Sunday NBA...

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
11-7 +11.10 units

Alright, last two nights have been winning ones after a two day slump. Lets see what we can do for Sunday. Sorry for being short on time yesterday. This thread should be a little better.

Toronto -3 -110 3 units
New York O207.5 -110 2 units

I like this spot for Toronto. Both teams are coming off a day of rest. The Raptors do go to Boston Monday night. That was a concern for at first but they need to right the ship after getting hammered pretty well in Atlanta. That was after the home loss to Detroit. Basically, they are playing a bad team and do not want to go into Boston looking to snap a losing streak. Charlotte on the other hand got their "suprise" win the other night versus CP3 and the Hornets. Luckily I layed off that game as I liked it a bit and almost added. Matchup wise I think Bosh and O'Neal will really control this game. Its a early game so I would also lean under here. It's set at 183. I forsee a game thats like 92-82 in favor of the Raptors.

We have wentr 2-0 on Knicks overs played this year. Its a lot about consistentsy with this team and the matchup is always key as well. We get the Utah Jazz. Routinely the best shooting team in the league they should get plenty of high-percentage opportunities. Their defense isn't all that swell and as long as NY can knock down some jumpers we should be fine. Wasn't going to play at first thinking this was a noon game at MSG. Its actually a 3:00 tip though. Still a bit early for Utah but I think it will be fine. Both teams should get to century mark. Lets say Utah 108-106.

Detroit-Boston Thoughts to come later. It is one of those great situations as far as revenge at home off a playoff loss. That being said, I stay away for most part games involving teams that have just made trades.

Gl mate, glad you posted early, Now rethinking my craptor bet.

Can I also get your thoughts on mavs? Thanks!

BAR I agree with the Detroit angle you mentioned and can add that this is even stronger situation in which a team that made a trade for an all star, lost the first game and now comes to the second one, in front of home crowd. Iverson will try to get to a good start with the fans, the fans will be cheering for him, Pistons all the way should be the right bet here.

DuY!, I looked at Mavs and do lean that way in all honesty. That being a later game I will look more tomorrow. In all honesty, after a long day of CFB ups and downs its time for the big guy to relax and have a couple scotches :)

Devil, thanks man...gl tomorrow

Divol, still looking. They are getting comfortable with each other. I got a lot of thoughts. Heres whats really nice though. Detroit is going to get into the bonus so much more now with AI's attacking style. We saw that a bit Friday night. Angling to try and get down there for game tomorrow night. Still in the works.

Ally, thanks brah. GL tomorrow.

How bout your boys tomorrow against Boston? Line is right where it needs to be IMO so it's probably just a good game to watch and not bet to see how your team stacks up against the champs. Good luck on the 2 you got in.

btw BAR, last season, if I remember correctly, Raptors did awfully in Sunday's early games (lost all their games or almost all the games, including home games to Boston and GSW).

btw BAR, last season, if I remember correctly, Raptors did awfully in Sunday's early games (lost all their games or almost all the games, including home games to Boston and GSW).

Don't mean to butt in, but I think your right. I don't remember the Raps winning any of the afternoon games I went to at the ACC.

Another weird observation I've made here in Toronto is that the Raps always lost whenever we had a serious snow storm. They always came out flat. Not sure if it'll be worth anything this year, lol.

attachment.php

Gl today Weeno

already hit the total...like it:popcorn:

I agree having AI changes the dimension of tha game, his attacking style should help scoring and penalty freebies. AI always had good games against us while in Philly.
Now will his wanting to fit in and mesh with Rip and Sheed take away his aggressive-ness tryin to set up them and not look for his shot and his shoot first mentality? I think it'll take a lil time to feel comfortable mingling styles but imma sure u'll know better then I.

As for the Celts, the Big 3 have said all the right things about the trade. We can't worry about what Detriot does...blah...blah...blah but u know it's has re-energized them. Last year, they kept they intensity thru-out the season and never let up cause they were trying to achieve a goal and mesh styles and after winning the title, sometimes the mentality can wane some.
They know now that they have a serious threat in Detriot, AI brings a diff flavor and thought process then the BIG SLOWDOWN, not that there wasn't before but you know that pros NEED a motivator/slight/reason and this will motivate KG, Pauly to bring it esp against the top teams like Detriot during the reg season.
Like the Houston game, lots pub was on Rockets for Artest and their record and their "BIG 3", Celts came out with purpose and showed they are still the champs.
Now facing Detriot's new "BIG 3", the intensity level will be there.:pillow:

BIG TICKET +3 is too good to pass for me, I'll also tickle ML
anytime I can grab Celts with points i have too really consider it:tiphat:

sorry to clutter your thread...just some thoughts:shake:

some quotes:

Said Allen: “It remains to be seen how they’ll adjust, but (Iverson) is one of the best at what he does. It’s even going to be tough for us, because we have to get to know a different Detroit team now.”

“Obviously he does more with the ball, and a lot more attacking off the dribble,” Rivers said. “They’re going to be a different team, obviously. He's taking the reins of a playoff-tested veteran team now, it'll change our approach and mentality"

The Celtics went 2-1 against Detroit last season, but the Pistons have won 14 of the last 17 matchups in this series

Like the Raptors in this spot as well.

And the 1:00 start wont be a deal for Toronto as they usually play at that time on Sunday's throughout the season.

The Celtics went 2-1 against Detroit last season

Relevant

but the Pistons have won 14 of the last 17 matchups in this series

Irrelevant

Did anyone watch Detroit New Jersey on Friday??? How did Detroit look with Iverson running the point?? Looking at box scores it looked like he started at the 1. From just looking at numbers it looks like they got outclassed by New Jersey, which is bad. I feel that teams trading for a new point guard will have the toughest time transitioning since EVERYTHING runs through them. It looks like Detroit is gonna need some time to get thier shit running right with Iverson. I wonder if it would be better for Detroit to have Iverson come in at the 2 and have Stucky play the 1 for the time being.

Disagree with most of you and agree with Ret, C's are the play here.

Any thoughts on OKC +4 today BAR? Seems that Vegas is thinking ATL will be caught in a little flat spot here in their first game without Smith. Watched last Sunday's game on League Pass vs Minny and the atmosphere was awesome in the Ford Center. But then again, it IS a Sunday night in OKC...

I actually lean that way now.

I prolly won't play but I would say its got a fair shot indeed.

No doubt RJ

watching a bit of the Raps game...could be under of year...offense horrid..especially CHAR

BAR I missed the tipoff in the Toronto game. Do you suggest getting involved at half

I have been watching off and on...its ugly so far.

I would lay low...lemme look at the line though

at -4 -115 I think its an okay play

I do expect them to win still

So far it the bench play that has decided this game.

BAR, as you could probably see, I'm pretty locked on Pistons to night, but when it comes to them, I think your are the expert, so I would like to read your thoughts on the game.

BAR, as you could probably see, I'm pretty locked on Pistons to night, but when it comes to them, I think your are the expert, so I would like to read your thoughts on the game.

I'll get some up in a little bit

53-49 at the half.

First 8 minutes of 2nd qtr hurt us a bit but still right in it.

Jazz shooting 58 percent but the Knicks have committed just 5 fouls and that has led to very few FT attempts.

Knicks barely over 30 percent but still have 49.

Feel good heading into the 2nd half.

watched this whole first half. beg-mid 2nd qt killed

still lookin good as u said

High intensity start at the Palace..

great start for under backers...

AI is the least nervous out there for both teams..lol...

Who the hell does rodney Stuckey think he is keeping AI's #3 from him? What an asshole

that guys on my shitlist now...

Back