Sunday Discussion

Wiz/Bucks @193 looks low..

-Unless my math is wrong WAS/MIL both avg around 196 per game

-Last 5 avg Wiz 199/Mil 202 = 200.5

-Last 3games H2H avg 206

seems the books want over money? gonna wait until later and make a possible under play at 194+

* last meeting between them was a low scoring 178 with a total @ 196

greek @ 194

Diamond @ 197:36_19_2:

still thinking under

Yea that game is a bit confusing to me too...

Line dropped to -1 Wiz.

Bucks did rest their starters in the 2H, no one played over 30 minutes, they did get 2 out the past 3 days off but playing their 6th in 9 days. Wiz only playing their 5th in 10 days (6 in 13 days) so the Wiz are more well rested.

Bucks did get embarrassed by the Wiz a few weeks ago at home and may have had that on their minds, but the only problem with that is the Bucks are cold ATS and the Wiz are on fire ATS

thoughts?

Refs haven't been too gracious with home teams of small spreads (4.5 and under).

I would say the total looks low @ Portland cause its the same one that was put out for the game on MLK day ...so the books must feel there numbers are correct and rolling it out again....

With Wash @ Milw...simply look at WASH last 2 road games and ask yourself how much you want to LAY with them on the road? Dont think they covered outside of the Bucks game as road chalk which was minus Redd. That line was -3 and I think Milw might have been about -1.5 had he played....So take it for what its worth...:cheers:

havent heard shit but I was just gonna say that someone is definetly out in this game seeing how the line and total have moved....

Redd out with left knee strain

By Charles F. Gardner

Sunday, Jan 27 2008, 04:38 PM

Bucks guard Michael Redd suffered a left knee strain while dunking the basketball in Toronto on Friday night, and he was not available for today's game against the Washington Wizards at the Bradley Center.

It was unclear how long Redd would be out of the lineup.

Redd suffered a left patellar tendon strain on Jan. 5 of last season, when he went up for a dunk in the final moments of a loss to the Cleveland Cavaliers. The Bucks went 3-17 in his absence as he recovered from the injury.

The Bucks' leading scorer recently missed four games with a deep left thigh bruise. He has played in 40 games this season (39 starts) and is averaging 23.0 points, 4.7 rebounds and 3.6 assists.

Royal Ivey was inserted in the starting lineup instead of Redd.

Reserve forward Charlie Villanueva also was sidelined today with a lower back strain.

"It's going to be other guys stepping up (for the Bucks)," said Wizards coach Eddie Jordan. "I felt good about where we were coming in here today, and we were preparing to play this game with Michael.

"As soon as they said, 'No Michael Redd,' I got more nervous. Andrew (Bogut) has been going pretty darn good the last six or seven games. Royal Ivey is not the player he was in Atlanta; he's become a lot more efficient. We know they have capable guys that have big confidence, whether it's Bobby Simmons or Mo (Williams) or Charlie Bell. They can step up and have good numbers and have a good game against us."

Redd also was out during the Wizards' last visit to Milwaukee on Jan. 4, when he had the thigh bruise suffered in Miami two nights earlier. Washington routed the Bucks that night, 101-77, in the first of four meetings this season.

If I HAD to guess I would say Milw and over 1st H followed by Was and UNDER 2nd H but I am staying away from this one.....:cheers:

anything for the Houston/Utah game guys?

Utah with a bit more rest, but Houston been doin reall well lately. Utah has SA 2m

wow. can't believe Yao is out. such a shitty time of year to bet the NBA. injury reports are brutal right now.

I wanna take Houston even with Yao out. your boys got SA 2m. Scola is faster than Yao and should be able to follow Okur around the perimeter. Does Battier guard Deron? and how does he do?

Battier isnt gonna guard Deron...Utah isnt thinking about tmrw ....they NEED road wins and getting them w/o Yao and less then 100% TMac could be the remedy plus they also have payback....

With Yao should be a faster paced game and less interior presence to stop Boozer and the bigs.....:cheers:

Alston on Deron?

Yeah whoever they are using at PG...Battier may switch to guard a big 2 guard but I dont recall him every guarding an opposing PG....

I played the over ...middle should be open...and utah simply has not shown the ability to stop anyone on the road...:cheers:

I know he guards Baron whenevr we play em

eh I hopped on Houston. Watching the Portland game, I think Landry will be pretty valuable in this one

Thanks SF! So your on Houston ?? I'll be honest and say I didnt realize he guarded Baron Davis..Landry played well @ Portland despite the fouls piling up..:cheers:

the tempo is there for you, just they run it up and if theres not a layup they pull it back and wait for the shot clock so they can throw it away

no Yao and Houston offense doesn't look too good. they needa goto Tmac on brewer down low

Sloppy early but eventually they should hit there stride. The closerthe game the better for a 2nd H over...should have played that Milw 2nd H over after there sluggish start...:cheers:

I think Nut hit it perfect. The Jazz could care less about the Spurs right now and if anything they anticipate a loss tomorrow, Jazz are the Spurs bitch, and right now they're tied with the Blazers for the 8th spot.

Little late now for my opinion. (shrug)

Love, love the 2nd half over if the 2nd quarter doesn't produce more than 28 or so.

Orlando was Detroit's bitch last week, but they showed up with everything they had

but I guess you guys are right in that Orlando didn't need wins nearly as badly

Back