• PICK CLUB WEEK #1 LINES ARE POSTED!

Summer CFB Discussion-- Texas RBs dropping like flies

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
Spring camps are concluding

The Portal closed this past Tuesday

A lot fewer QBs became available than expected.

Less bigger names went for bigger money than many analysts expected.

We have a whole new era upon us. This will be such a different year to cap. Not only do we have a lot of new teams in new conferences -- but wins and losses will have different meanings with a playoff upon us.

I'm actually excited for the playoff. I've never been against it, but I really started to fit embrace the thought last year. Now, will this be perfect? Heck no. There are so many issues in Cfb that need to be stored up to make this great again.

Last year was the final year of CFB as we know it. Free agency, NIL and the map changing so much are the biggest culprits. That was an enjoyable year though and hopefully not too many took it for granted (rivalries, the importance of each and every game).

Schedule capping will be very big this year. We have so many teams with just absolutely wild schedules. Those will hopefully be rewarded by the committee.

The committee will still be under scrutiny even with 12 teams. There will still be bias due to TV and money. Bottom line. Get used to it.

A random thought that came to my head the other night. Who are the next coaches to take the NCAA by storm? Who are the personalities? I'd say this is the most bland group in my lifetime. You lost the best in CFB history to retirement. You lost the media favorite and quirkiest. There simply isn't a lot out there. Deion, Lane, Kirby and a few others. Otherwise, pretty 'stock' nowadays.

The fun part for myself will be futures. I think the ability to find in-season value will be unprecedented.

Anyways, let's make this an open discussion. Please try and keep this about information and capping.

Let's cap together (TM).

Three months and camps will open!

Reminder of the playoff schedule this coming year.

Screenshot_20240503-134225.png

The first round is Fri/Sat. They will run up against 2-3 NFL games on Saturday. I'm assuming Friday is nighttime only.

Quarterfinals will be on a Tuesday and Wednesday. Absolutely perfect this first year.

Semis on Thursday and Friday night a week later work great IMO

Traditional Monday night finale. This will be the latest the season has finished. Portal will be interesting for the final two teams.

They have to fix the calendar. That is job 1, 2 and 3.

The season should be great. So many meaningful games in November.

Obviously there will more eyes on what's going on in Tuscaloosa than normal, and for a far different reason than normal. I have some thoughts that I will speak on as the weeks go by, but I think those who think this means the demise and downfall of this program will be disappointed. Likewise, those who think it will be business as usual at Alabama will also be disappointed

Colorado sure does seem like a dumpster fire. Must win for Rhule week 2. Raiola looked every bit of a 5 star this spring and he's got some dudes to throw it to. Assuming the D at least stays at the level they were at last year, this team has a shot at the playoff. Schedule very soft to open to break in Raiola. 2 cupcakes surround the Colorado game and then Illinois, Rutgers, Purdue, and Indiana to open conference play. Hell of a close though with Ohio St, UCLA, USC, Wisconsin, and Iowa.

Colorado sure does seem like a dumpster fire. Must win for Rhule week 2. Raiola looked every bit of a 5 star this spring and he's got some dudes to throw it to. Assuming the D at least stays at the level they were at last year, this team has a shot at the playoff. Schedule very soft to open to break in Raiola. 2 cupcakes surround the Colorado game and then Illinois, Rutgers, Purdue, and Indiana to open conference play. Hell of a close though with Ohio St, UCLA, USC, Wisconsin, and Iowa.
Holy shit those last 5 games

If you go 3-2 I consider that a victory

Ucla might be bad, but yeah, it's a tough end. Bye week in there before USC, i think.

10-2 with losses at USC and Ohio make the playoff?

Ucla might be bad, but yeah, it's a tough end. Bye week in there before USC, i think.

Gotta think so

I have no clue what to make of UCLA but then again with the portal any team can go from irrelevant to relevant in one season

UCLA does not play "Ohio" nor "Ohio State".

Is this bolded thought about them or another school?

UM.

v Fresno W
v Texas close but i'll say L
v arkie st W
v USC i'll say W
v Minny W
@ Wash i will say L
@ Illini i will saw W (but close)
v Mich St W
v Oregon close i will say L
@ Indiana W
v Northwestern W
@ ohio State I will say Blowout Loss by 3 TD's plus

i will predict 8-4 and No Playoff Berth.

If KU’s positive trajectory continues their schedule is VERY conducive to a potential playoff berth.

We bolstered the OL with the consensus 4 star and West Bloomfield High School alum Amir Herring. Herring entered the portal and decided to leave Ann Arbor for greener pastures in Lawrence.

The Motor City has actually become a hot bed for Jayhawk recruiting. Isaiah Marshall and Jalen Todd both rebuffed UM and MSU as they saw the writing on the wall and knew KU is going to compete for championships.

Lindenwood W
@ Illinois W*
UNLV W
@ WVU W
TCU W
@ ASU W*
Houston W
@ KSU L
Iowa State W
@ BYU W
Colorado W
@ Baylor W

11-1

If KU’s positive trajectory continues their schedule is VERY conducive to a potential playoff berth.

We bolstered the OL with the consensus 4 star and West Bloomfield High School alum Amir Herring. Herring entered the portal and decided to leave Ann Arbor for greener pastures in Lawrence.

The Motor City has actually become a hot bed for Jayhawk recruiting. Isaiah Marshall and Jalen Todd both rebuffed UM and MSU as they saw the writing on the wall and knew KU is going to compete for championships.

Lindenwood W
@ Illinois W*
UNLV W
@ WVU W
TCU W
@ ASU W*
Houston W
@ KSU L
Iowa State W
@ BYU W
Colorado W
@ Baylor W

11-1
Amazing coach you have running football in Lawrence.
Would be awesome to see them in the Playoff.

I am feeling quite Bearish on my Sooners this Fall:

May guesses, hoping to feel better in late August.

v Temple W
v Houston W (but close)
v Tulane W (again feels close)
v Tennessee L
at Auburn L
v tex-ass L (ugghhh)
v South Caro W (close)
@ Ole Miss Blowout Loss
v Maine W
@ Mizzu Blowout Loss
v Bama Blowout Loss
@ LSU Blowout Loss

5-7 maybe 6-6
7-5 is an incredible season.

if betting I go 6-6

potentially 4 blowout Losses.

Amazing coach you have running football in Lawrence.
Would be awesome to see them in the Playoff.
Hopefully the man running the football, The Real Deal Devin Neal, lives up to the hype this season. PFF has him #3

The team we were discussing, the team I'm most familiar with.
I think I saw Colorado in there.

my .01 because it is probably not worth .02, but from what I know of what they have coming back vs the opponents material:

- n dak st W
- at nebraska L
- at CSU close one i will say W
- baylor W
- at UCF L
- K St close i will say W as it is in boulder
- at Zona L
- v Cincy W
- at Lubbock Tex Tech L
- Utah L
- at KU (if jawhawkers healthy this is a DD W for home team) L
- Okie Lite close but a L

i see 5-7?

10-2 someone said? shocking.

They're usually good for a 40 pt loss to some big 12 team.
Nebraska is your team, yes?

Mike Grant, Steve Taylor, Gerry Gdowski?

i will take a swack at their sched, again .01 based on what they have coming back vs their opponents material:

- utep W
- colo W
- no iowa W
- Illini W
- at Purdon't L
- rutgers W
- at Indiana close but i will say L
- at Ohio St BLOWOUT L
- UCLA W
- at USC L
- v Wisky L
- at Iowa L

6-6

you go 10-2 against that sched you deserve the playoff. you go 10-2 against that sched you are either much better than we think or several of your big name opponents shat eh bed in '24 (ohio st, ucla, usc, wisky, iowa)

GM3vtuvasAA8Pc8

I will take over 6.5 for the maximum.
Haha, hopefully you get all the wins.
I like Matt Rhule, he was won everywhere.

However, with what you have coming back and what you pulled in recruiting and some limited portal stuff,
I think the bolded games are very tricky because those squads on paper have as much or more than you do and/or
are tricky places to play, in my .01 opinion:

- utep W
- colo W
- no iowa W
- Illini W
- at Purdon't L
- rutgers W
- at Indiana close but i will say L
- at Ohio St BLOWOUT L
- UCLA W
- at USC L
- v Wisky L
- at Iowa L

I would take CU, Ohio St, USC, Wisky, Iowa's roster over Nebraska's right now and UCLA and Purdon't are not that far behind.

8 "tricky" or "difficult" games and I have you 2-6 in those games so if you flip that and go 6-2 or even 5-3 you are very likely in the playoff
and Husker Nation and the Blackshirts are happy.

Good Luck this season !!!

UM.

v Fresno W
v Texas close but i'll say L
v arkie st W
v USC i'll say W
v Minny W
@ Wash i will say L
@ Illini i will saw W (but close)
v Mich St W
v Oregon close i will say L
@ Indiana W
v Northwestern W
@ ohio State I will say Blowout Loss by 3 TD's plus

i will predict 8-4 and No Playoff Berth.

After their response to agitators - wouldn't mind seeing them go 4-8

OSU (Ohio) schedule sets up for an auto playoff berth.

From there though, not expecting much.

As of now.

The most pressure a team/coach has faced in years.

Fragile group as is.

First goal should be winning the Big Ten. They'll need to beat a very good Oregon team and overcome the reigning National Champs as well. That's it schedule wise though.

guess it will be 3 of us going then. of course, one of the three has a poor record of showing for MEAT UPS.

OSU (Ohio) schedule sets up for an auto playoff berth.

From there though, not expecting much.

As of now.

The most pressure a team/coach has faced in years.

Fragile group as is.

First goal should be winning the Big Ten. They'll need to beat a very good Oregon team and overcome the reigning National Champs as well. That's it schedule wise though.

UM fanboy commenting on The Buckeyes. That's fresh.

They're gonna beat the dogshitt out of your boys in The Shoe.

What's the latest on that TRO you reported for JH that was delivered by a faceless judge in a faceless court in PA the night before the Penn State game?

OOPS !!!

I have a lot more than that but I won't bother embarrassing you in this place where you actually have the lemmings' respect, because anyone with a One-Fourth of a college football brain knows you have zero UM connections and just speak out of your backside.

You're a poser.

I’m not a lemming but he did tell me LSU had Underwood locked up before anyone else.
Just for the record. I love this kinda shit though haha. College Football rules!

I’m not a lemming but he did tell me LSU had Underwood locked up before anyone else.
Just for the record. I love this kinda shit though haha. College Football rules!
I have majent blocked because he's a clown.

So, I can only imagine.

Guy bet against Michigan the last 6-7 games last year. Just pure fading due to hate.

He was taken to the shed by the book.

That's stubborn betting.

You can't teach old dogs nee tricks I guess.

@B.A.R. won't see this because he has me "blocked" (rolling eyes) but he keeps saying I bet against UM the last 6-7 games of the season which is absolutely false. 1,000% false.

I posted that I had a dinner wager with my buddy where he gave me 10 points with PSU and they barely covered v UM (lost by 9 if I recall) and the other play I posted as a lean was Bama over UM which was a coinflip game and I made a pick. I did not wager it.

I know how great a coach JH was at UM and the team he had. It does not take away the fact (yes FACT) that they cheated.

Some guys here called the recruiting violation "buying a kid a hamburger".

That is absolutely asinine. 3 years probation for buying a kid a burger.

3 years probation is just the start of the school's football downfall.

Anyhow, if anyone here can show me where I said in the last 6-7 games that I was betting against UM please show me.

Did I take Ohio State and the points in Ann Arbor? Maybe. I cannot recall.

But show me where I picked against UM the last 6-7 games and I will gladly say @B.A.R. was right and I was wrong and I will never post again.

@B.A.R. was wrong time and time again last season on the happenings at UM regarding the scandal and I find it hilarious that people around cannot see
what a fraud he is.

He has an audience of about 9.

Everyone else can see he is fulla shit.

I actually already booked 5 nights for WM by the way, as a group of us are doing the whole Smackdown Friday through Raw Monday deal. Thread to be started shortly as I’m doing the year in advance hype AEW Wembley style.

I actually already booked 5 nights for WM by the way, as a group of us are doing the whole Smackdown Friday through Raw Monday deal. Thread to be started shortly as I’m doing the year in advance hype AEW Wembley style.
You probably could have bought a quarter of the Oakland A's for all of that

Back