Steelers Roll

~Utah

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
Arizona got set up nicely with who they had to play in the playoffs. Didnt expect the the Carolina win but the ATL and Eagles win was far from suprising

To say the Eagles defense is comparable to the Steelers defense is plain ridiculous and meatballish

Arizona was 9-7 in the regular and played in the worst division in football.

I really dont feel like even going it anymore, but the Steelers rock this game like its 1999 'an_horse'

Here is a trend, every team that has committed sacrilege to the Terrible Towel has never ended up winning shit.

Arizona's governor, or Phoenix's mayor committed the huge mistake of blowing his nose in the Towel.

Its over before it started

Last thing, people over think the Superbowl. Ill give you the example of the Bears and Colts. People thought the Bears would give the Colts a game and it never really happened. I seriously think the Steelers just run with this one. The Cardinals have been shutdown this season at times, Warner is not as amazing as people seem to think. This guy fumbles, he throws untimely int's. This improved run game that the Cardinals have experienced in the playoffs which has been key to victory isn't gonna happen.

I am a homer, but also, the Steelers have outright dominated in the playoffs. The Chargers game was near perfection. Ill give you this, the Ravens game was close, and we made a lot of mistakes. Think about this, the Holmes TD was called off, Limas Sweed cant catch, and its not even a game if those plays are made. I know a lot of would of should of could of's can be argued, but this Ravens defense certainly didnt shutdown the Steelers offense, the Steelers offense shut themselves down

Last thing, people over think the Superbowl. Ill give you the example of the Bears and Colts. People thought the Bears would give the Colts a game and it never really happened. I seriously think the Steelers just run with this one. The Cardinals have been shutdown this season at times, Warner is not as amazing as people seem to think. This guy fumbles, he throws untimely int's. This improved run game that the Cardinals have experienced in the playoffs which has been key to victory isn't gonna happen.

As soon as the Bears scored that quick TD and went up 7-0, I turned to all the Bears fans in the room and said "It's over, the Colts are going to crush them!" I see this game playing out the same way. Kurt Warner will be a turnover machine on sunday! STEELER NATION!

Arizona got set up nicely with who they had to play in the playoffs. Didnt expect the the Carolina win but the ATL and Eagles win was far from suprising

To say the Eagles defense is comparable to the Steelers defense is plain ridiculous and meatballish

Arizona was 9-7 in the regular and played in the worst division in football.

I really dont feel like even going it anymore, but the Steelers rock this game like its 1999 'an_horse'

You don't think the Steelers got set up nicely as well? They were a highly controversial overturned goalline call away from probably not having a bye week and playing on the road all through the playoffs.

Then the AFC tournament featured four teams that had played the Steelers, two they knew they could beat, two that knew they could beat the Steelers. An injury plagued San Diego bumps off a red hot Indy, and then a tired Ravens team miraculously beats the rested and healthy Titans.

How many times in history has a team made the Super Bowl by beating teams they'd already showed they could handle in the regular season? Now that's a dream draw.

None of this says the Steelers won't win on Sunday, but there's no doubt they're the luckiest team in the NFL. I don't know how anyone who's not a diehard fan or putting large $ on them could be rooting for them on Sunday. I've got $ on the Steelers myself and I'm still rooting for the Cards, haha.

"Just when I thought I was out, they pulled me back in." -- Michael Corleone

They being Matchbook because I now see Ariz +7' -131 and Pitt ML -226 -- and these are getting close to the numbers I want to unload.

You don't think the Steelers got set up nicely as well? They were a highly controversial overturned goalline call away from probably not having a bye week and playing on the road all through the playoffs.

Then the AFC tournament featured four teams that had played the Steelers, two they knew they could beat, two that knew they could beat the Steelers. An injury plagued San Diego bumps off a red hot Indy, and then a tired Ravens team miraculously beats the rested and healthy Titans.

How many times in history has a team made the Super Bowl by beating teams they'd already showed they could handle in the regular season? Now that's a dream draw.

None of this says the Steelers won't win on Sunday, but there's no doubt they're the luckiest team in the NFL. I don't know how anyone who's not a diehard fan or putting large $ on them could be rooting for them on Sunday. I've got $ on the Steelers myself and I'm still rooting for the Cards, haha.

To answer your first question. that TD was confirmed by the NFL, in the Ravens game, to be a TD. There is no controversy there.

Ill admit that I didnt not want to play the Colts and the Chargers was pretty lucky, but in my opinion. I dont see how you can say the Ravens miraculously beat the Titans because thats what most people expected to happen. They barely beat the Ravens. Hell they almost lost. They played really shitty, and because the Steelers made the play, and Troy picked it off we are lucky now?

I dont know how Smokedawg can call the Steelers the luckiest team in history when his own team needed 3 teams to lose or something in one week for them to make the playoffs and all 3 teams lost and they made it. There was never a doubt the Steelers would make the playoffs at the end of the season as far as im concerned?

I dont think the Steelers have been that lucky this year, theyve had some calls go their way but theyve had just as many go the other way.

I understand people cheering for the Cards because the Steelers are on their way to Superbowl greatness if they do win. Every1 hated the Patriots when they were dominate, and now people will hate the Steelers this weekend. Its part of being good and I accept that people hate my team and respect that people want the underdog to win

I dont know how Smokedawg can call the Steelers the luckiest team in history when his own team needed 3 teams to lose or something in one week for them to make the playoffs and all 3 teams lost and they made it. There was never a doubt the Steelers would make the playoffs at the end of the season as far as im concerned?

I dont think the Steelers have been that lucky this year, theyve had some calls go their way but theyve had just as many go the other way.

First of all, the Steelers being the luckiest team in the history of the NFL has nothing to do with the Eagles, nor did I mention anything about the Eagles, and thats just the typical Pittsburgh inferiority complex about Philadelphia shining through...:shake:

Now as for the Steelers being the luckiest team in the history of the NFL, i wasnt talking about this year, just in general. Theyre the luckiest franchise in the HISTORY OF THE NFL. The immaculate reception? The Roethlisberger tackle? The Refs in the Seattle Super Bowl?

Theyre lucky bastards...just the way it is...

Steelers played the toughest schedule in the league this year and came out w/ a 1st round bye and the #1 D.

Sorry, but sketchy calls or not that is amazing.

It might not have anything to do w/ tomorrow's outcome, but hearing people bash on Pitt by saying they are "lucky" is a joke.

Peep this schedule:

Philly
NYG
Dallas
Wash

Balt x3
SD x2
NE
Tenny
Indy

Gimme a break....lucky? 12-4 with that schedule? lolololololol

i didnt mean they were lucky this year!!

theyre the best team in the afc, probably the nfl this year

i just meant as a whole the franchise has a very lucky vibe around them whereas someone like say the browns or eagles do not share that lucky vibe

just an observation over the years

(and their schedule this year was absurd)

smoke , stop being jealous you don't live in the REAL "City of Champions"... :pillow:

maybe youre forgetting where the reigning arena bowl champions live?!?

they were so dominant they had to disband the league because no one could compete with them!!

:36_11_6:

Back