Sunday , Feb. 4th @ 6:20

Thanks ant.

Guess the best way I can explain it. I am more comfortable with peyton manning as a QB but is there much of a difference when you approach as Manning vs the Bears defense and Grossman vs the Indy defense?? I really dont think so. What I took away from the Ravens game isnt so much Peyton's play but the lack of openings the WR had. They just didnt have much space to work with that day.

With the Special teams I think what is missed with Indys is theyhave made a focal point to improve for along time and cant. Resorting to starters on Special teams who failed. Indy is basically bottom 3 in kick coverages. They can and probably will focus on Hester and Co but they havent made any strides all season...why suddenly now??

The BYE WEEK is interesting. Do you think its an interruption or one less tough game they didnt have to play??? Seems that Chi walks in healthier.

Right and wrong is decided on the field. The fun part is the pregame debates and discussions.

I truly feel that line is wrong. I truly feel that the way Indy is being perceived has them overrated and I did bet them three times already. They barely escaped NE at home who the Bears did a solid job up @ Foxboro against when it was playing there 3rd straight away. Imagine they could have won @NYG , @NYJ , and @ NE....that would have been sick. I know they are undervaluing Rex Grossman and the Bears. I do think they overhyping the defense in some ways but also underestimating them by looking at meaningless points scored in the GB , StL when iot was in hand and the TB game which was a blowout at 1 point. I dont think either team has a situational edge...Indy on grass and Bears in warm weather. Although the Bears offense played best in warm weather. I dont see a kick advantage for either even with Vinateri involved. The Special teams is clearly and edge for Chi as the QB play...

The Dungy factor who proved to me he is ultraconserative by running on 3rd and 5 in FG range when he could have went ahad vs NE...

Last point...

We all see how the Jaguars get up for Indy. Some even foolishy replaying yeah its there SuperBowl. Does anyone not think Chi isnt at least as good as Jax?? Jaguars gave them hell this year. They were so lucky to win at home and got smoked away....If you have had to compare the Beras to AFC team I think Jax is a soild comparision except the Bears are better.

I don't think this holds much water... I just think you are comparing two different teams... and in different situations... period...

that would be like saying we know how HOU gives the Jags hell every year and even beats them... that doesn't mean if the Jags were playing the Colts, they would have no chance because they can't even get through HOU... Would you be asking everyone if they don't think the Colts are better than HOU and should dominate the Jags??

basically what I am saying here is there could be alot of reasons for the Jags giving Indy problems... or HOU giving Jags problems.. or whatever, but during the season, there is not the same impact of a Super Bowl game. The Colts could have entered the Jags game in a poor state of mind and had a let down game. The Jags could have been up and prepared for them... but in the Super Bowl, there is no room for slacking or let downs....

The bottom line is every team plays every team different... thats how it is.

Last edited:
and I did bet them three times already. They barely escaped NE at home who the Bears did a solid job up @ Foxboro against when it was playing there 3rd straight away.

yea.. it kinda reminds me when PIT won and covered three times up to the Bowl last year including escaping a close win against Indy that they could've lost... so I took SEA in the Bowl and PIT covered the fourth time as well.. haha.. damn that sucked.

either way.. should be a fun one to watch... gl bud.

Right but the point is you can make alot of comparisions bewteen Jax and Chi as teams. Run based offense who doesnt trust the QB. With a very solid defensive unit. They have employed the 'keep away' offense vs Indy and run it successfully. There is a blueprint to beat Indy or rattle Indy then isnt there ?? I think you misunderstood my point.

There is no room for slacking in Championship games and Indy sure didnt look so hot , did they. I dont buy cause its the SuperBowl they will play better or be better prepared. Its the same game any given Sunday. All the super bowl does is clearly provide equal motivation which even that can be questioned. Some teams a re just happy to be there and some are there to win.

Difference with Pitt was the were dogged by +10 in Indy!

BOL bro

solid nut, fuckin solid. havent hit it yet but big on bears also, like tha bears ove rushin prop i will be on it also.

There is no room for slacking in Championship games and Indy sure didnt look so hot , did they. I dont buy cause its the SuperBowl they will play better or be better prepared. Its the same game any given Sunday. All the super bowl does is clearly provide equal motivation which even that can be questioned. Some teams a re just happy to be there and some are there to win.

Difference with Pitt was the were dogged by +10 in Indy!

BOL bro

yea.. Jags and Chi can be similar looking teams... that doesn't mean anything.. my point was every team plays every team differently because two strong defenses still may have two different weak spots which requires adjustments to a different gameplan...

you are also right.. Indy didn't look too hot last week in the Championship game.. well.. the whole first half anyway... but I don't think Chi looked too hot defensively against SEA either in a playoff game where there is no room for slacking.. its just two different teams... which was my point... every game is different...

I also didn't say if it's the Super Bowl you play better... I said if you are playing a let down game during the season, you don't play better... kinda how you said the Bears came out flat against GB... you definitely can't say Indy should dominate because GB is similar to Indy with a great QB and a crap defense... only Indy is the better team... it would be like saying... GB beat Chicago.. so who thinks Indy is not better than GB??..

just saying every team and every game are played differently...

which is why I don't agree so much with your point of every game is the same every given Sunday... because CHI against GB was just one example how that Sunday meant nothing to CHI...

the Super Bowl does provide equal motivation like you said... thus.. we see the best of both teams... with no excuses on motivation.

It doesnt mean anything or it could mean something if Chi can duplicates Jax gameplan. Thats my only point. Its just suprises me I had to argue for three rounds how Indy had so much value coming into these playoffs and no everyone seems to believe the Colts are this machine. The Colts didnt look that good in the 2nd H it was NE looking that bad. The game is over twice if the NE doesnt get the penalty to bring back the 1st down or the fumble at the 1 is recovered by NE. They didnt play well they got the breaks.

I dont think Seattle could do much when it counted. As I said before the Saints game when the Bears needed to buckle down they did. They didnt allow any points from the early part of the 3rd quarter. Seattle had 306 net yards thats nothing special. They had 3 sacks and INT. Hasselback completed 55 % of his passes for 195 on 33 attempts. They had 3 scoring drives of less tehn 50 yards showing they couldnt move it 80 vs that defense. They played well on D and setup some short fields..

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=560 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=275><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=ysptblhead><TH colSpan=6>Seattle Drives</TH></TR><TR class=ysptblhead2><TH colSpan=6>1st Quarter </TH></TR><TR class=ysptblhead3><TH>Start
Time</TH><TH>Time
Poss</TH><TH>Drive
Began</TH><TH># of
Plays</TH><TH>Yards
Gained</TH><TH vAlign=top>Result</TH></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD class=c>8:27</TD><TD class=c>1:24</TD><TD class=c>SEA 47</TD><TD class=c>3</TD><TD class=c>9</TD><TD class=c>Punt</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2><TD class=c>3:48</TD><TD class=c>3:54</TD><TD class=c>SEA 29</TD><TD class=c>9</TD><TD class=c>71</TD><TD class=c>TD</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD colSpan=6> </TD></TR><TR class=ysptblhead2><TH colSpan=6>2nd Quarter </TH></TR><TR class=ysptblhead3><TH>Start
Time</TH><TH>Time
Poss</TH><TH>Drive
Began</TH><TH># of
Plays</TH><TH>Yards
Gained</TH><TH vAlign=top>Result</TH></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD class=c>14:28</TD><TD class=c>1:29</TD><TD class=c>SEA 37</TD><TD class=c>3</TD><TD class=c>3</TD><TD class=c>Punt</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2><TD class=c>11:29</TD><TD class=c>2:14</TD><TD class=c>SEA 24</TD><TD class=c>4</TD><TD class=c>15</TD><TD class=c>Punt. Fumble</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD class=c>7:08</TD><TD class=c>1:26</TD><TD class=c>SEA 22</TD><TD class=c>3</TD><TD class=c>8</TD><TD class=c>Punt. Fumble</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2><TD class=c>4:19</TD><TD class=c>1:50</TD><TD class=c>CHI 26</TD><TD class=c>5</TD><TD class=c>26</TD><TD class=c>TD</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD class=c>0:41</TD><TD class=c>0:41</TD><TD class=c>SEA 29</TD><TD class=c>2</TD><TD class=c>5</TD><TD class=c>End Half</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD colSpan=6> </TD></TR><TR class=ysptblhead2><TH colSpan=6>3rd Quarter </TH></TR><TR class=ysptblhead3><TH>Start
Time</TH><TH>Time
Poss</TH><TH>Drive
Began</TH><TH># of
Plays</TH><TH>Yards
Gained</TH><TH vAlign=top>Result</TH></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD class=c>14:55</TD><TD class=c>4:59</TD><TD class=c>SEA 29</TD><TD class=c>9</TD><TD class=c>49</TD><TD class=c>FG</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2><TD class=c>7:22</TD><TD class=c>2:25</TD><TD class=c>SEA 49</TD><TD class=c>7</TD><TD class=c>51</TD><TD class=c>TD</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD colSpan=6> </TD></TR><TR class=ysptblhead2><TH colSpan=6>4th Quarter </TH></TR><TR class=ysptblhead3><TH>Start
Time</TH><TH>Time
Poss</TH><TH>Drive
Began</TH><TH># of
Plays</TH><TH>Yards
Gained</TH><TH vAlign=top>Result</TH></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD class=c>13:19</TD><TD class=c>0:00</TD><TD class=c>SEA 21</TD><TD class=c>1</TD><TD class=c>0</TD><TD class=c>Int</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2><TD class=c>12:26</TD><TD class=c>2:11</TD><TD class=c>SEA 7</TD><TD class=c>3</TD><TD class=c>3</TD><TD class=c>Punt. Fumble</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD class=c>4:16</TD><TD class=c>2:17</TD><TD class=c>SEA 37</TD><TD class=c>5</TD><TD class=c>17</TD><TD class=c>Downs</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2><TD class=c>1:38</TD><TD class=c>1:38</TD><TD class=c>SEA 20</TD><TD class=c>10</TD><TD class=c>26</TD><TD class=c>-</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD colSpan=6> </TD></TR><TR class=ysptblhead2><TH colSpan=6>OT </TH></TR><TR class=ysptblhead3><TH>Start
Time</TH><TH>Time
Poss</TH><TH>Drive
Began</TH><TH># of
Plays</TH><TH>Yards
Gained</TH><TH vAlign=top>Result</TH></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD class=c>14:55</TD><TD class=c>2:04</TD><TD class=c>SEA 30</TD><TD class=c>4</TD><TD class=c>18</TD><TD class=c>Punt</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD width=10></TD><TD vAlign=top width=275><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=ysptblhead><TH colSpan=6>Chicago Drives</TH></TR><TR class=ysptblhead2><TH colSpan=6>1st Quarter </TH></TR><TR class=ysptblhead3><TH>Start
Time</TH><TH>Time
Poss</TH><TH>Drive
Began</TH><TH># of
Plays</TH><TH>Yards
Gained</TH><TH vAlign=top>Result</TH></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD class=c>15:00</TD><TD class=c>6:25</TD><TD class=c>CHI 20</TD><TD class=c>12</TD><TD class=c>80</TD><TD class=c>TD</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2><TD class=c>7:03</TD><TD class=c>3:15</TD><TD class=c>CHI 7</TD><TD class=c>6</TD><TD class=c>22</TD><TD class=c>Punt</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD colSpan=6> </TD></TR><TR class=ysptblhead2><TH colSpan=6>2nd Quarter </TH></TR><TR class=ysptblhead3><TH>Start
Time</TH><TH>Time
Poss</TH><TH>Drive
Began</TH><TH># of
Plays</TH><TH>Yards
Gained</TH><TH vAlign=top>Result</TH></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD class=c>14:36</TD><TD class=c>0:00</TD><TD class=c>CHI 32</TD><TD class=c>1</TD><TD class=c>68</TD><TD class=c>TD</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2><TD class=c>12:59</TD><TD class=c>1:30</TD><TD class=c>CHI 30</TD><TD class=c>4</TD><TD class=c>14</TD><TD class=c>Punt</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD class=c>9:15</TD><TD class=c>2:07</TD><TD class=c>CHI 18</TD><TD class=c>5</TD><TD class=c>17</TD><TD class=c>Punt</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2><TD class=c>5:42</TD><TD class=c>1:23</TD><TD class=c>CHI 42</TD><TD class=c>3</TD><TD class=c>-16</TD><TD class=c>Fumble</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD class=c>2:23</TD><TD class=c>1:35</TD><TD class=c>CHI 43</TD><TD class=c>7</TD><TD class=c>57</TD><TD class=c>TD</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD colSpan=6> </TD></TR><TR class=ysptblhead2><TH colSpan=6>3rd Quarter </TH></TR><TR class=ysptblhead3><TH>Start
Time</TH><TH>Time
Poss</TH><TH>Drive
Began</TH><TH># of
Plays</TH><TH>Yards
Gained</TH><TH vAlign=top>Result</TH></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD class=c>9:52</TD><TD class=c>2:30</TD><TD class=c>CHI 31</TD><TD class=c>4</TD><TD class=c>-8</TD><TD class=c>Punt</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2><TD class=c>4:53</TD><TD class=c>6:34</TD><TD class=c>CHI 38</TD><TD class=c>10</TD><TD class=c>52</TD><TD class=c>Int</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD colSpan=6> </TD></TR><TR class=ysptblhead2><TH colSpan=6>4th Quarter </TH></TR><TR class=ysptblhead3><TH>Start
Time</TH><TH>Time
Poss</TH><TH>Drive
Began</TH><TH># of
Plays</TH><TH>Yards
Gained</TH><TH vAlign=top>Result</TH></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD class=c>13:19</TD><TD class=c>0:53</TD><TD class=c>SEA 32</TD><TD class=c>3</TD><TD class=c>-4</TD><TD class=c>Punt</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2><TD class=c>10:15</TD><TD class=c>5:51</TD><TD class=c>CHI 24</TD><TD class=c>12</TD><TD class=c>53</TD><TD class=c>FG</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD class=c>1:59</TD><TD class=c>0:21</TD><TD class=c>CHI 46</TD><TD class=c>3</TD><TD class=c>3</TD><TD class=c>Punt</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2><TD colSpan=6> </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD colSpan=6> </TD></TR><TR class=ysptblhead2><TH colSpan=6>OT </TH></TR><TR class=ysptblhead3><TH>Start
Time</TH><TH>Time
Poss</TH><TH>Drive
Began</TH><TH># of
Plays</TH><TH>Yards
Gained</TH><TH vAlign=top>Result</TH></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD class=c>12:51</TD><TD class=c>12:51</TD><TD class=c>CHI 34</TD><TD class=c>7</TD><TD class=c>34</TD><TD class=c>FG</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I just dont get why people dont understand last game of the entire season with nothing to play for why the Bears would show up? Thats not situational thats every season the last nite Sun game is an upset....remember Eli and the Giants or the Rams @ Dallas. ( so YES I POUNDED GB THAT NITE AND THE UNDER)...I understand your point about situational but explain how when Jax is always talking the game up vs Indy they Colts ar somehow not motivated? I know the Colts are aware of the threat Jax is and plays that game motivated itself. Or that everytime they play is fairly competitive. Your point is valid but doesnt apply to Indy vs Jax. I wouldnt use some BS example to explain a point. Just like people foolishly comment on the line. It was already -5.5 before the Champ games if they understood lines with two home favs of 3 you had to expect the line wasnt changing much form that -5.5 future....

Its the same game every Sunday. Motivation does vary but how could you possibly incluse a week 17 game in your list of pro's for any arguement? Thats the oly knock someone can find on Chi is week 17 on New Years Eve playing in the freezing cold in a game that was absoluetly meaningless and the absolute last of the NFL reg season somehow meant something. Chi is waiting all day hopingto just escape healthy and get to the second season. You have to see the flaws in that as an arguement.....

I am beating to beat the line. Plain and simple. its obvious the 7 pt fav is the better team but the question is can they control the game. I simply dont believe so and simply think due to public perception of Indys comeback , The Manning Mouse , Rex Grossman , the Bears injury and so on you get a bigger line then it should be. If anything the NFC should have gained ground after the Championship game not lost it....

Its almost there. We will find out just what this Bears team is made of. We will find out if the Colts are simply so much better. The point I have is simply bad line and Chi has to many ways to neutralize Indy......

It will be fun....win or lose I will enjoy!

Thanks Steed. GL

Everyone else I wish ya The best of Luck. Hope your decision pays off whatever it might be. I am comfortable with mine. I wont be around so if I am not responding then I am not lurking......Good Luck

yea.. the last week of the season is definitely meaningless to some teams.. it happens every year... but letdown games happen also during the season... like CHI against ARI... or CHI against MIA... the CHI offense looked horrible and ARI and MIA were both better prepared it seemed on those weeks... pretty much what I am saying is... you can say it's the same Game every Sunday... but you could also say it's a different game every Sunday...

well, anyway.... heading out myself so I probably won't respond much after this either.. should be a fun.. gl.

Blitz. We agree to disagree cause the problem with Chi vs Miami and Arizona is they arent legimately 13 pts better then those teams. I mean Bears -11 in Arizona that was probably the worst spread of the season. It wasnt motivational as much as it was perception IMHO.... there wasnt many horrible Colts offensive games but there were many subpar ones...

Well the Super Bowl was fairly entertaining and for all the bantering back and forth I think we had good points that came true. How funny is Hester taking back the opening kick or Grossman throwing a pick 6 for the decisive score against the spread. Truthfully I knew Chi was in deep shit when they fumbled back the ball to Indy before the half even though Indy missed a chip FG..simply cause Indys ball out of the half. I think you have to credit the COLTS on both the OL and DL they were just clearly superior which did suprise me. It really isnt even an arguement. I would say the only thing that suprised is how bad / ultra conserative the Bears playcalling was. They played super tight with Grossman early when they had lead and that was a mistake IMO. They should have tried and pressed the peddle some. To many silly calls by them IMO. Bottomline is though it was Indys destiny to win that game.

I actually was at a place with something like 10 people who bet the game...there was myself and another Bears backer who happened to be the drunkest or highest person there and Eight Indy backers...The Indy backers were quite funny and I made some side money cause I bet everytime that Dungy would run on 3rd down and be conservative( punt on the 4th down after the penalty and not kick the FG late in the game cause it was meaningless...I went 2nd H under and EVERYONE had the OVER...) Anyway were Indy backers disgusted with Dungys willingness to settle for 3 as I was as Chi poor offensive game plan??

Really the one thing that I think was uncappable and which makes capping a game useless in some manners in the weather. It was pouring all the Indy guys were trembling before and early the game thinking they were fucked( one guy kept saying WTF its a MONSOON!). To me the greatest twist of the game and it could have been this way in dry weather was that it actually benefited IMHO the Colts offense. The slick field made passing easier with quick routes and hitting Addai. Without Benson and a true power back the Bears IMHO were at disadvantage. Grossman is an all or nothing QB and I think this hurt them. Not to mention Bears never taking any shots till late. Which is shocking since we all thought rain would hgurt the DOme team. I didnt see it that way yesterday. Grossman obviously didnt play well but the OL stunk. I would be a Colts backer if you told me bad weather , no power running game and shitty OL play...has Grossman scrambling all over the place......also Peyton Manning as MVP are you serious?? Bob Sanders for me.....

Like I said Indy won that game fair and square and were meant to win. There where somethings that could have happened for Chi but they simply didnt. Big turnovers only to fumble it right back...strange shit.

Bears play calling....there are a few that stand out. Failure to run on 2nd and 1 only to see Grossman trip and get sacked, after a 4yd pickup on 1st down when they had punted inside the 10 the Bears throw on 2nd and 6??? There were others but Turner ran an awful game so bad he shoul dget fired IMO.

I think I covered it all. Congrats to the Colts backers and the forum...and Blitz and Joe Pub to since we went back and forth....

Time for Baskets!

Back