SUNDAY MORNING COFFEE--Week 3 Review and Week 4 Line Predictions

Would love to see Purdue at -11. With what I just saw in the Minny defense yesterday Purdue could put up 60

what am I missing with OSU and NW..

NW just lost to Duke..

OSU will be favored by at least 24 at home.

Look at the box. Deceptive score in NW v. Duke.

NW put up over 500 yards of offense against Duke but turned it over 5 times late in drives.

NW should have won easily but for these turnovers.

Why isn't everyone discussing LSU as a possible pick?

I made LSU a 19 pt favorite over South Carolina. Line will be much below that and I'm looking at playing LSU at home as a 10-14 pt favorite.

Great spot for LSU coming off MTSU and getting Tulane the following game. Get to focus on this game and then Florida (game after Tulane).

Thoughts?

My shopping list:

OU -14 or better
L-ville -24 to -28 or better
BC -21 to -24 or better
WVU -17 to -21 or better
Purdue -7 to -10 or better
Kansas -24 to -28 or better
USC -21 or better
Florida -14 or better
Cincy -14 or better
LSU -10 to -14 or better
ASU -7 or better
Oregon -21 or better
Cal -14 or better
TTech -7 or better

I understand RJ, but OSU has one of the best defenses in the country.

I personally am playing South Carolina if I can get a good line. They can win this game...I know, I'm crazy.

South Carolina can win this game, and hopefully that will help LSU get a good line.

You know, we'll see. I haven't been doing too hot on line movement predictions this year. My lines have ended up being pretty sharp on favs.

Should be interesting. I am anxious for these lines more than any other week so far.

I think my original thread got deleted somehow, so I'll ask in here. Anyone for an AIM chat for the opening lines?

I think if the South Carolina game is during the day they can keep it to like 10-13 pts. If it is at night they might lose by 17-20+. I personally hope CBS picks it up. I thought the line would be like LSU-14.5. South Carolina suffered 2 injuries on defense this weekend and if they have any chance at all its with defense so that is something to keep an eye on.

all over PSu at -4

MSU looks good at -4.5

Texas Tech appetizing at -1.5

May consider East carolina at anything more than +28

LSU looks decent at -16

Purdue as well @ -10

Oregon only at -14.5 @ stanford, would consider buying down .5 point.

Kansas at -34 i am still on the fence with. That is a bunch of points for KU to put up.

Week 4 plays for me will come from the following list of games, depending on the lines of course...

OU/Tulsa over (if no higher than low 60's)
Louisville (if no higher than 35-37)
WVU (if no higher than 17-20)
Florida (if no higher than 14)
Navy (if no higher than 4)
BC (if no higher than 17)
Texas Tech (if no higher than 14, or the over if no higher than maybe 70)
MSU (if no higher than 10-14)
Baylor (if no higher than 7-10)
Kansas (if anything reasonable, say 35 or less)
USC (if no higher than 17-21)
Cincy (if no higher than 14)
Purdue (if no higher than 7-10)
Hawaii (if anything reasonable, say 48 or less)

CB, how do you cap baylor? I mean i don't think they have a team plane, i would imagine they would fly, with it comming right around the time around our 1st paper being due, wouldn't that be a distraction because they are college kids still not pros yet? Just asking trying to help b/c i know your good and trying to figure out how you get your info on these small schools.

FG - Here is the cliff notes version of Baylor at Buffalo. Only have a few secs, and there is definitely more to it than this, but this should give you an idea of how I analyze things...

Buffalo is in the bottom quarter percentile basically when it comes to passing defense and pass defense efficiency, and they have yet to play a real passing team their first three games (Temple, PSU, Rutgers). Baylor is top 10 in terms of passing and will be the first real test for the Buffalo secondary. I think getting Baylor at anything under 1 score is value in this one basically. Like I said, more to it than that, but that is a sample of how I am analyzing this matchup. Hope that helps some.

FG - Here is the cliff notes version of Baylor at Buffalo. Only have a few secs, and there is definitely more to it than this, but this should give you an idea of how I analyze things...

Buffalo is in the bottom quarter percentile basically when it comes to passing defense and pass defense efficiency, and they have yet to play a real passing team their first three games (Temple, PSU, Rutgers). Baylor is top 10 in terms of passing and will be the first real test for the Buffalo secondary. I think getting Baylor at anything under 1 score is value in this one basically. Like I said, more to it than that, but that is a sample of how I am analyzing this matchup. Hope that helps some.

Great points CB. I took Temple because I thought they might of been able to pass on Buffalo, you are about to make me take a second shot at Buffalo. There is no way they can go point for point with Baylor, I didn't think the line would be Baylor-4 so I didn't look into it much, I was thinking something unplayable like -13.

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">I just looke at Notre Dames schedule, and they can very easily start off the year 0-8. Thats insane

</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Not insane....music to my ears!:36_11_6:

Cincy - Their defense will have a field day with Marshall. They looked good on offense vs WVU simply because the Mounties defense is suspect. Of course it doesn't help my potential Cincy play that Marshall lost to friggen Maine today. I really meant to get over and see if there was a line on that at 5Dimes, but I ran out of time. Bernie Morris is not very good when he has to react quickly, which he will have to do against the Bearcats. I am not fooled by his numbers vs either WVU or Maine (he only played the last series of the second quarter and the second half). By this time the Wildcats were just playing to not lose, which they almost did. If some of you guys are right and I can get Cincy at 11 or so, I am all over it.

Morris is bad, dont get me wrong. I have probably been one of his bigger bashers! I want him gone from Huntington and yesterday isnt/wasnt soon enough. With that said, his backup Brian Anderson, IMO is totally incompetant. He played briefly against Miami and he played the 1st half against New Ham. and looke pathetic to put it nicely. Mooris may not play against UC! He has a bad foot or turf toe, they are saying both. He was in a walking cast/boot after the game against N.H. A play on UC is very much in the works. If Morris does play, he wont be able to run due to the foot. And we all know that he cant sit there and pick Ds apart. If he doesnt play, Anderson will look miserable like he has this season.

I will find out more about his foot and let you guys know.

Back