Stons/Bulls Game 3 Discussion

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
Lets first look at a little line history of this game. This game opened Chicago -4/183.5. That was late Monday. It then was quickly hit down to Chicago -2. Its been around that to 2.5 before it was taken off the board yesterday. So, the early big money was on Detroit.

Ben Wallace. He left practice on Wednesday with back spasms. Never heard of Ben having an issue back-wise in his tenure here. So, it kinda shocked me at first. Of course in my devilish thinking Skiles knows his team is better equipped to beat Detroit playing a small-ball philosophy with Ben off the floor. I told this to everyone a few months ago. Ben, in a playoff situation, hurts this team more than he helps. Anyhoo, gametime decision or whatever.

Chicago changes to lineup? Most likely not. Skiles doesn't want to show his troops that he is desperate. He did indicate that Nocioni will not be guarding Prince as much. He just doesn't have the lateral movement at this point. His thinking with having Noci on Prince is to take away the post game. The changes Chicago needs to make are staying outta foul trouble and making some shots.

One of the greatest basketball coaches in history, Chuck Daly, once said that a playoff series doesn't start till a road team wins a game. Thats what perople have to remember in this instance. Now, I fully think Detroit wins this series. They have their minds set on something unlike last year. That being said lets look at history a little bit. In both 2004 and 2006 the Stons led their 2nd round series 2-0. In both cases they lost the next 3 games before winning in 7 games(series against NJ and CLE). That is in the past though. Detroit did end that game 3 slump in the first round as well. Just some things to ponder.

Emotional edge goes to the young Bulls tonight. They haven't played at home in over 2 weeks and the crowd will be ready. My first and maybe only play on this game will be the Chicago 1st qtr. I expect them to get out of the gate strong. The key for the full game is how strong..? As long as Detroit stays close the emotion will wear off and we will have a dogfight in the second half. Thats where the game could go either way in my estimation.

Should be interesting...

Plays to follow

agree that bulls 1st qt is the way to go tonight. They don't come out and feed off the home crowd and do right well for several minutes, they may get swept.

GL to us

BAR
I think that bc of the emotion, the Bulls play their game tonight - faster paced and will definitely shoot much better. If they don't come out firing and hitting their shots, it's over and they know it.
I don't know if you saw but both Gordon and Hinrich were on ESPN talking about how awful they played. I agree with you, I think the Buls win 1st quarter by at least 5 and the half by the same and maybe even more. It looks like the over might be the better play for the game but I do also like the Bulls chances as well.

take the under when it reaches its peak. bulls in this situation are pure to it so far this year.

bol all

BAR- I like the 1Q too, wonder about what you said about Nocioni not guarding Prince as much... any idea who he'll guard?? He's too slow for Prince and too short for Sheed. If he'll be on Sheed and they go with a small lineup I'll be taking Sheed Over 20.5 pts/rbs ... GL tonight

take the under when it reaches its peak. bulls in this situation are pure to it so far this year.

bol all

take the under in the bulls game. chicago is 7-0 to the under off a bad road loss when they play their next game at home. there is also additional value because the game 2 line was 181.5 and tonights is creeping up towards 185.5. overreaction to the 195 pts scored in the det blowout in game 2. chicago will bring it defensively tonight. gl.

Emotional edge goes to the young Bulls tonight. They haven't played at home in over 2 weeks and the crowd will be ready. My first and maybe only play on this game will be the Chicago 1st qtr. I expect them to get out of the gate strong. The key for the full game is how strong..? As long as Detroit stays close the emotion will wear off and we will have a dogfight in the second half. Thats where the game could go either way in my estimation.

I'm with you. I see a strong effort from Chicago early. But they have played so poorly in the first 2 games, that the emotion just might not be enough. If Pistons can stay with 6 in the 1Q, and within 6 by half, they should have a shot in the end.

I don't think the bulls have a chance. Period! In game 1 Billups came out like a bat out of hell. If he does that tonight no way bulls are up at the 1st quarter or half! Detroit has too much talent and too much edge on the bulls, and if ben sits and chicago plays a small offense then Detroit will have Hunter, Mcdiess, and murray.
Chicago does not have what it takes to beat the stons, they will get swept and it really should go over. Detroit will score 110 plus points.
There ready!! No games here boys it's the playoffs and they want this one bad!!

also remember a few things and this serves from memory so correct me if im wrong, but Billups did not play and Weber was not around for 2 of those chicago victories earlier in the year, and Detroit wants tonight just as bad, remember all the problems last year with mr ben wallace. Tonight they will take him down in his new home.....

Brewer I've been in Vegas for the last 5 days laughing at you and your Bulls. It was funny watching people from the Windy City losing big, I had a guy behind me when I placed a bet on Game 2 that was putting 8k on the Bulls. Here Here:cheers:

Why is the public ALL OVER the Bulls tonight? I understand they need this game, however, losing those first two games like they did...I don't see them winning this game or any game this series. Their front court can't touch Detroit.

Brewer I've been in Vegas for the last 5 days laughing at you and your Bulls. It was funny watching people from the Windy City losing big, I had a guy behind me when I placed a bet on Game 2 that was putting 8k on the Bulls. Here Here:cheers:

you thinking of me while your in vegas worries me some. nice to know you find enjoyment when others lose, as well.

i only have made one play in this series so far. had chicago +5.5 in game 2 coming off a 20+ pt loss. the zig zag theory didnt hold that time.

i have chi 1q, -2 for game, and under 185 for tonight.

gl tonight. :cheers:

Why is the public ALL OVER the Bulls tonight? I understand they need this game, however, losing those first two games like they did...I don't see them winning this game or any game this series. Their front court can't touch Detroit.

The public isn't even close to being all over the bulls.

hard to be a fan of a team and be sensible Atl. few people fit that description.

i dont know where you find your information or who you have been talking to you but your statement is nowhere near to being accurate.

euros, i think what you are trying to say is why are there more posters on this forum on the bulls than the stons. am i correct here?

00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

the eyes of the 59 people who are viewing atm.

Haha, I apologize for not remembering the Red Wings .. Sodapop, not sure why I cut the quote off there, but it's a little homerish to call for a sweep and Det to score 110+ .. that score likely won't happen again with these two teams. You could be right though since Chi is playing so poorly, your Det comments are automatically under homer investigation however, it comes with the avatar/location

Alimony,

I was a little suprised when I saw you pulled out a quote from the one and only Chuck D. Man I enjoyed watching his yell.
I will agree with two things tonight. One is that the bulls will be emotional.
The second being that the pistons have other things in mind this year. I believe they needed rest and that this year they are going to get it by dominating on the road. I pounded the line at +2.5 and I am going to pound it a little more right now..
STONES IN 4.

"AND A GOOD DAY TO YOU SIR":drinking:

1st quarter play is the way to go IMO. Nice hit on the Jazz and over last night BAR....get that money.

thats gonna be my only play it looks like smh..prollem is bookmaker will most likely be down till tomorrow...hit and miss till then...

local said he'll get me a first qtr line in a bit

thats gonna be my only play it looks like smh..prollem is bookmaker will most likely be down till tomorrow...hit and miss till then...

local said he'll get me a first qtr line in a bit

It's a fuckin bitch the world we live in these days. Last year at this time I had my choice between 5 different books offering 1st quarters....now I'm paying $1.30 for the action....how am I supposed to grind out a profit now?

:down:

Ain't that the truth.

Luckily my wild style has me under .500 but up nicely for the playoffs...lol

Farm, you could be right on bro..gl tonight..enjoy the game

well..finally got on bookamker...its -1-140

my local gave me -1 -120

so..went with local

4 units on Bulls first qtr -1 -120

GL to all...

heres a little fun bet tonight as well..

DET -3.5 +200 1.5 units

something to consider......if you are correct in your assessment of the 1st Q, you may very well see Det +2.5 (+200) or perhaps even much better juice in the Matchbook in-game betting during the first quarter.

'an_horse'

Red...very true. When I have some time soon I am going to finally get over to matchbook

can't recommend it enough. I'm wondering how much action there'll be during WNBA...and there aren't any quarter wagers or anything that might be considered exotic.

last night I had the warriors ML and Spread...well, can't do anything about the ML, but after the 2 quick Deron Williams fouls, they started calling every touch foul against GSW at both ends of the court (at least that was my perception), so in the 3rd when the Warriors got back into it with that flurry of insane threes, I was able to hedge then. I figured if they manage a win for me, it'll be because the 3s keep getting drained at an insane rate, anyway.

...at any rate, I saved myself some money because of them.

can't recommend it enough. I'm wondering how much action there'll be during WNBA...and there aren't any quarter wagers or anything that might be considered exotic.

last night I had the warriors ML and Spread...well, can't do anything about the ML, but after the 2 quick Deron Williams fouls, they started calling every touch foul against GSW at both ends of the court (at least that was my perception), so in the 3rd when the Warriors got back into it with that flurry of insane threes, I was able to hedge then. I figured if they manage a win for me, it'll be because the 3s keep getting drained at an insane rate, anyway.

...at any rate, I saved myself some money because of them.

No doubt its great for that.

I was looking at the box after seeing an entire ingame of whining and magically the Warriors shot more FT's..lol...

Very true though the benefits:shake:

What's the final word on the Detroit-Chicago game?

Earlier line was Detroit +3, within the hour, it's now Detroit+2.5 but the ML isn't moving at all.

well, I didn't see the ingame. And I have seen the boxscore - 29 fouls each, and that includes an inordinate number of Jazz fouls in the last minute of regulation.

I figured I could keep bitching and screaming at the TV or I could go do something about a tendency I think I saw in the game (fair or unfair, who cares - it is what it is). Maybe it's all delusion, but I like to take control of what happens around me - I don't like to sit there and take it when something "happens to me" and I used the tools at my disposal to save myself a couple units.

And ultimately, the Warriors (and backers) can't bitch about the refs - if GSW had hit the free throws they should have hit, there would have been no chance for the Jazz to come away with a win or force an OT. The refs giving the Jazz a comeback from 31-24ish doesn't account for the game, even if we all agree that the refs gave it to em.....and undoubtedly the Jazz backers wouldn't have seen it that way.

:shake:

Last minute of regulation was prolly 3 dfouls if I remeber correct...same as in OT...

My point intially was that you used the tools you had to make a smart decision.

My otheer point was their was a lot of complaing that was unwarranted last night.

GL tonight all. Prolly check in after 1st qtr

First half...

Everyone will say a great defensive half by Chicago..it was good.

The last 2?:50 of the half they were great...the rest of the half solid.

Detroit didn't attempt any FT's till last 5 seconds of half but they are letting the teams play at both ends. Surely there are a few drives Detroit coulda gotten to line on but no big deal.

Chicago finally strung together some jumpshots and that started the momentum. Detroit was limiting them to one shot till last 6 minutes of the half.

The best player on the court is Rasheed Wallace. He was everywhere in the first qtr but never got back into the offensive flow in late second qtr.

Not a huge suprise..was this 1st half. Detroit was controlling game early(as far as hopw they wanted to play it) but offense went sour along with an aggressive 2nd qtr of defense for Chicago

2nd half...Detroit battles back in third, no doubt. I still think this game gets tight late

Detroit -4 -115 4 units
Under 91 -110 2 units

gl to all

I liked the under for this game but wanted to wait for game 4.

One...both teams played very good 1st half defense
Two...those rims keep getting tighter at United Center
Three...I played it for 2 units..so its a small play..I think its worth the investment

I liked the under for this game but wanted to wait for game 4.

One...both teams played very good 1st half defense
Two...those rims keep getting tighter at United Center
Three...I played it for 2 units..so its a small play..I think its worth the investment

you seem irritated bro relax.

Back