Sunday 03/16/14 NBA discussion thread

any link? searched for your NHL starting threads but found nothing on your profile,, where is it?
very interested since they were shut out yesterday. Took Under 6 goals @1,70 pinnacle but just hoping for a push since 2-0 lead from PHI
The trend which lost was in a post titled
A quick look at Buffalo. Can always redo it but no time right now.

Great call on the Cats. Turned it on when they needed to.

Btw. is betting in France illegal?

oh god, if only you knew. well, before the 2012 French regulation law and french gaming authority (ARJEL), you could bet on offshore gaming websites like betfair, piny,etc both for sports betting and poker. Unfortunately, due to online booming of sports betting and poker french government has decided he wanted his piece of the cake , also due to national public debt of 2 billion. He gave licenses to few companies operating on .fr network.
Problem: rake/juice is higher than.com websites. It's impossible to win at sports betting on french websites like pmu.fr for ATS games odds are like 1,70/1,70 which is a complete joke. Moreover, they also want to tax live/online winnings for sports bettors/poker "professionals" whereas some guys few years ago before regulation have asked if they had to declare their winnings to the french tax administration: "the answer was no taxes on luck games , etc..."
Now lots of professionnals are sued by the administration for "occult activity" and are asked to pay something like 50% of their winnings, which is more than unfair. They are basically treating you as a kind of mobster/pimp, etc... We call it the triple fuck factor 1) higher rake/juice, 2)taxes on winnings 3) no professional status created, so no right health/social insurance, bank loans, retirement plan,etc...
So most "professionals" who are single/no family in france,etc... have logically decided to expatriate, either in london, malta, thailand, mexico, canada,etc...
the current situation is even worst than in US to my mind.
If you want to bet play poker on full tilt/pokerstars and stay in france it's very dangerous you have to use VPN, but you can get caught, get your account frozen till you send a valid proof of accomodation, electricity bill at your name in a foreign country,etc...
SO in these conditions i realize cost of living is way too expensive in london fo my bankroll at the moment, i've decided malta cause cause big french/foreign community of bettors/poker players. You can improve your skills faster in these conditions by living with other flatmates. Monthly rents are cheaper than in france, especially than in Paris where i used to live. food in supermarkets in malta is quite expensive, like fresh food because nearly everything is imported since it's an island.
a 6 pack yoghurts cost something like 6€ as compared to 3€ in france. However alcoohol in night clubs/pubs is way cheaper. A tray of vodka shots is like 5 euros.
I also graduated from a french business school with a specialized master in marketing and since there are lots of online gambling companies located in malta (headquarters), if i'm fed up/end up broke or whathever, i can send directly my application and find a good Plan B by working in marketing departments

Last edited:
oh and the funny thing not so funny is that strangers (i mean obviously sharks/sharps and not recreationnals) can open an account on french pokerwebsites like winamax, pokerstars.fr, unibet.fr, bwin.fr,etc.. if they have a bank account registered in the european union. thay play on .fr cause average level is weaker than .com networks despite the higher rake. French/italian/spanish and american are the most recreationals/fishs.
France is the last communism country with north Korea in the world at the moment. Even russian and chines are more liberal economically speaking than french.
And Cuba is no longer communist. They just smoke marijuana there with fat /paunchy american tourists hunting for young cuban girls to spread solar cream on their back at the beach (sexual sightseeing), lol!!!!

Garbage reffing in the heat game..
I gave no action on this but just complete bs

Heat -5 was my second biggest bet this season, but yeah, Jones really helped the bet to get cashed.

I think that technical call was really wrong.

I do agree with the delay of game call - 99% of those calls make zero sense - but if this is the rule, refs got to enforce it. I hope NBA will nullify this rule for next season, because it really doesn't make any sense.

Just give refs the right to call a technical, if they see a player really delaying the game...

i thought it was pretty fair

what calls were bad?
the garbage technicals
the illegal screens not called.. Lebron blatantly holding Lin ... The straight arm push offs...not being called...
same ref called all the t's

Are you kidding NBA?...you really have no clue about bball.
Exactly what Cashman said ...thanks for pointing them out.

The first t in the first qtr the ball bounced straight to peverly's hands he was standing just in front or the foul line he tossed it to the heat exactly what you would expect and the ref called a t on him.. There is the rule and the spirit of the rule... Refs have a lot of discretion in this game and today it was use ld against the rox.. Too bad because it was an entertaining game to watch...

Are you kidding NBA?...you really have no clue about bball.
Exactly what Cashman said ...thanks for pointing them out.

haha okay sir

you're going to complain about the delay of game calls? How about the players follow the rules and dont touch the ball when it goes through the net? I didnt see the play but if thats all you have then thats a joke. The refs are just calling what the rule is .... of course there is going to be some discretion on such a subjective rule

the rockets stopped playing team ball late in the 4th and thats what caused them to lose and the heat actually played gave effort on defense.... that and ray allen hit a few big shots

Dude I'm not going to get into a pissing match with you coz u always think ur right just like when ur crappy team hired Jason Kidd as head coach.

The game changed when the Heat got those free Ts, the no call illegal screens, Lebron blatantly holding Lin, the straight arm push offs... all not being called by same ref that called all the t's. It changed the momentum of the game and how the rockets played...when they were down, they just shot the ball with no confidence/looked flustered . Again I did not have any $$$ on the game. Just like to watch a good game with no refs influencing the outcome.

Last edited:
The trend which lost was in a post titled
A quick look at Buffalo. Can always redo it but no time right now.

well found it but not sure to understand the trend. By the way, do you know where and when i can find the designated goalie for an NHL game on covers or anywhere else?

Leftwinglock.com is very good. Best I know. OKC-----I really was hoping they would win today.

That trend as I recall said that when Pitt lost on the road and Fleury started the first home game he had great games and you looked at Pitt, the under and the Team total under of the other team.
Fleurys last 10 starts
55 Last 10 | Season

[TABLE="class: data"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD="class: datahl2b"]Date[/TD]
[TD="class: datahl2b"]vs.[/TD]
[TD="class: datahl2b"]Score[/TD]
[TD="class: datahl2b"]M/L[/TD]
[TD="class: datahl2b"]O/U[/TD]
[TD="class: datahl2b"]W[/TD]
[TD="class: datahl2b"]L[/TD]
[TD="class: datahl2b"] OTL[/TD]
[TD="class: datahl2b"]GA[/TD]
[TD="class: datahl2b"]SA[/TD]
[TD="class: datahl2b"]SHO[/TD]
[TD="class: datahl2b"]SV%[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: datahl2"] 3/16/2014[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"] PHI[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"] L 3-4[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"] L -143[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"] O 5.5 -103[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"]-[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"]3[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"]15[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"] 0[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"] .800[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: datahl2"] 3/15/2014[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"] @ PHI[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"] L 0-4[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"] L -103[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"] U 5.5 -108[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"]1[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"]4[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"]40[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"] .900[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: datahl2"] 3/11/2014[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"] WAS[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"] W 2-0[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"] W -182[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"] U 5.5 108[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"]0[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"]32[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"] 1[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"] 1.000[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: datahl2"] 3/7/2014[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"] @ ANA[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"] W 3-2 (SO)[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"] W 128[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"] U 5.5 101[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"]2[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"]31[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"] .935[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: datahl2"] 3/4/2014[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"] @ NAS[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"] W 3-1[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"] W -127[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"] U 5.5 -127[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"]19[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"] .947[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: datahl2"] 3/1/2014[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"] @ CHI[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"] L 1-5[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"] L 125[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"] O 5.5 102[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"]5[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"]40[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"] .875[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: datahl2"] 2/27/2014[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"] MON[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"] L 5-6 (SO)[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"] L -182[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"] O 5.5 115[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"]5[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"]29[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"] .828[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: datahl2"] 2/7/2014[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"] NYR[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"] L 3-4 (SO)[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"] L -160[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"] O 5.5 118[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"]3[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"]41[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"] .927[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: datahl2"] 2/5/2014[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"] @ BUF[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"] W 5-1[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"] W -205[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"] O 5.5 117[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"]25[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"] .960[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: datahl2"] 2/3/2014[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"] OTT[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"] W 2-1 (OT)[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"] W -191[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"] U 5.5 102[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"]25[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"] .960[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
Not what I would have expected especially with Pitt 8-2 last 10 at home on Sunday and Fleury last year in the day 4-1 with a 9.37 save percentage.
Guy is in a slump and I need to be very careful with him. Early morning game I was not careful.

Back