Sunday discussion

Adding WS and Toronto. last year Floyd 9-1 in the day. You win if you believe you can win and the WS do and Tampa does not. Toronto 3 features. great home team. Won a tight home game yesterday and Oakland has the Yankees next day while Toronto has the next day off.

here is mi pick...

Game: Florida Marlins at Washington Nationals.
Line: Florida -148

Hot team coming of a huge comeback win and no love from the oddmakers? I dont get it... Lets see... Volstad is a solid starter and he has been hot, in his last 2 outings he has 12 ip 5 hits and 2 er and 1 of those games was against the nats with 5 ip 2 hits and 1 er and looking at the 2008 numbers volstad is better away from home... Volstad allowed .253 at home compared to .222 away why is he not to continue his good outings against this national team pitching at the nats home? I think he is going to show up tonight big again... According to his scouting report he is a very young talented pitcher but a flaw is his stamina, with that being said lets see the fish bullpen... Plain and simple the best in the league away from home, in 20.2 ip they have allowed only 10 hits and 5 BB 0 and 0 runs they are hot, I am looking to see kiko calero, leo nunez, dan meyer and matt lindstrom, those are the guys who pitch when the team is winning and any of them has bad numbers against this nats lineup... Still if they were loosing the game the guys would be Kensig, Pinto and Penn and they dont have bad numbers either... On the other hand we have Daniel Cabrera who comes with 11ip 13 hits and 6 er he has 1 start at home in which he allowd just 1 run but it wasnt a good start he allowed 6 hits 2 bb in 5 innings the point is that he was a different thing away from home and at home in baltimore ...he allowed an opp ave of .251 away from home but at home he allowed .279 in basically the same at bats... Why is this gonna change here in washington? I dont see it happening, he is kind of a mental case if you ask me... Now the nuts bullpen sucks, they are terrible they have an era of 7.53 at home and the guys I think I am gonna see tonight if Florida is winning the game are: rivera and shell, we might see ledezma again, rivera hasnt played since the 13th and shell since the 12th and both have bad numbers against this fish lineup, specially rivera, now if the nats are winning we would see Beimel, hinckey, hanagan and tavarez, the only one I would trust there would be hinckey so I hope we dont see him today... In the batting part, simple Florida is hot, last games they have connected 9,10 and 11 hits and the nats have been pretty hot lately too 13,12 and 7 hits but I would go with the hot pitcher and batting team against a terrible bullpen and not ride a team because "they are due for a win" . Cantu is out buts that actually could be better, he doesnt like nasty sliders and he is 12-1 lifetime against cabrera so its ok he is out...All right GL !!!

Play: Florida Marlins -1 at -117.5 for 1.1 units.

Adding WS and Toronto. last year Floyd 9-1 in the day. You win if you believe you can win and the WS do and Tampa does not. Toronto 3 features. great home team. Won a tight home game yesterday and Oakland has the Yankees next day while Toronto has the next day off.

i'd be very concerned backing Floyd on the road where his ERA is more than a 1/2-run higher than at home, but then again that's a little lower than i expected.

...still leaning to the SF u1st5

lookin at Kc and 1st 5 under, but i think i'm just gonna take the day off.

Really looking for a solid reason to take Houston . Both lineups watered down and Edison dealing who was tough on Houston last year . Still Astros own the series recently and Paulino was good in both AAA starts...

good hit on that Under Tuck...

This SF and Zona game driving me crazy .

Zona has been terrible offensively vs LHSP something like 0-4 scored 5 runs in those games and hitting about 180 off the top of my head...

Drew is out and some others rested ...

Scherzer has actually lost all 8 starts in the majors and I know all about his talent .....

Unit tends to be a tad tougher in the day it seems and granted he wasnt good last time out and has allowed 4 hrs already ...

thoughts ??

good hit on that Under Tuck...

This SF and Zona game driving me crazy .

Zona has been terrible offensively vs LHSP something like 0-4 scored 5 runs in those games and hitting about 180 off the top of my head...

Drew is out and some others rested ...

Scherzer has actually lost all 8 starts in the majors and I know all about his talent .....

Unit tends to be a tad tougher in the day it seems and granted he wasnt good last time out and has allowed 4 hrs already ...

thoughts ??

u4 -104 :cheers:

Ugly win by the Yanks today . I couldnt take that game when I saw Posada not playing and it stayed true to form --Yanks and Under ..somehow...

ANother game I didnt touch was Fla and Wash . If that pen blows it again ...oh my ....

SD just didnt have any relievers available today and were a casualty of there own recent success....

Unders ruling another sunday as well...:cheers:

dstang, i've been riding cubs overs for the past few days but i think it's time to jump ship. i would play the under if anything and im not going to do it because of these offenses and bullpens being a little rough. my only play on this one is cubs ML.

SN, no mention of my nice wins earlier? white sox were the play of the day, minny was really nice and was exactly how i expected it to play out. the only loss for me was oakland ML and it was 1-0. not a bad loss and i said that was my least fav. play.

i'm just kiddin anyway, i don't need recognition. my other plays tonight are 76er +10 (-115) and +9.5 (+100) and Atl -4.5

that just fucked the under in the grand salami!
:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Had it as well . The downfall of the salami early in the season is rain outs . The 2nd one I lost to the weather this week and this wasnt even close .....

108 runs with 2 games in the b8th and another top 6th ....and it was 144....

I feel your pain bro....:cheers:

dstang, i've been riding cubs overs for the past few days but i think it's time to jump ship. i would play the under if anything and im not going to do it because of these offenses and bullpens being a little rough. my only play on this one is cubs ML.

SN, no mention of my nice wins earlier? white sox were the play of the day, minny was really nice and was exactly how i expected it to play out. the only loss for me was oakland ML and it was 1-0. not a bad loss and i said that was my least fav. play.

i'm just kiddin anyway, i don't need recognition. my other plays tonight are 76er +10 (-115) and +9.5 (+100) and Atl -4.5

LOL...I actually missed your posts . One of the few days that I didnt get achance to read everything ...

I knew that the CSW were the play just looking at the line . I had TB ML bust a parlay I had put together early this morning ..actually loved Toronto but clearly understand why you played it......have the same NBA plays ..:cheers:

Had it as well . The downfall of the salami early in the season is rain outs . The 2nd one I lost to the weather this week and this wasnt even close .....

108 runs with 2 games in the b8th and another top 6th ....and it was 144....

I feel your pain bro....:cheers:

yea, rainouts are my worst fear. i wish there was a way to say we want action on it no-matter like a regular game bet... i'm still pissed... :angry:

probably going to play the under on monday, too, fwiw...

Back