Sunday Discussion Thread

As much as it sickens me to trust chisox I dunno how ya can’t play their Ff over? They have a lineup built to smash lefties and matz is garbage. Gotta think they hit at least 2 bombs and odds are some ppl be on base for 1 of them. I’d be pretty surprised if they couldn’t score at least 3 off this clown.

@VirginiaCavs , can I get a rundown of cubs batters vs curves and change ups from rhp? I had no idea German threw so freaking many of those, over 60% his pitches are curve/change!

@VirginiaCavs , can I get a rundown of cubs batters vs curves and change ups from rhp? I had no idea German threw so freaking many of those, over 60% his pitches are curve/change!

Cubs 30th with .202 slugging rate vs curveball from righties (Yes. slugging!)

Cubs 3rd with .471 slugging vs changeup from righties.

Cubs 30th with .202 slugging rate vs curveball from righties (Yes. slugging!)

Cubs 3rd with .471 slugging vs changeup from righties.

Ouch, he throws the curve way more than the change and I’d assume it even a bigger gap to the righties. Lol. That screams Ff under, gotta like Hendricks, I think he will be able to get most this yanks lineup to roll over all day.

Torn on dunning and ranger game in general. Hate the start time, think that Is keeping me off his ov 16.5 outs, I’m not entirely sure how it will play out w nats lineup anyways against him. Will they have long at bats or will they hit into bunch of early in count outs? The fact it the earliest start and dunning been better at night enough to pass I think, there a few others I like quite a bit. Think rangers Ff -.5 probably a better play, I think they knock Corbin around, or just the over in this game I think good, I tend to suck with the earliest start of day tho!

Torn on dunning and ranger game in general. Hate the start time, think that Is keeping me off his ov 16.5 outs, I’m not entirely sure how it will play out w nats lineup anyways against him. Will they have long at bats or will they hit into bunch of early in count outs? The fact it the earliest start and dunning been better at night enough to pass I think, there a few others I like quite a bit. Think rangers Ff -.5 probably a better play, I think they knock Corbin around, or just the over in this game I think good, I tend to suck with the earliest start of day tho!
Worst day of the season for motivational capping, could be all over the place today everywhere. Just a complete hard pass and enjoy the 108 degrees or whatever the next few days. Not even sure I watch HR derby tomorrow, it's simply become unbearable to watch.

Worst day of the season for motivational capping, could be all over the place today everywhere. Just a complete hard pass and enjoy the 108 degrees or whatever the next few days. Not even sure I watch HR derby tomorrow, it's simply become unbearable to watch.

I don’t mind this day. There certain things to be wary of but for most part I don’t think it massively different. I’d think there a few spots/teams you can gain a little extra knowing they straight limping to the break and just want this day over with.

that Ff u5 sure feels like a big number in the Bronx. I sure the hell can’t find 6 runs! I suppose German has ugly starts from time to time but that why I asked vc bout cubs vs curve balls, I can’t envision a dude throwing curves over 40% the time struggling too much w a team who can’t hit a freaking curve!

I don’t mind this day. There certain things to be wary of but for most part I don’t think it massively different. I’d think there a few spots/teams you can gain a little extra knowing they straight limping to the break and just want this day over with.
More concerned with individuals than actual teams

Guys going to ASG have to travel to Seattle for a quick trip after the game, others get to vacation for the first time since Feb or have to deal with family, never know where heads are at. Don't really care about team performance, problem is I think they're in the same boat as me!

Royals?

More concerned with individuals than actual teams

Guys going to ASG have to travel to Seattle for a quick trip after the game, others get to vacation for the first time since Feb or have to deal with family, never know where heads are at. Don't really care about team performance, problem is I think they're in the same boat as me!

I think it prob makes rays a good fade, not only are they limping bad I assume they got a handful of kids making 1st all star game. I think you prob making more out of it than most players. Going out and playing baseball then traveling after isn’t nothing new to any of them, I assume the majority go out today and play just like any other day.

I mean if you don’t mind laying -215 it hard to ever make a great case for royals, they usually on losing steak tho so I dunno if this any different? Lol. I absolutely expect you would continue getting effort from cle who have dug themselves out of a hole and just passed up twins.

Rays are the team I was thinking most about dying to get to this break. Everything went so great for them most the 1st half then July hits and they can’t buy a win, I’d think they have lot of 1st time all stars and I’d also think they been staring at calendar last few days thinking “fuck just let us get to the break already!”.

I think it prob makes rays a good fade, not only are they limping bad I assume they got a handful of kids making 1st all star game. I think you prob making more out of it than most players. Going out and playing baseball then traveling after isn’t nothing new to any of them, I assume the majority go out today and play just like any other day.
Could be right

I just believe the normal human that has 4 days off for the first time in several months has more than just one foot on the beach already

And a two night cram session in Seattle with all the bullshit events that the all stars have to partake in would suck other than actually being an all star

I want to fade matz so freaking bad but then I see cws .585 ops the last week! What happens when total shit meats absolute garbage?

Could be right

I just believe the normal human that has 4 days off for the first time in several months has more than just one foot on the beach already

And a two night cram session in Seattle with all the bullshit events that the all stars have to partake in would suck other than actually being an all star

I’m sure there some guys w foot out the door but overall I’ve never noticed this day being particular different for me, not like week 18 of nfl or anything.

Saw it with Manoah this week

Total shit won round 1

Jays sent him down and I assume worked w him, there no question he talented. I stayed far away from that one cause I know the ability there, I was happy fading him til he went down but had way more wait and see approach now that he back. Matz has no such ability and I don’t think he got fixed sitting in the pen for a month! Manoah young w plenty of hope, him doing well didn’t shock me, mildly surprised maybe. Matz is what he is, I’d be shocked if this loser went 5 imnings without getting touched up! As terrible as CWS is as a team they do have a handful of legit bats, if there not 2 bombs hit between Robert, Jimenez, Vaughn, and burger I’d question if they trying! Which of course a huge concern with this team every day not just this one!!

Blue Jays play angry today? I like Scooby-Doo (Skubal) tho

Yea I’m big Skubal fan. There was also something I didn’t love bout Bassitt cause I expected to play his out total if 6 innings cashed, he was lined 17.5 but I passed for some reason. Can’t remember what the hell it was but I crossed him off list so there was something. Lol

Lol are you in vegas too? This heat is brutal

I couldn’t resist cws Ff tt ov 2.5 only having to pay -105.. these losers will prob fuck me over but I just dunno how ya don’t take that number w any big league lineup against matz? If he was facing oakland I’d prob play it, that pretty much what convinced me to pull trigger. I asked myself who wouldn’t I take and couldn’t come up w a answer! In theory chisox should hit lhp and they do actually have a respectable ops vs them on the season.

I dunno why they giving us plus money w Hendricks, he probably my favorite of the group. Sure seems to me he outta get a lot of quick outs and there more than enough holes in this lineup to navigate them however he sees fit. I expect he goes at least 6 and could very well go 7.

Elder is pretty simple, he goes 6+ 66% his starts, every starter who has faced tampa this month has went at least 6 innings! To say variance has hit these dudes hard is a massive understatement! I just can’t imagine this young struggling team w several all-stars is gonna turn things around today.

Elder is pretty simple, he goes 6+ 66% his starts, every starter who has faced tampa this month has went at least 6 innings! To say variance has hit these dudes hard is a massive understatement! I just can’t imagine this young struggling team w several all-stars is gonna turn things around today.
Nothing but tailing you today

Not even looking at public %s, feels like everything is a wild card for me today

Side note I haven't heard who is starting the ASG but not sure Gallen has ever pitched on 3 days rest, could be rocky if he faces the top of the AL order

For those that do care, and again I'm not betting these

Seeing Atlanta, Baltimore and the Mets as public dogs although I'd hesitate on that later game, last night the Angels and Mets both became pretty sizable pub dogs but didn't reflect it until the last couple hours before first pitch

Not even looking at public %s, feels like everything is a wild card for me today

Side note I haven't heard who is starting the ASG but not sure Gallen has ever pitched on 3 days rest, could be rocky if he faces the top of the AL order

Hopefully it works out ok, I feel fairly confident we hit at least 2 of the 3 out totals. Feel about as good as anyone possibly could counting on chisox to score runs, pretty confident matz will give them up! Those 4 pretty much it for me today, other than I did some goofy 8 team parlay I honestly don’t even remember who I put in it, lol.

The HR derby has been pretty good to watch the past few years. The unbearable part/years were when Berman would do them and yell back, back, back, back on every HR.

Sounds like you haven’t watched in quite some time, there’s been a few changes to it and Berman no longer does them. 5 years ago or so many would have agreed with you, now I’m not sure many would.

I seriously don’t even know who the hell is on the all-star teams let alone starting, havnt paid any attention. I mostly hate these 4 days since there nothing to bet! I heard them talking bout all stars on radio the other day and I totally spaced out: lol. Since there nothing damn else to cap I’ll prob spend way too much time on home run derby and asg the next few days!

I seriously don’t even know who the hell is on the all-star teams let alone starting, havnt paid any attention. I mostly hate these 4 days since there nothing to bet! I heard them talking bout all stars on radio the other day and I totally spaced out: lol. Since there nothing damn else to cap I’ll prob spend way too much time on home run derby and asg the next few days!
Cap Wimbledon, it's just getting good

I have to cover the home run derby. I‘m not sure how to write 250-266 words per play for this event.

The HR derby has been pretty good to watch the past few years. The unbearable part/years were when Berman would do them and yell back, back, back, back on every HR.

Sounds like you haven’t watched in quite some time, there’s been a few changes to it and Berman no longer does them. 5 years ago or so many would have agreed with you, now I’m not sure many would.

I don’t hate it, I don’t exactly love it either. I think I liked the 10 outs better than the timed thing they do now but it not like it hurts my feelings, it can be somewhat dramatic this way. I usually space out thru half of it but I watch and usually bet more on it than I should! Lol

Cap Wimbledon, it's just getting good

Just bet joker right? He the only guy playing these days I even heard of! Lol. I remember I was shocked in the French semi’s I got him with plus money (never even heard of this dude they now ranking ahead of him!). Only tennis bet I’ve made since aussie I think!

Just bet joker right? He the only guy playing these days I even heard of! Lol. I remember I was shocked in the French semi’s I got him with plus money (never even heard of this dude they now ranking ahead of him!). Only tennis bet I’ve made since aussie I think!
Yeah he's for sure the massive favorite. Alcaraz had a chance on clay at the French, was shaping up to be an epic match then he got cramps and the last two sets weren't even tennis. It was a very tough watch.

Yeah he's for sure the massive favorite. Alcaraz had a chance on clay at the French, was shaping up to be an epic match then he got cramps and the last two sets weren't even tennis. It was a very tough watch.

I meant to start following/paying attention the other day, turned it on for a second but day was bout over then I forgot again. Kinda got lot going on, she has dr appointments all this week so that be super fun. Guess it ok time for few days off, doesn’t give me much to do while sitting around but might be harder to make it across river also.

Reactions: KJ
Damn, I thought texas would hit Corbin (these early ass starts never go the way I think!) Tough to say if passing on dunning was right move or not? He on solid trajectory to go 6 but his pitch count ain’t in good enough shape he could afford a bad inning and still last 5.2.

That was a huge break for rangers/dunning. Nats shoulda had 1-3 1 out but dude tried to stretch it into a double and got thrown out. That inning coulda killed dunning out total but the free out was monster. Dunno why I’m so interested since I didn’t play him? Pretty sure rangers Ff made the 8 teamer I did so be nice if wasn’t killed on 1st leg! That play def cost nats a run. As is I’d be thrilled to push this one and make it a 7 teamer (like the other 7 gonna cash! Lmao).

For those that do care, and again I'm not betting these

Seeing Atlanta, Baltimore and the Mets as public dogs although I'd hesitate on that later game, last night the Angels and Mets both became pretty sizable pub dogs but didn't reflect it until the last couple hours before first pitch

Makes sense. How can ya not wanna take Braves as dogs? Not sure how the hell they decided that? Eflin has been fantastic but ain’t no lineups out there like Braves, they gonna have 5-6 guys hit 30+ jacks, the few who not on that pace get on base at a high clip. They have one regular with a ops below .750!

Twins at least have the starting pitcher edge today.

Mets/pads a coin flip I think, so if I was playing it I’d prob back the dog.

Fuckinv rangers lost my 8 teamer right out the gates! Lmao. I swear I should never play these games that start before 12 central!! Why do I get the sickening feeling the other 7 will now win? Lol

Makes sense. How can ya not wanna take Braves as dogs? Not sure how the hell they decided that? Eflin has been fantastic but ain’t no lineups out there like Braves, they gonna have 5-6 guys hit 30+ jacks, the few who not on that pace get on base at a high clip. They have one regular with a ops below .750!

Twins at least have the starting pitcher edge today.

Mets/pads a coin flip I think, so if I was playing it I’d prob back the dog.
Well it's natural for some to bet against the Rays getting swept in b2b series regardless of the opponent, complete situational line knowing they'd get flooded with ATL money. One of those where odds makers are likely find taking that stance.

Well it's natural for some to bet against the Rays getting swept in b2b series regardless of the opponent, complete situational line knowing they'd get flooded with ATL money. One of those where odds makers are likely find taking that stance.

It seems so unlikely to me that rays pick the day before asb to finally win a game this month. As redic they were playing at home a month or so ago where it seemed no pitchers could get them out, it the exact opposite now! They have 8 runs these past 5 home games. Most teams don’t have everything go right with everyone all at same time then everything go wrong all at once. Pretty crazy.

Damn, dunning somehow made it 5.2 before getting yanked, hard to regret passing there, he easily coulda been pulled before that,

It seems so unlikely to me that rays pick the day before asb to finally win a game this month. As redic they were playing at home a month or so ago where it seemed no pitchers could get them out, it the exact opposite now! They have 8 runs these past 5 home games. Most teams don’t have everything go right with everyone all at same time then everything go wrong all at once. Pretty crazy.
Never know, using those stats you referenced about the Braves you'd assume they wouldn't lose again though. This sport is very difficult to find situations, if anything TB has a situational angle today. Even the Royals win games by accident

Back