Sunday 03/02/14 NBA discussion thread

i never thought id make a play based on JERMAINE ONEAL missing a game... but he's been the leader of this team recently

small action play on the under 202.5 in toronto... odd start time and two good defensive teams, i'll take a stab

Dude didn't help them in the playoffs last season so his loss means little.

Home dogs not doing too well of late. Cream rises to the top this time of the season.

[h=1]Jermaine O’Neal goes to Germany for medical treatment, readies for free agency[/h] Dan Feldman
Jun 14, 2013, 3:54 PM EST

8 Comments

350x-171.jpg
Getty Images After playing just 24 and 25 games for the Celtics the previous two seasons, the injury-prone Jermaine O’Neal signed with the Suns and their seemingly magical training staff.
Well, O’Neal played 55 games in Phoenix, and he looked relative spry while on the court. For a player who averaged just 57 games per season in his career and was 34 and in his 17th season, 55 games is pretty remarkable.
Now, O’Neal seems ready ready to leave the nest in searcher of greener NBA pastures, but first he stopped off in Germany to meet with Dr. Peter Wehling, noted for developing Regenokine, the treatment Kobe Bryant used:
He also doesn’t sound like someone intent on returning to the Suns (hat tip: Alex Kennedy of HoopsWorld):
The obvious first guess for O’Neal’s destination is Miami. As the Eastern Conference Finals showed, the Heat could use another defensive big man, and the Pacers aren’t going away.
O’Neal played for the Heat just before LeBron James and Chris Bosh signed as free agents, and at the time, O’Neal wasn’t on board and signed with Boston. Via Chris Forsberg of ESPN:
“I knew what [the Heat] were trying to do, and I could have re-signed back with those guys,” he said Wednesday after passing his physical with the Celtics. “But it comes down to fit. It comes down to personalities and style of play, and I thought Boston has all that for me. It came down to winning now, and not worrying about chemistry.”
O’Neal’s best chance to win now will likely come from the Heat, but is he over the fit issue? He’s likely healthy enough that he’ll have the option of Miami or other suitors, so we’ll probably find out.

Tags: Chris Bosh, Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, Los Angeles Lakers, Miami Heat

he went to germany and got that treatment and he says he feels like he's 5 years younger.... and he's a veteran leader in the locker room.... not to mention most teams probably have not been preparing for him like they should be

Lol he probably didn't renew his passport and it's expired. It's funny because he was just in Germany

Curry looks fairly crisp in his old man's final stop. Dude generally balls against the Raps.

Hate Bavetta and Crawford games. Two old blind dudes with over-enthusiastic foul calls, does my head in.

Dubs 3-13 SU if trailing at halftime on the road.

Raps 11-2 SU if leading at halftime at home.

i feel so fortunate right now... that under 202.5 should not have hit

teams usually do not just let the clock run out if they down less than 6 points....

its been that kind of weekend for me :badass:

[h=2]BOBCATS AT THUNDER, 7 P.M. ET[/h] March 2, 2014 · 6:13PM
TV: League Pass

• Thunder shooting guard and defensive whiz Thabo Sefolosha will miss the next “four to six weeks,” according to GM Sam Presti. Sefolosha has a strained left calf. Second-year man Perry Jones IIIwill start in his place. The Thunder will also start a rookie at center: Steven Adams will continue to fill in for Kendrick Perkins, who is out with a strained left groin. The changes mean the Thunder will have four players 6-10 or taller on the floor to begin the game (Jones 6-10, Adams 7-0, Kevin Durant 6-11 and Serge Ibaka 6-10). It also means the Thunder, who have had some defensive problems lately, will have to play without their two best defenders for at least the next month.
  • Newly acquired swingman Caron Butler is having travel troubles getting to Oklahoma City in the midst of a sleet and snow storm. He’s expected to be at practice Monday and perhaps be available Tuesday when the Thunder host Philadelphia.
  • The Bobcats have waived Ben Gordon. He tried to get a buyout deal but that didn’t work out. Charlotte will fill Gordon’s spot with D-League center Justin Hamilton. The Cats are signing the 7-0, 260 pounder to a 10-day contract.
  • The Bobcats have won five of their last seven games overall and six of their last nine against Western Conference opponents.
  • When these teams played in Charlotte back in December, the Bobcats made only 37.5 percent of their shots, slightly better than their shooting percentage in the last three games (37.3).
– Randy Renner
[h=3]Share this:[/h]

<small>Category: Uncategorized / Tags: / Comments Off /
</small>
[h=2]MAVERICKS AT SPURS, 7 P.M. ET[/h] March 2, 2014 · 5:58PM
TV: NBA TV

• Tony Parker will play tonight for the first time in six games, finally recovered from an assortment of aches and pains from his wrist to his calf — and maybe his head (fatigue). The Spurs (42-16) went 5-1 in Parker’s absence. “They’ve been doing fine without him, so it’s no bargain either way,” Dallas coach Rick Carlisle said. “He’s probably their best player, and that’s saying a lot.”
  • There is no plan to limit Parker’s play in back-to-back game situations, like the Spurs do with Tim Duncan. “I’ll see how he feels, how his body does,” coach Gregg Popovich said. “But I don’t think that. It’s not what I’m thinking right now.”
  • Jae Crowder remains on the Mavericks’ (36-24) active roster after his assignment last week to the D-League. But he has not played more than 2 1/2 minutes in a game since Feb. 21.
Tim Price

westbrick over 20.5 pts -140... lots of juice but bobcats are the worst team in opp PG ppg past 15 days

Pacers 2h -8

the defense started playing better and utah's fg % should continue going down and end up somewhere between 40-42%

I hate the pacers.

Thankfully the mavs hung on. Got lucky today with two missed free throws in the last seconds of games.

Sure they can beat the Bobcats but against the defensive genius of the Suns they have NO Chance. I also have a number of bridges for sale cheap.

Back