Sunday NBA

SportsNut

Breaking it down briefly
Oh the Kings....consecutive late nite collapses keep me away from 14-0 on sides past 2 days......still a solid day with +30 units.....

Golden State @ Toronto

Dont have much at the moment but the Warriors be on like 10 AM time for this one...they couldnt win close games in Sea and Pho why WIN here...?? Gs is 1-7 away and Tor 6-3 and on a big ATS run...

Thats all for now tired and late..be back in the AM...

sport,

GS has won 4 out of the last 5 against the Raps. Toronto last 5 they have averaged 85ppg. GS should of been in Toronto all day today so should be rested.

Rested isnt my angle though..more a body clock issue that you cant overcome in a day...Tor plays well in these Sunday afternoon early starts cause visitors are always at this disadvantage...Raps playing DEF now..

I just think Tor has some value w/o Bosh now and GS is playing w/o Murphy and Richardson still is dependent on Baron davis and they face a kid TJ Ford who prides himslef on defense...they crushed SEA early w/o Allen and couldnt win SU now after baron Davis who scares me........Ellis , Barnes , Pietrus , Beidrins , Dunleavy...a solid core of players but guys I want to see beat me...Tor still has some size...

Past games for Tor mean litle since they had James ,Villanueva , and so on..new Tor squad IMO...

Not the strongest of leans but just that now...GL chat in the AM

LOL, I think without Bosh these guys are kind of lost and don't have a go to man. If GS gets rolling they can put up points. TJ might try to stop Davis but he is way to small and Davis will take him to the post more than likely. TJ will probably see a lot of time on Monta Ellis.

Adding more info. Toronto hasn't won 3 games all yr long and I'm unsure of weather it happens with Bosh out.

I understand the time zone angle, some teams can handle different time zone changes over a few days. It didn't seem to bother a Trailblazer team that came into the ACC and soundly beat the Raptors last Sunday. Plus, the loss of Fred Jones due to a calf injury concerns me too - without Bosh and Jones, that is a very short bench for the Raptors. But the one factor that is really pushing me to back the Warriors is that Raptors have not been able to play well against a west coast team at all this season. Even though the Warriors have a terrible road record - those games were played against good (with the exception of Seattle) west coast teams. I just don't have a lot of respect for the Raptors as of yet, they played well against a sliding Magic team on the road and were able to fend off a Jefferson-less Nets team at home. I am not willing to back them without Bosh/Jones against a team with the firepower of the Warriors. Even with the swiss cheese D of the Warriors, the Raps will not be able to match the Warriors point for point w/o Bosh.

GS is an extremely high scoring team, currently avg 110ppg against a struggling offensive team in toronto only avg 86ppg the last 5 games. GS will score their pts in this game, and im pretty sure toronto will be scoring past more than their avg of 86. Im just not so sure whether the raps will keep up with the warriors. Of course issues to be considered is the road losing streak of GS at 0-6SU. Monta Ellis has definitely stepped up his game after richardson's injury and i think the warriors have a real shot at this. GL.

2 things seem inportanr re Toronto. We known Toronto has played reasonable well in day games at Toronto. Does anyone have day results for GS. Is Jones going to play? Right now this game is a pass but could easily see a first half bet on Toronto if GS stinks in a day games or has not played any. Any input from anyone on those 2 things would be useful. GL

affinity said:
I understand the time zone angle, some teams can handle different time zone changes over a few days. It didn't seem to bother a Trailblazer team that came into the ACC and soundly beat the Raptors last Sunday. Plus, the loss of Fred Jones due to a calf injury concerns me too - without Bosh and Jones, that is a very short bench for the Raptors. But the one factor that is really pushing me to back the Warriors is that Raptors have not been able to play well against a west coast team at all this season. Even though the Warriors have a terrible road record - those games were played against good (with the exception of Seattle) west coast teams. I just don't have a lot of respect for the Raptors as of yet, they played well against a sliding Magic team on the road and were able to fend off a Jefferson-less Nets team at home. I am not willing to back them without Bosh/Jones against a team with the firepower of the Warriors. Even with the swiss cheese D of the Warriors, the Raps will not be able to match the Warriors point for point w/o Bosh.

The angle that always seem to be missed in handicapping is the role a team did something. The tremendous difference in what Portland did and what GS must do is expectations and perception. Didnt everyone writeoff Port before that game cause Randolph was out and wasnt Tor still 7 pt favs when that game tipped..? Everything happens under certain contexts. Today GS is expected and must win...according to the line...I am big believer that phrase SITUATION means alot more then just 3rd game in 4 days...Ginobili said it best at Halftime iN NO recently the hardest part about playing a shorthanded team is the pyschology aspect of it...not having that mental letdown...so that Portland game has zero
bearing on this game IMO...

I am not all trusting of Tor but what firepower in GS scares you if Baron Davis is contained by TJ Ford..?? Solid players but no one who scares me...I havent decided what I am doing here but again whether or not played good or bad teams they still havent won and now you would be making a bet where you need them to win...just cause GS played well in Pho as 12 pt dogs doesnt mean they play the same quality game in Tor...gambling would be easy if thats all yo had to figure out...

I understand the reasons to doubt Tor and maybe the uneasiness about my comments. I make plays based on simple criteria's like while a team overperform or underperform here ...and most importantly is this line correct...??

That magic team was sliding but I hadthem last nite versus Cle and they won so yesterday is never a great indicator of today....its always teh surrounding circumstances...a good effort in Pho seems to be selling the Warriors here...well how many like GS going into that game...

GL just playing the contrarian..

Hard to think clearly this early, I just played Toronto first quarter plus .5 minus 1 cent. Su GS is 1-7 this season on the road first quarter and it might help the problem of a short Toronto bench. GL

I have to be short...

Raptors +2.5 -110 (Medium)WIn +2.00 ML +119 (Small)W +1.19
1st H +1 -115 (Small) Win +1.00
Under 52 +105 1st Q (Small) Loss -1.00

Why in the world is anyone concerned about Fred Jones absence...?? Please dont tell be about his talent or ability I am very well aware...they guy had zero pts last game when he got injured and 6 raps cracked DD's and the win in Orl he played 17 minutes and had 5 points...he has had little to do with the Raps coming together now they know Bosh wont be around...I think raps actuallyhave enough role guys to overcome that loss...just give Mo Pete the minutes...

big key here is both teams missing stars but Raps led by 4 in GS to start the 4th but choked...thanks to Dunleavy..

Anyway I cant get excited when GS was smoked in Hou and SA teams who defend which Tor will today...and smoke SEA for half then play falt in the 2nd H...just like I cant get overly excited about a team who loses the 1st Q by 17...I love backing GS but simply cant here.....they dont deserve to be chalk...

Last edited:
Looking good for the game with Toronto up by 8 with 2 seconds left in the first BOL

any 2nd h play or what would you play if you weren't already on something?

Over 97 -111 Jazz (Medium)Win +2.00
Over 195 -110 Indy / Utah (Large)Win +4.00
Jazz ML +112 (Medium) Win +2.24 +2 -110 (Small) Win +1.00

The Pacers have played well but I am not impressed with wins who they played...Utah getting points from an Eastern Conference squad...I dont see it...were talkin an Indy team who was only -2 to Orl and +3 to Det recently..Utah ahs stunk past few away games but different circumstances..the were favored in GS..they had a LAL team looking for payback , and were again favored in Mnny versus a solid team..they handled LAC...IMO they should be looking to get back on the court after the collapse at home versus Sac....

In 10 away games Utah has 102 ++ in 8 of them...Indy has scored at least 100 past 3 at home...

Last edited:
I dont like the mini run GS made late....but as I said GS has not shownme they can win on the road...they are not any deeper then Toronto ..

2nd H
+3 -110 Tor(Small)W+1. ML +156 (Small)L -1.

Last edited:
SportsNut said:
I dont like the mini run GS made late....but as I said GS has not shownme they can win on the road...they are not any deeper then Toronto ..

2nd H
+3 -110 Tor(Small) ML +156 (Small)

I don't know about the deep comment they have four or five guys that can put up 25+ . I think Diuogo threw the chemistry off a little.

Can and will are two different things...and all of those gusy are inconsistent and still unproven..Ellis , Barnes , Biedrins..small sample size...Dunleavy we all know the story and Pietrus hasnt shown consistency...

There is more then just scoring the ball...Warriors are only been playing 6 lately..and Peterson , Bargnani and Calderon IMO are quality players giving qulaity minutes off the bench...GS w/o JRich and Murphy is the Baron and question marks IMO...Diogu played four minutes...??

Gonna wait on Houston... like them butthink after a couple horrific losses Rockets could come out sluggish..not sure Hou deserves to be chalk over anyone away at the moment even the AWFUL LAC...

damn , I didnt see 1st H total only 93.5 in Indy...

Think Utah is the play again as the the wrong team was favored again...but no play...

clippers +1 2nd half is a good bet IMO they are playing hard on both ends also Yao has 3 fouls

sportnut,

those guys just couldn't stop anyone and being in toronto overnight didn't help. I agree they are very inconsistent.

Yeah I agree...not so much they are playing hard and Yao's fouls but more about they should have not been favored here to begin with and Hous had fallen apart in 2nd H's...last 3...GL cakeoff..

ML +103 LAC (Medium)
Under 90.5 -102 (Medium)

ontime23 said:
sportnut,

those guys just couldn't stop anyone and being in toronto overnight didn't help. I agree they are very inconsistent.

I think having a 'feel' of a team is deeper then knowing indivual talent and schemes. Its knowing how they react in situations. Little angles like this is why Joe Public never wins at gambling they dont pay attention to detail...anyone can tell ya GS has more talent then Tor..that doesnt take much...the scenarios that apply to everyday life aplly to atheletes and gambling....playing well as GS did for 3 Q in Pho doesnt translate into the ability to win games..hence the phrase learning how to win...this GS team doesnt know how to win on the road...so if they cant win they you shouldnt back them for now as raod chalk until they somehow become undervalued again...

All I see is Tor gellling as a team and getting contributions from 7 or 8 guys...There are no magic answers each game presents a new challenege and needs a different approach..

hopefully I somehow make sense..

Thanks roondog...

Yeah I expect a low scoring game in DET...Sonics offense misses Allen and DET scored 92 or less 6 of 7 and missing Wallace...Think people will be suprised to see DET struggle here...games really close to a coin flip IMO...

Sonics +7-110 (Medium) Win +2.00 ML +227 (Value)-0.25
Under 190 -102 (Small)Push & Under 98 -106 DEt (Small)Win +1.00
Under 95.5 -102 1st Half (Medium)L-2.04

Last edited:
thecakeoff said:
clippers = :hairout:

At least your not me and had every inention of playing Houston all dayand talked youurself out of it. Then fo kicks you go the oppposite way and waste some of a great start...now that makes you pull your hair out...we all know lAC sucks bad....

not yet really..was thinking LAL and under but really nothing concrete...I am just real aggravated at the moment...getting fucked in my fantasy football playoffs and its pisses me off then this...alot more! Not to mention I should have been on the Rockets and not be a sucker my playing the under in det...I hate making mistakes....

I would expect SEA to wilt in the 2nd H like they did in the 2nd Quarter...I just really dont give a shit so I am gonna alet it ride...

Sorry Roon but GL!

I am fucked cause of Shanhan! Dickhead pulls Tatum Bell for Mike Bell...Not only I am playing Mike bell butthe kid id useless all season and he fucks me! Cutler , Des clark on my bench as well...still alive but now I need alot of help hope for an explosion by Palmer , Ocho Cinco and a dog fa from Wayne..

I did one thing in the LA game. I bet under in the first quarter 53 plus 4 cents. Certainly not obvious since there are a number of strong trends arguing over in the game. But if you look at the games between these 2 teams the first period has been low scoring in 3 of the last 4 games and for some reason recently LA has not been scoring much in the first period. Have seen many high scoring first periods in LA and this may be another one but with a game the next day in Denver do not see why Washington would be forcing the tempo either so this time I will take the low road. GL

Was thinking more about LA and went to Foxsports game replays looking at recent LA first quarters. What seems to be happening is Kobe is taking almost no shots and not hitting the ones he takes and Lamar is not there so they score little the other team does well and the period goes under. Accordingly I increased the under bet which is plus 6 cents currently and bet Washington plus 2 and ML first period as well. Both could easily lose but seem percentage action. GL

Thanks cakeoff...little more relaxed and less aggravated now..BOL..

Thats some great research Tuck....you baited me ionto joining you at least partially ...Wiz have clearly picked up the offense lately but the road opponents were Philly @ NYK...before this they had struggled to crack 90 away....I think Kobes a little flat after dropping 53..as you pointed it out it seems to be a slow starting Kobe....

Under 105.5 -105 1st half in LA(Medium)

Back