State of UFC

wiseplayer

Pretty much a regular
It's slowly losing momentum with the Notorious one on the sidelines. Anthony Johnson flat out didn't want to take any punches last night knowing it was his last fight. He tapped out quickly. Weidman fight was a disaster.
There's not enough personalities worth the $60 ppv cost.
Anyone here actually pay for this last night?

It's slowly losing momentum with the Notorious one on the sidelines. Anthony Johnson flat out didn't want to take any punches last night knowing it was his last fight. He tapped out quickly. Weidman fight was a disaster.
There's not enough personalities worth the $60 ppv cost.
Anyone here actually pay for this last night?

i didn't see any, read an article that rumble tried to outwrestle a wrestler... me and a good friend of mine have had talks about this for yrs.. still happens. Wrestlers trying to box, boxers trying to wrestle...

My problem is that it is being shoved down our throats way too much..
on every 7 days it seems. Like 10 years ago I used to rotate buying the event which was on monthly n we would hang out with food n beer... don't watch anymore.

Good point regardin the frequency of fights. It's a barbaric sport to begin with. I'm losing interest

Yup. I don't understand the strategy of some of these fighters. I remember the BJ Penn vs Frankie Edgar rematch. Penn used the exact same strategy that he used the prior fight where he couldn't muster any attack on Edgar and got the same result. I don't get it. Rousey trying stand up that last fight was also ponderous. Just odd what they choose to do ... as if winning means less than proving you can do exactly what you are weak at. Makes no sense.

I think it is over-saturated too. I don't follow it as close anymore. I enjoy the sport, so I do watch some but I am not a true fan anymore.

It was bound to happen... Some shit lasts forever..... Some doesn't

you can guess which will

Also, there are soooooooooooo many problems with the structure

boxing has issues..... It is almost like they are reversed for mma

and these dudes had a blueprint to NOT fail

The UFC isn't going anywhere. It's here to stay. Agree with you guys though, the last couple main cards (UFC 209 and 210) had some fuckery. The judge with the Weidman fight, and Khabib missing weight in 209 really pissed me off. Over-saturation is definitely in play.

I'd still watch it over boxing though. Twink won't. Just a difference of opinion. I used to be a big boxing guy but lost interest years ago.

It varies on hype just based on cards

They like to stack the summer cards and the November and December stuff so the hype will start going again in June for the general public

Bones will be back in June I believe and so will my attention, only his fights and McGregor fights are those that I even consider actually going somewhere beyond my living room to watch now

I ordered the PPV and I order pretty much all of them if I'm at home

The last few have been disappointing

The UFC isn't going anywhere. It's here to stay. Agree with you guys though, the last couple main cards (UFC 209 and 210) had some fuckery. The judge with the Weidman fight, and Khabib missing weight in 209 really pissed me off. Over-saturation is definitely in play.

I'd still watch it over boxing though. Twink won't. Just a difference of opinion. I used to be a big boxing guy but lost interest years ago.

Agree w/this. UFC isn't going anywhere. It's in a funk lately w/the last couple of cards and I definitely agree w/the over saturation.. seems like there's something almst every other weekend. GSP coming back is big, hopefully Khabib gets his head out of his ass... Conor getting over this boxing crap hopefully soon too.

Back