Steelers Roll

~Utah

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
They win by a large margin. If the Ravens win I will walk from here to Baltimore on Monday. They dont stand a chance.

well fuck Ravens should have won 1 if not both games this year.

They are due to win one of these damn games vs the steelers right ?

I watch people say that this will be a close game, and it just wont be. Granted im walking from Pittsburgh to Baltimore only if the Steelers lose but here is why the Steelers cover the number

First of all most people are picking the Ravens because the other 2 games were close. That's great and all but this is a whole different ball game

- Joe Flacco had his worst game against the Steelers
- Ravens defense is beat up and it looks like Suggs wont be playing
- Ravens had no business beating the Titans even I would say.
- Steelers played their best game of the year against the Chargers.
- The first Ravens game was close because we made the worst play calling in the history of the NFL
- The second Ravens game was close because we never win in Baltimore and never play well in Baltimore
- Despite logical thinking, teams usually win in the 3rd game when one team won the previous 2
- Rex Ryan, this guy is all but gone, this has to be a distraction
- You can argue that the Chargers were just tired and thats why the Steelers played so well, but the Ravens havent had a week off since Week 2 of the season
- Someone please explain to me why Joe Flacco is the best deep passer in the league. This statement by Trent Dilfer astounded me. If anything credit should be given to Mason for being a great WR. I can recall Flacco making one accurate deep ball. It was a great pass but that was it. How many highlights are there of Mason having to go back to the ball because Flacco underthrew him.
- Willie Parker is finally healthy and is apparently looking forward to this defense
- This was years ago, but the line was exactly the same, and the hype was the same. Last time the Ravens came to Pittsburgh for a playoff game in similiar circumstances (great defenses). Pittsburgh won by 17 and it was never really a game

well fuck Ravens should have won 1 if not both games this year.

They are due to win one of these damn games vs the steelers right ?

I dont understand this. Despite them both being close games, the Ravens defense blew it both times. Why should they have won the first game? They just blew it. The second game, people will argue the TD shouldnt have even counted. First of all if it didn't, who's to say the Steelers dont win the game on the next play. Second of all it was controversial then, but the controversy should have ended when the NFL said it was the right call. When people say a team "should have won". Well my way of thinking is something happened, that was unfair, for example the Bronco's/Chargers game with the non-fumble call. Plain and simple, Ravens defense didn't stop the Steelers on the winning drive.

Yeah, I was really high on Baltimore until I saw the way they've decided to play in the playoffs. If they stay conservative this week and play that same offense they put out there last week they should lose by double digits.

It's true, though, they should have won at the very least the second game vs. Pittsburgh.

Oh, I also have a bad feeling Flacco doesn't have a good game this week. I think he struggles a lot, and understandably so.

I tend to agree and feel the steelers can win this game and cover--

throw out the past, its the present,

the only concern I have is willy parker struggling vs ravens runnning ?

Other than that steelers are a better team, and if their offense plays like last week they win by 13 to 20

I tend to agree and feel the steelers can win this game and cover--

throw out the past, its the present,

Other than that steelers are a better team, and if their offense plays like last week they win by 13 to 20

why would you want to throw out the past stats if you think pitt rolls?
theyve won 7 of 8 and both matchups this year....

Ravens are banged up. Fatigued. theyre an old and experienced defense unit, and are showing wear and tear. they didnt even deserve to beat tenny. the refs and tenny turnovers did.

and the flacco smoke and mirrors train ends here.

Played two grind-it-out road games in 2 weeks, and now have to travel to steeler country. from playing the second most physical team in the NFL to the first. stillers got their rest w/ the first round bye and are the healthiest theyve been all season. pitt looks scary. alot more depth at the WR position then i gave them credit for.
rolle and suggs already doubtful....not going to help the ravens d.

Ravens need to get ARKANOID next year to add some depth.
Pitt rolls, ravens wont break 13 :cheers:

we own baltimore, we always beat them and parker has been banged up in the past matchup's vs the ravens. hes healthy now.

I think if you are thinking about backing the Ravens here, you have to be concerned about what Chris Johnson was doing to that defense...He was gashing them play after play...making them look old and tired up front...Willie Parker is finally looking healthy...you could see it in week 17 against CLE...that burst was back..that was backed up by his play against SD....either he's healthier or the talk that the bus had with him really hit home...but Parker is a guy that has the same type of speed and quicks to hurt you like Johnson...granted, he's not as good IMO..as Johnson's speed, vision, and cutback ability is really something special...

You also have to be concerned about the injuries...Suggs, Rolle, even McLain...he's their best back and has been for the latter part of the season...these are concerns..

This game seems to set up for a Pittsburgh cover IMO..you always worry about division foes playing in a conf championship game when they know each other this well...normally means a close game...alot working against BAL here though IMHO.

god damnit with this thread man! as a fan you should know better however i keep sayin it.. GOOD TEAMS FIND A WAY TO WIN.. gonna be a great game.. just because the ravens ALMOST beat us twice doesnt mean dick IMO.. only W's do

also i see the ravens taking many chances with the deep ball .. our secondary is always sketchy.. the steelers will be throwing alot too i think.. look for Ravens #31 i think Washingotn maybe.. he sux ass they will throw to wherever he is on the field cuz that dude fucking sux for the Ravens secondary.. watch the game vs Tenny again and watch him he is so soft cant tackle cant hang

<TABLE class=yspwhitebg cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=ysprow1 vAlign=top><TD>31</TD><TD>Washington, Fabian</TD><TD>CB</TD><TD>5-11 </TD><TD>180 </TD><TD>6/9/83 </TD><TD>4 </TD><TD>Nebraska</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

dude will be exposed you watch!

if u feel that strong then max bet it at pitt -6. i dont understand tha line though pitt -6?

this game was pitt -6 back in september. when flaco was in his 3rd pro game. they lost by 3 in that game. pitt came to bmore an were 3 point dogs an won outright by 4 points. how does this like really make sense? flaco now has 1 full season as a qb, an 2 playoff wins under his belt, and now ravens are catchin tha same points they caught 3 and a half months ago? i think pitt should win this and cover also but this topic is jus coversesq

Get used to this Sunday :36_11_6:

Is that your strongest case? Prepare to see a lot of that? They had 3 in each game (the ravens) . In fact Ben has only been sacked 5 times in the last 4 games. If you ask me, thats pretty good. But that's a lot of good info you got their shark

Back