Sunday MLB Discussion

Sunday Night Baseball Talk...

Hoping people pull themselves away from the NBA tonight, to talk...

SUNDAY NIGHT BASEBALL!!!

This Atlanta Campillo has been pitching well for the season going 2-0 (Team Record 4-1 When He Pitches) With A 2.15 Season ERA...This Angels Stud Saunders ALSO Pitching Well...9-3 (10-3) Team Record When He Pitches...

Both have been giving up runs lately though...Atlanta won the first two...Can they sweep in Hollywood...?!?!?!(Well...Close Enough...) Or Can The Angels Get The Last One?!

Atlanta +145 Or Angels -147
Over 8.5 -113 Or under +110

Let's Finish The Week End STRONG!!!

:cheers:

Maybe San Fran's problems start at the scouting level. They took Ryan Verdugo in the 9th round. He is a pitcher from LSU that has two pitches and nearly a 4 ERA. He just ruined every bit of momentum LSU had because he can't throw a fucking strike.

I am kinda in that frustrated zone still myself this week. I am just sloppy as shit probably cause I get caught rushing to much. Just pissed away 10 units on the 4 PM games basically on silly shit and tough breaks. I think I had to make up a 23 unit hole at one point this week after Tuesday and the three times I swung to the plus side immediately went south plus without exagerrating would estimate I missed by seconds sonewhere in teh neighborhood of 20 plays this week and doubt if even two lost , it was automatic W if it said OTB. LAL in game 4 killed me , the last two games in MLB yesterday gave back 6 or 7 units , now after another real solid day piss away basically 10 units but thanks to catching zero breaks ...

Had over 8 A's pushed but lost Over 27.5 RHE when it finished on 27 . Had over 9 Seattle lands on 8 with ten million stranded runners and well Ichiro did well getting thrown out in the b4th afte making 2 -1 with Lopez up next then man on 1st and Duke K's 3-2 pitch and the runner is thrown out to which Milledge singles afterwards losing 2 units on that 1st Half over ...silly plays on SFG and SEA while small still pissed away some...

So dont feel alone fellas ...seems I get sloppy after good starts everyday ...

I dont think outside of Tuesday I was below 500 on a day ....

Anyway.... @ LAA

I played the ML not knowing what to expect from each SP. Campillo has sort of regressed after that great start some due to his blister issues which havent been mentioned so assume they may be gone. Bottomline was besides avoiding the sweep ATL is just 2-8 away vs LHSP with a .233 avg . They only won @ Wash vs Lannan and Chico and had co-aces Smoltz and Hudson dealing in those and both guys happen to have excellent career numbers vs Wash.

Braves away vs LHSP :
L3-2 @ Washington (O.Perez)
L12-6 @ Col (Redman) 5 inn 7 h 3r 2er 0bb 3 k
W 3-0 @ Was(Chico)
W 10-2 @ Was (Lannan) 4inn 9h 6r 4bb 2k
L4-0 @ Fla (Olsen)
L6-5 @ Fla (Hendrickson) 5.1 inn 6 3r 2er 3bb 1k
L5-2 @ Pitt (Gorzelanny)
L5-0 @ Pitt (Duke)
L5-0 @ Phily (Hamels )
L10-5 @ Cubs (Lilly) 6.2 inn 4 h 3r 3bb 8k

So 10 starts they scored 5 , 0 , 0 , 2 , 5 , 0 , 10 , 3 , 6, 2

As you can see even the games they scored some it was mostly of the pens only Lannan got rocked. Hendrickson and Redman held there own and Lilly shook off a tough 1st inning and was real solid. LAA pen should be strong with Shields , Arrendondo and KRod .

So really just basing it on the situation of LAA at home trying to avoid a sweep on nat tv , with a SP off a terrible start but in his better situations get 6 days rest and going at night , Atlanta has a spot starter essentially in Campillo which means the bullpen again is called upon , the lack of offense to date vs LHP from Atlanta as well...

Have actually hit with Braves 1st 5 inn ML in games 1 and 2 so havent played LAA yet in this series so certainly not chasing them.

McCann is out as well...

LAA ML(maybe -1.5 RL)

Total ? Over 9 despite the trends is my lean :cheers:

10 road team winners so far - tuck was on the money

I said it in Friday's discussion , IL is all about the road team and the +1.5 RL and thankfully I sat back and thought about today ( after subscribing it to Fri and Sat ) ...so really more about InterLeague then the trend IMO...

InterLeague you have different variables IMO because it really is a new game for each side . :shake:

Wonder if the Celts are a little flat here . Huge comeback like that is draining and they have some banged up players ...

One would think LAL will do its best to avoid losing at home.

I expect the opposite of what people are saying .

Boston should start this with confidence and momentum. LAL is going to have to find a way to flip the momentum and get there confidence back.

1st Q Boston
2Nd Q LAL (lean)
1st H LAL (lean)
Game LAL -7

LAL has led at the half in three of 4 games but interesting is the 2nd H all 4 games has produced the opposite result of the 1st H.

2nd Hs:

gm4 Boston
gm3 Boston
gm2 LAL
gm1 Boston

So would like LAL at half id they fail to cover the 1st H ....LAL depth should win out here

Good Luck Chance . Hard to picture LAL rolling over here though . Checked back and LAL has led in 3 of 4 at half and was down by 6 in the other . Simple logic though BOS ML or LAL - the points they shouldnt matter ....

Boston has won all four 3rd quarters .

Funny now that I look back the 2nd home game in both venues were identical well almost. LAL almost pulled off the greatest comeback and then Boston did it few days later. STRANGE.

Screwed around :

Small plays
1st Boston
2nd Q LAL

Halftime -LAL 1unit
LAL -6.5 -120 game 1unit
Kobe over 30 points prop 1.25 units
3rd Q LAL 1 unit

GL see how it goes! My bok pulled it OTB early otherwise I would have done some more...

Back