offense should do just enough, they gotta salvage a split here while zona and lad beat up on each other.

Guys I don’t even know why he coming back out of pen to start honestly. All I can think of is cards gonna treat this like a Rays game just w way more talent coming out of the pen after weaver goes 3 innings or whatever.

Oh, I was talking about both Freeland and Nix who are starting on 3 days rest. Nix went 8 innings last game too.. I'm confused.

Oh, I was talking about both Freeland and Nix who are starting on 3 days rest. Nix went 8 innings last game too.. I'm confused.

Holy crap, I didn’t even notice that bout Freeland. That makes no sense. I was thinking weaver might have pitched out of pen 2-3 days ago when I read ya’ll talking bout..

That does seem rather odd in the rox/pods game

There 31 days in aug so Freeland is on 4 correct? Last started 28th, so 29-30-31-1, that 4 by my count.

You guys got me all confused, I need my coffee before I get into all these numbers!! Lol

Went w o9 +105 in St. Louis, was very tempted to go 9.5 +130 but as I mentioned little concerned w reds output if and when Shildt yanks weaver at 1st sign of trouble. Weaver in the day and at home has had some issues, little tougher to cap him since he been coming out of pen and just pitched a inning few days ago. Ross giving us those 3-4 innings yesterday really set cards up to have all pen hands on deck in this one, only reason this number where it at imo as once weaver gets taken out I have serious doubts reds score another run (maybe 1 but certainly wouldn’t expect any more than that).. cards offense should run Desclafani early in which case we should put up a pretty big number vs their middle relief, Iglesias had to get 4 pretty high leverage outs (well the 8th when he came in to put out the fire anyways, Jose Martinez really bailed him out swinging at some crap in the dirt on a 2-2 count and runners already all over bases)and threw 28 pitches in doing so. Makes me think reds only truly scary weapon in their pen won’t be in this one..

I’d be absolutely stunned if cards finished this home stand getting their series wins streak snapped by our whipping boys! Run line at +135 a must imo even tho I hate giving the 1.5 and even more so at home. I have cards money line involved in about 3u worth of parlays! Lol

I too went over 9 +105 in StL, like your thoughts banker and you generally nail Cards games. Also went under 7 +120 in Dbacks/Dodgers. BOL brotha.

Thanks bro. Outside last season where I struggled with them which I mostly blame on matheny! Lol. Not to brag but I’ve been up over 60% on cards totals 4 of last 5 years. And since Shildt has taken over I been absolutely shredding these totals (along w sides which been pretty easy as I’m mostly just chasing cards to get 2 wins every series! Lol). Probably the kiss of death on this one now that I’m talking myself up, lol.. really only way I see this not hitting 10+ is weaver shocking me and going 4-5 shutout innings, in that case we be in real trouble, we be in middle innings w cards having runners on base every inning preying they bust it open and get us 8-9 runs! Lol (which is certainly possible tho).

I’ve been playing dbags +1.5 all series which thankfully I’ve went that route as they keep losing those games to doyers late.. agree w the potential for another low scoring affair, just starting to look at it and trying to decide between the under or dbags rl again?

Gl today brother.

How did you do with college fb yesterday? I was busy during day and didn’t play anything till the late night games, hit w BYU, asu, and the one I loved which was the over in Hawaii,, navy shitting the bed cost me a heap of RR parlays but hell I’ll happily take 3-1 all day every day especially when I just skimmed bunch of the smart ctg guys threads and picked and choose what looked good to me (always greatful for the wealth of ncaa knowledge these guys share as I’ve never had the time to know so much about these teams coming into the season, thanks to ya’ll I don’t even have to!!!!))). Did you start a ncaa thread across th me street? If so I will be stopping by shortly!!

Not gonna lie, I did not see cards lineup as obviously I capped this last night. I am not thrilled at all with it!! Fuckin Ozuna back so instantly he hitting cleanup and red hot oneal out of lineup. And freakin wisdom in game??? Ugh. Not saying we can’t still cash them all but I can honestly say this lineup would have toned down my confidence and wager size. Fuck

Boston trying to coast into postseason...

Helping the Tigers out though if they let CWS beat them today.

#DraftPick

Well we got just what we were looking for, a pen game by the 4th. Kinda wish reds would have gotten 1 more off weaver for the over but maybe we still get there.

Thanks bro. Outside last season where I struggled with them which I mostly blame on matheny! Lol. Not to brag but I’ve been up over 60% on cards totals 4 of last 5 years. And since Shildt has taken over I been absolutely shredding these totals (along w sides which been pretty easy as I’m mostly just chasing cards to get 2 wins every series! Lol). Probably the kiss of death on this one now that I’m talking myself up, lol.. really only way I see this not hitting 10+ is weaver shocking me and going 4-5 shutout innings, in that case we be in real trouble, we be in middle innings w cards having runners on base every inning preying they bust it open and get us 8-9 runs! Lol (which is certainly possible tho).

I’ve been playing dbags +1.5 all series which thankfully I’ve went that route as they keep losing those games to doyers late.. agree w the potential for another low scoring affair, just starting to look at it and trying to decide between the under or dbags rl again?

Gl today brother.

How did you do with college fb yesterday? I was busy during day and didn’t play anything till the late night games, hit w BYU, asu, and the one I loved which was the over in Hawaii,, navy shitting the bed cost me a heap of RR parlays but hell I’ll happily take 3-1 all day every day especially when I just skimmed bunch of the smart ctg guys threads and picked and choose what looked good to me (always greatful for the wealth of ncaa knowledge these guys share as I’ve never had the time to know so much about these teams coming into the season, thanks to ya’ll I don’t even have to!!!!))). Did you start a ncaa thread across th me street? If so I will be stopping by shortly!!

Yeah, my thread is up. I think i just keep it there out of inertia, as there's little discussion. CTG discussion is the best hands down, should probably move my threads over here. Was on that Navy over, great way to end the day. Went 0-1 Thursday, 2-2 Friday, 3-2 yesterday, so 5-5 down -0.45u. Have 2u on game tonight, 1u on LSU TT under 22' and 1u on game under 45 +116.

Yeah, my thread is up. I think i just keep it there out of inertia, as there's little discussion. CTG discussion is the best hands down, should probably move my threads over here. Was on that Navy over, great way to end the day. Went 0-1 Thursday, 2-2 Friday, 3-2 yesterday, so 5-5 down -0.45u. Have 2u on game tonight, 1u on LSU TT under 22' and 1u on game under 45 +116.

Yea I still do most my season long (if I do them) over at the other place too. Think it just cause there so many guys I’ve come to know and like over the years over there that always ask me when I’m starting the thread.. maybe some of it is while I appreciate the hell out of how ctg keeps the trash away if I’m being honest with myself sometimes I enjoy burying a few trolls with unregulated uncalled for crazy talk!! Lol. Last season tho I actually shut down my nfl thread toward the end cause for 1st time ever I couldn’t keep the trolls in line, seems last year one or 2 should have been aborted piles of crap gave courage to my secret admire hate club and they just totally destroyed the thread to point we couldn’t even have a discussion without weeding thru 2 pages of trash...

Ultimately I feel (or hope at least) what I contribute to the discussion threads here is of more value to some than what my season long tracking would be. As you know I try to keep my season long nfl threads much more discussion based than worrying about just posting plays wanting anyone to blindly tail anyways. I hate the idea of guys wanting to blindly tail, much rather they took something away from the discussion and made their own decisions that I hopefully made easier by presenting things others may not have thought of.

My cardinals run going down in flames. Cmon you fuckers, I can’t have a side and total loss here! Shit

That inning was brutal, leadoff walk, then Adams smokes a line drive right at 1st baseman for a double play. Then carp rips one right at 1st baseman again.. couldn’t have much more of a unlucky inning there w a walk and 2 balls absolutely scorched.. fuck

That inning was brutal, leadoff walk, then Adams smokes a line drive right at 1st baseman for a double play. Then carp rips one right at 1st baseman again.. couldn’t have much more of a unlucky inning there w a walk and 2 balls absolutely scorched.. fuck

Just need one big inning..

I like it makes me want to reverse rl some

Nice call if you played it. Pretty rough push on over. Cubs strand Leadoff triple, Phils 8 hits and get nada, including the first inning where dude got thrown out trying to stretch into a Leadoff triple.

Cards load bases one inning too late for the over .. need a homer

If we could have just gotten that Munoz double in 8th we win 7-3 and I look like genius! Lol...

I was kinda hoping Martinez struck out thinking Ozuna or Dejung better chance to hit the walk of slam but now I’m just like “fuck win it already!”... now fuck the cards let’s push it over the total. Can’t believe they let reds crappy pen off hook 2 innings in a row.

Back