Suck it, Sean Payton

Lol the Vancouver player cracked the other guy with a hockey stick but if intent gets out, the sports arena shouldn't be excluded from legal infractions

It did with this guy. Fuck him. SKOL fuck him.

You have things backwards

Marty McSorley played for Boston and he whacked Donald Brashear in the head

Reactions: KJ
Kinda thought it was McSorley and remembered something about Vancouver as well..was he charged in Canada?

Kinda thought it was McSorley and remembered something about Vancouver as well..was he charged in Canada?
i remember the play and the news about it

CBC Sports · March 8, 2000

Boston Bruins defenceman Marty McSorley, charged Tuesday with assault with a weapon, is the first NHL player since 1988 to face a criminal charge resulting from his actions in a hockey game.

The rugged, longtime veteran with the trademark flowing, golden locks was charged as a result of a stick attack on Canucks forward Donald Brashear on Feb. 21 in Vancouver.

"I'm disappointed it's going to court because I don't really know if anybody knows right now how much I've already lost - in a sense of just not having the right to play and I mean you have your reputation tarnished," he said on the ESPN show Up Close.

"Don't get me wrong . . . I feel incredibly bad that Donald Brashear got hurt because of my stick," McSorley continued.

"I wanted him to turn around and have a confrontation with me and fight, like we did earlier in the game, like we've done in games before and like I've done so many times before."

The charge against McSorley, which carries a maximum 18-month sentence, also prompted a hint of regret from the NHL and former teammate Ray Bourque.

In Calgary, Bourque wished McSorley well as he prepared for a game against the Flames.

"As a player we all hoped that what came down from the NHL on how they reacted to the incident was going to be it," said Bourque, who was traded Monday to the Colorado Avalanche.

"We were all hoping it would stay in the hockey environment. I know Marty feels bad about it. I just hope it works out for Marty because he really is a great guy and he's a great competitor."

When the NHL suspended McSorley, it said it had co-operated with police but would prefer to penalize its own players.

On Tuesday, Bill Daly, the league's chief legal officer, reiterated that stance.

"As we stated at the time the suspension was imposed, we believe the league dealt with the matter quickly, decisively and appropriately - and did not feel that any further action was either warranted or necessary.

"We, therefore, would have preferred that the Crown not take this action.

"Having said that, the Vancouver authorities have made their decision and we remain committed to offering our full co-operation in any way we can."

Brashear was struck in the head by a stick in a Feb. 21 game in Vancouver. He dropped to the ice, suffering a Grade 3 concussion.

He was told to remain inactive for as long as three weeks and then have his condition re-evaluated.

McSorley was to appear in provincial court April 4, charged under section 267(a) of the Criminal Code of Canada.

McSorley's lawyer Bill Smart said McSorley intends to plead not guilty.

"We're hoping that a trial date can be set for late summer or early fall, but that will depend on court availability and witness availability."

The maximum 18-month sentence in a summary conviction such as the charge against McSorley is rarely imposed.

In Victoria, a spokesman for the criminal justice branch said McSorley won't be required to attend B.C. Provincial Court in April.

"Mr. McSorley can make his preliminary appearances in court via his legal counsel," said Geoff Gaul. "Eventually, when the matter does come for a resolution, Mr. McSorley is expected to attend."

McSorley was suspended by the NHL for the rest of the season (23 games) and the playoffs after the slashing. It was the harshest penalty ever imposed by the league.

The Bruins hockey club had no comment on the decision.

McSorley's agent, Mike Barnett, was also not immediately available to comment. The NHL Players' Association would not comment, saying the matter is before the courts.

Brashear, who is the Canucks tough guy and one of the league's best fighters, was having his best season ever on the final year of his current contract.

While McSorley is the first NHL player ever charged in British Columbia, he is not the first overall. There have been a number of players charged as well as numerous suspensions.

Prior to McSorley, the most recent criminal instance was in 1988 when Minnesota's Dino Ciccarelli was sentenced to one day in jail and fined $1,000 for striking Toronto defenceman Luke Richardson several times in the head with his stick.

Reactions: KJ
there was a case against Todd Bertuzzi too, punched Steve Moore , I think it might have just been civil though and he has gotten paid

Moore sued everyone, even his parents did for the 'harm' it caused them, from the team, to the league, to Bertuzzi, even the coach because he supposedly said lets get him. Moore had thrown a wicked elbow at Marcus Naslund and concussed him a few months earlier which is why their was bad blood

Is the Skol chant a rip off of what Iceland does?

How many professional sports teams have copied this chant?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sean Payton is 55? Wowsers, dude looks 40, good for him although he has put on some weight the last 2 years.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Former captain, club great, nicest guy on the planet and all round legend

img110.jpg

Back