Steele

tru

Friend of CTG
I know Friday preorders were shipped, on his site it says hits news stands tha 24. Some got em early lastyear, anyone get a copy yet?

You know whats funny, and I was going to start a similar thread last night but I didn't even pre-order one this year. It just isn't the same for me as say 5 years ago. I'll buy one soon but I didn't buy one like a month ago.

Did get this email few days ago as well..

[TABLE="width: 600"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD][TABLE="width: 100%"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD="width: 88%, bgcolor: #7E7E7E"][TABLE="width: 100%"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #7e7e7e"][TABLE="width: 100%"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD]June 4, 2014
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[TD="width: 5%, bgcolor: #000000"][TABLE="width: 100%"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #000000"][TABLE="width: 100%"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[TD="width: 1%, bgcolor: #C7C7C7"][TABLE="width: 100%"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #c7c7c7"][TABLE="width: 100%"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
<tbody>[TR]
<tbody>[TR]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
[/TD]
<tbody>[TR]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[TD="width: 88%, bgcolor: #474E77"][TABLE="width: 100%"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #474e77"][TABLE="width: 100%"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD]
Phil Steele’s 2014 College Football Preview is NOW available on iTunes to download to your iPhone or iPad for just $9.99.
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
[/TD]
<tbody>[TR]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
[/TD]
<tbody>[TR]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
<tbody>[TR]
<tbody>[TR]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
[/TD]
<tbody>[TR]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[TD="width: 88%, bgcolor: #ffffff"][TABLE="width: 100%"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #ffffff"][TABLE="width: 100%"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD]1) Get it a FULL 3 WEEKS before the magazine hits the stores June 24!
2) It’s easy to use and works perfectly for both the iPhone and iPad.
3) No bugs, no issues, take it with you where ever you go!
4) It’s only $9.99! On the newsstand, the magazine will cost you $12.99.
5) Non-U.S. Customers: The magazine will not be on the newsstands internationally, the only way to get the 2014 College Football Preview is to order through our offices and pay at least $35 (includes S&H) or get it on iTunes for just $9.99.
Don’t wait three weeks until the magazine hits the newsstands. CLICK HERE TOGet my 2014 College Football Preview right now for just $9.99 on your iPhone or iPad!
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

I saw that was able to download now also, last year was tha 1st and it came out after hard copy hit news stands. Some people say quality has gone down over tha years, but it still has a lot of valuable info for each fbs team.

I was in Cincinnati around this time last year and got the mag. This year right now I'm in Charlotte and I checked a couple places and didn't see it

I was in Cincinnati around this time last year and got the mag. This year right now I'm in Charlotte and I checked a couple places and didn't see it
Yeah I remember, lastyear u were one of those muthafuckas that got it almost a month before god got it. His site said it hits stands June 24, I know it was out lastyear in certain spots at this time. I wish he continued his fcs mag still

Yeah I remember, lastyear u were one of those muthafuckas that got it almost a month before god got it. His site said it hits stands June 24, I know it was out lastyear in certain spots at this time. I wish he continued his fcs mag still
i checked here in Toronto and nothing...but how you god, if you can't get your hands on shit before anyone else? damn tru

I ordered via early shipment and got mine via Priority Mail this morning in Texas. It is still hands down the best informational source for the CFB handicapper. The others collectively do not equal Steele's publication for handicapping purposes.

Good luck,
Paul

I ordered via early shipment and got mine via Priority Mail this morning in Texas. It is still hands down the best informational source for the CFB handicapper. The others collectively do not equal Steele's publication for handicapping purposes.

Good luck,
Paul

Lindys does a good job, but it's not even on tha same level as Steele. A lot of people say it has fallen off, but wit 2 pages per fbs school it has a lot of info for each team.

Good luck,
Paul

Have you checked out the SBNation previews?

BillC does an amazing job. Those previews are gold mines of analytic info. Not so much in the way of betting info like spreads & line history etc. but absolutely some of the best ammo in my belt

I told Jim last week when he told me took look over sbnation previews I laughed when I saw tha adjusted results. Indiana won a game 50-14 at home or some bullshit, and tha adjusted results had them losing tha game. I stopped lookin more after that. Only good thing god saw was it had total number of starts for each O linemen.

Ha! The analytics take some getting used to. That stat is ver tricky to get early on, it presupposes the team is playing an absolutely avg team & what the expected result would have been. Honestly took me 2 seasons to fully understand how to view that metric. Kick it around some, can bring about some serious next level analysis of performance

I really like how you can see percentage of stats returning. For instance a team could lose their starting RB and thats what you get out of Steele but their next 2 guys who combined for 60% of the carries and 65% of the yards may both return. IMO that's not exactly losing a returning starter. The same goes with WRs, OLs in terms of career starts and LBs in terms of tackles

Ha! The analytics take some getting used to. That stat is ver tricky to get early on, it presupposes the team is playing an absolutely avg team & what the expected result would have been. Honestly took me 2 seasons to fully understand how to view that metric. Kick it around some, can bring about some serious next level analysis of performance

Nah i do see how that can work, cause not always does tha rite side when/cover. We as sports investors know this. Close games where late fluke luck shot happens, or just bad late turnovers. But I'm sorry that Indiana game those fools had readjusted to them losin after they won by 5+ tds is laughable.

I really like how you can see percentage of stats returning. For instance a team could lose their starting RB and thats what you get out of Steele but their next 2 guys who combined for 60% of the carries and 65% of the yards may both return. IMO that's not exactly losing a returning starter. The same goes with WRs, OLs in terms of career starts and LBs in terms of tackles

Exactly. Hard to lose weeks 1-5 before conference play if you key on some declining vs some rising teams

After lookin over this years, Steele is still tha best cfb preview magazine out there.

Preordered. No way god was gettin fucked again like last year, waitin an waitin till it hit newsstands here. I got mine almost 2 weeks earlier than last year, so I'm glad I will be prepared even earlier than last year

me too, truwhen they discontinued last year, I called them and talked about it.
In addition to there being not much interest, they told me that it was very difficult to obtain information from a lot of the schools. I never thought about that, but I guess at the FCS level that should not surprise.
We go away for a week July 4. I hope I have my copy by then.
GL this season

Anybody looked at the CFB Matrix preview yet? Despite Todd Furhman writing for it I'm interested in looking at it

[/I]me too, truwhen they discontinued last year, I called them and talked about it.
In addition to there being not much interest, they told me that it was very difficult to obtain information from a lot of the schools. I never thought about that, but I guess at the FCS level that should not surprise.
We go away for a week July 4. I hope I have my copy by then.
GL this season

Like always GL this season, kill it like normal. I figured not as much interest for tha fcs mag, but never thought about harder to get tha same info at those smaller fcs schools.

I just updated my mag with Steele's list on his site and he has missed one that I noticed. Kansas St LB Nick Ramirez is listed in the magazine but he's no longer on the team.

Cant find this thing anywhere, CVS nope, Kroger, nope, Walgreens nope...wtf...nvr had this problem. Guess I will hit up Barnes and Noble this week, stupid

Back