Sunday Funday NCAA & NBA Thoughts

SportsNut

Breaking it down briefly
Another up and down nite...

Detriot @ Charlotte

Right now I see value in the home dog and the under. What propels DET's offense is there attempts from the FT line and 3 pt shooting. Well Charlotte tends to keep teams in check from deep but the Pistons should see 30Ft attempts here which could be an easy 22-25 points. I have this line @ -2.5 by my numbers which are more reverse anaylsis.

Trends starting to develop for teams and we see Det 5-1 ATS while Char is 1-7 ATS on 1 days rest. With these teams combining for 191 points when they play in these situations(9-5 Under combined)

After 5 Unders the Bobcays have played 5 overs. There defense allowed 50+% FG to Wiz and last time that happened was actuallyhome to Miami and they rebounded with a tight 41% next game. After the Wiz game and last home game versus Miami I would expect a better effort on defense especially in the early going...which makes Char 1st Quarter and 1st Half Under interesting when it comes out...

Both teams shot well against eachother in the recent meeting and since he total was just 185 you might say they shot over there heads...The Under is 6-2 away for Det and Char has topped 100 jsut once at home. In Wash the Bobcats were also sloppy with the ball so look for interest in keeping turnovers down..

So looking to see how this moves but +4 or better seems to present some value in a so called payback spot when Char played well in DET. Pistons have been favored 3 times away and no team has given Char more then 4. What scares me about a total play is recent FG percentage allowed by both is above 50% past 5.......

Atl @ Portland
Well add Josh Smith to the walking wounded in Atl. Portland as a favorite is scary right now cause they are playing zero defense really. Still though an Under looks attractive IMO...Both teams are one man shows on offense. ATL plays well 4-1 ATS on 1 days rest while Port is just 3-7 ATS .The dog is 8-3 an road team 5-0 ATS. Blazers have won 9 straight in the series though and something like 7 straight at home. Early on Blazer totals were around 185 making overs look attractive now in the 190 range its the opposite IMO....Hawks shot and allow 43 % but with Port recently not playing DEF they are above 50%FG allowed...This is the 1st of a West Coast swing for Atl while this is the last home game for Port before an East coast trip. Blazers have dropped 9 of 11 and o for 9 against teams not from NJ...plus own 1 and 2 pt wins at home...

thinking Hawks and Under....

Orlando @ LAC

right now Clippers stink but at least home. While magic have won 9 of 10 games but off a lucky win @ Portalnd. LAC is just 1-2 ATS in B to B's . Till wee see improvement for LAC why wouldnt you gamble with Orlando as a Dog.. The under looks attractive when you see Magic 1902 under on1 day off.

So again dog and under......

NCAAB

Bradley +7 -110 (1x) L -1.10

Evansville +8.5 -108 (3x)L -3.24

Drake +4 -109 (3x) W +3.

Auburn +10 -110 (1x)W +1.

UTEP +6 -103 (2x)W +2.

Over 144 -110 UVA (5x)L -5.5

VaTech -3 -110 (4x)L -4.4

Riverside _+32 -110 (1x) W +1.

Miami +5 -110 (1x) W +1.00

Stanford ML -116 (8x) W +8.00

Notre Dame +9 -110 (5x) & 3x more if it stays above +7.. Win +8.00 (played it anyway as 85% were on Maryland)

Nevada -1 -110 (2x) OFF THIS PLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DAMN it wonn!!

In its place : Under 140.5 -110 (2x) Cal L -2.20

FSU +8.5 -109 (2x) W

8-5 with FSU pending......+9.56 units

should have done better

Last edited:
NBA

Wolves +3 -115 (6x) ML +123 (1x) Win +7.23

-Expected a PK here and Philly is 0-4 SU on back to backs

Under 193 -110 Philly (5x) Win +5.00

- This is a high total for Minny away and if I expect Wolves to win its has to be there tempo

Under 192 -10 Charlotte (3x) Win +3.00

- I was on the fence about how this game was going worried about late points.. just seems to be a 95 -93 game...

Bobcats +4 -110 (5x) ML +160 (1/2x) Win +5.80

- Pistons are hot but there line seem to be getting fat had 2.5 here...

Magic +3 -115 (6x) CHANGE ML LAC (4x) Net Loss -2.90

- LAC is in a funk and gonna keep riding Orlando.....

Gonna wait till later to round the card..(+17.13 on this page)

Last edited:
2nd H

Hedge

Over 95.5 -102 (1.5x)Philly L -1.53

Over 96.5 +102 (1/2x) Det W +0.56

Add:
Wolves +1.5 -115 (5x) WIn +5.00

Now thats more like it!! Really had loved the UNDER in Charlotte but pussed out some....but 4-0 +21.00 Units was nice to start , gave back almost a Unit on the hedge but picked up 5 more on the Wolves 2nd Half.......

Last edited:
The 9 Pm start has Atlanta traveling to Portland

As I mentioned last nite here the Hawks have struggled versus Portland with 9 straight defeats on top of 7 straight at Portland. This line makes absolutely zero sense to me. Portland has not been favored all season and while the Blazers lines always seem to be to cheap or to fat at home I cant put my finger on where this should be...Basically I would guess here this should be a PKem.

If I had to look for some comparable home games for Portland I owuld pick out Orlando , Minny and New Orleans. My comparable I mean teams who sort of fit the Hawks style tempo , pace and scoring wise...Those were 3 low scoring game for Portland and al unders. In 9 previous home games the Blazers have seen only 2 totals break 190 vs LAL(an under) and versus Denver...

SO basically we have an ATL team that avgs and allows about $3% FG from the floor who could be w/o Josh Smith. ForPortland we have a team allowing above 50% FG at home and just wonder how you can lay points with ateam who cant stop anyone facing one of the hottest NBA players in Joe Johnson....

WIll be back in a few with some more comments(NFL about to kick) but will playing the Under and probably gonna be a sucker and play ATL.

Add: (Net +1.83)

Hawks +3.5 -115 (6x) ML +133 (1x) Win +7.33
Under 190 -110 (5x)L -5.50

- As I stated I dont understand the line Or the logic of a person who would back Portland as chalk. Is this about the losing streak vs Portland, @ Portland or the fact they gave Orl a run for there money......As I said its tough to get handles on Por lines cause they almost always seem OFF but a PK is what I would expect......ATL is 4-1 away ATS past 5 ...there lines generally are 6 to 7 pts and they are covering!!! Portland is alot worse then 4 pts in the spread to a DET , WASH , etc....

Strange move from -1.5 to -3 but I cant put a finger on why...(which scares me)...but SI has 65% on the home team....

Should be a tight game throughout which probably leads to last posession winning SU......

Last 4 away Hawks were +6.5 to Wiz lost by 1 , +7 to Orlnado were killed in revenge game by 19 , +6 @ Det losing by 5 and +4 @ Tor winning SU....they have been competitive in nearly every game...Both teams on 1 days rest...Hawks 4-1 ATS ...Blazers 3-7 ATS

<LI class=more>Underdog is 8-3 ATS in the last 11 meetings. <LI class=morecool>Road team is 5-0 ATS in the last 5 meetings.

Last edited:
mr 21 ~ Thanks bro....

I just got caught up but I am REDUCING my Orlando play to 2units from 6 by playing LAC ML ...

Reason being the more I looked at the more the slight drop in the line took away the value from the play.....honestly I would saty off this game....just not going to overreact at the moment...

small play

Under 187 -110 LAC (2x) L -2.20 DUMB play

Now working on Monday and will look at the Half scores to see wassupp......

Last edited:
Think I may have dropped teh ball with the UNDER in Portland...Highly doubt the 1st H hits and thats going to throw a BIG wrench in teh game total.....

Well clearly fucked up the late totals......

Clippers win this game no doubt in my mind when I think about it.....Magic off a fluke win to extend there Road streak while LAC desperate for a win. ...possible 2nd Half LAC play.....

Gonna ride Atl 2nd H +3.5 -110 (3x) EZ WIN +3.00

fuck the total I blew that already...

Last edited:
Just gonna have to let the late game take my money...

I would love to play LAC +3 and Under 93.5.....Just not sure how much csense it makes....though Orl with a game tmrw could bench its regs late but that might be agood thing cause theer bench is solid.....

Fuck!! Shoudl have buried the Clippers heree to begin with.....................I knew that BS WIN @ Portland was gonna get erased....

I gotta do something since LAC is out of the question and while I want to ride ORL cause LAC wont hit 64% inthe 2nd H......

Orl -3 -130 (1x) L -1.3
Under 94 +105 (1x) W +1.05

(Net -0.25)

Last edited:
It was a SUCKER Bet no doubt.....had that feeling as tip was approaching so I shoudl have listened to my gut....wish I had teh chance to make a play on LAC in the 2nd H though.....

Solid day though....

yeah they were so due for a shit game....these trips are tough....

I just realized it to late......

Solid day
+16.96 Sides and totals
-0.97 hedges
-1.50 1st Half
+7.75 2nd Half

22.25 units and another 9 .5 in CBB...does me fine........

Back