Start ‘em or Sit ‘em 2023-2024 Thread

VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
Let‘s get this going! BOL to all in your fantasy leagues.

Please help us help you, by identifying each player‘s opponent

Last edited:
She never says,

Geno Smith hosting the Rams or Anthony Richardson hosting the Jaguars? Waited too long to get a QB and will be in committee mode.

She never says,

Geno Smith hosting the Rams or Anthony Richardson hosting the Jaguars? Waited too long to get a QB and will be in committee mode.
Will add more but for now: Jax was very dicey at limiting QB rush yards last year since limiting Jalen. Even Dobbs and Mills ran well for themselves. DJ and Chris Streveler were very effective running. Lamar ran well too.

There are changes on D but I don’t know if they’ll be as consequential as hoped

Shaheed is higher-ceiling, Musgrave higher-floor. Went with Shaheed
Altho we have Courtland Sutton, too, and Matt Berry ranks higher than Shaheed. I co-manage the team with a friend who is in love with Matt Berry, so the decision does remain up in the air...

Well, I wanted to follow Gandy but was overruled by my friend who sees Shaheed as a home run swing and thus a proper utilization of the flex position.

What are people doing with Tyler Lockett? Tempted to bench him for Rashee White in view of his hamstring

probably too late to ask but in a full PPR…

Amari Cooper @ LAR, Puka vs CLE or Curtis Samuel vs MIA.

Does Joe Flacco move the needle enough to warrant a Cooper start?

No Aaron Jones so Dillon will definitely catch some passes. But i’d still say Wilson and Thielen

probably too late to ask but in a full PPR…

Amari Cooper @ LAR, Puka vs CLE or Curtis Samuel vs MIA.

Does Joe Flacco move the needle enough to warrant a Cooper start?
Game script could easily favor Samuel but his floor in general is very low. Old man Flacco plus his chemistry with Amari are complete unknowns. Browns D has given up a lot more production on the road. I say Puka.

Game script could easily favor Samuel but his floor in general is very low. Old man Flacco plus his chemistry with Amari are complete unknowns. Browns D has given up a lot more production on the road. I say Puka.
Yeah, full PPR is the reason I even considered him. I’m rolling with Puka and hoping he gets a couple high value targets in the end zone

need high ceiling plays. 1 WR Full PPR

Amari Cooper vs JAX (if active)
Alec Pierce @ CIN…
Zay Jones @ CLE
Elijah Moore vs JAX
Jordan Addison @ LV
Josh Palmer v DEN
Khalil Shakir @ KC

Elijah Moore makes sense but don’t think he’s getting 2 TDs.

Am I crazy to think Pierce could be the one to have the blow up game? Deep targets, some how breaks 2 long TDs on 3-4 catches? Cincy D beatable and game could be high scoring if weather is okay.

It’s going to take a miracle, no playing it safe. Need a win and to out score another team by 50 + that team lose.

Alec Pierce @ CIN…
Zay Jones @ CLE
Elijah Moore vs JAX
Jordan Addison @ LV
Josh Palmer v DEN
Khalil Shakir @ KC

Am I crazy to think Pierce could be the one to have the blow up game? Deep targets, some how breaks 2 long TDs on 3-4 catches? Cincy D beatable and game could be high scoring if weather is okay.

It’s going to take a miracle, no playing it safe. Need a win and to out score another team by 50 + that team lose.
I think Zay Jones will become a huge part of the offense in Kirk's absence.

For game script purposes I think Pierce is clearly the best

Alec Pierce @ CIN…
Zay Jones @ CLE
Elijah Moore vs JAX
Jordan Addison @ LV
Josh Palmer v DEN
Khalil Shakir @ KC

Trevor planning to start

Alec Pierce @ CIN…
Zay Jones @ CLE
Elijah Moore vs JAX
Jordan Addison @ LV
Josh Palmer v DEN
Khalil Shakir @ KC

Bank pointed out...Facco does love Elijah Moore...12 targets last week, they worked together at the Jets. I think Amari playing might be a good thing actually. Jags lack cornerback depth after number one, so their best corner would presumably be focused on Amari.

Bank pointed out...Facco does love Elijah Moore...12 targets last week, they worked together at the Jets. I think Amari playing might be a good thing actually. Jags lack cornerback depth after number one, so their best corner would presumably be focused on Amari.

I ended up starting both Amari and Alec Pierce oddly enough.

Benched Puka which looks like a mistake right now but I really thought weather would factor in more and thought the matchup was just not good. Colts/Bengals still has shootout potential through halftime

Again, I need a win plus out scoring the 6th place team by 50 and that same team to lose.

We do have 6 IDPs and I went with similar boom bust plays for our league format

PPR. I am so bad at injury management, I have thoughts on what to do but I‘d like to hear yours first to see if we align.

WR: Tyreek (Q with ankle injury) vs Jets, Lockett vs Eagles, Marquise Brown vs 49ers, or Demario Douglas vs Chiefs

Flex: Achane (Q with toe injury) or Lockett or Demario or Marquise or Aaron Jones vs Bucs

In same boat with Tyreek and Achane......if they are active I believe they have to be in the lineup.

Behind them I'd say its Lockett, then Douglas, then Brown.

For the flex if Jones is active I'd put him behind Lockett but ahead of Dog Douglas and Hollywood. Lockett has a plus matchup against the Eagles secondary. My worry with Douglas and Brown is they play tough defenses which will limit yards and opportunities. Wouldn't surprise me to see both Pats and Cards limited to about 50-55 plays.

My tough decision is with my TE and flex. I have Njoku and McBride as the options, and then could use the other at flex vs CEH, Spears or Dog Douglas. CEH is the Achane fallback. I'm leaning rolling with the 2nd TE in the flex just based on TD equity.

I'll try to at least offer some devil's advocate against your lean in case that helps

Texans give up a lot in terms of pass-catching to opposing running backs, though, making Tyjae if you're in PPR.

Bears secondary is tough now, in their last three games: they shut down LaPorta twice, Hockenson had five receptions and 50 yards but also a touchdown against them.

Game script could favor CEH, Spears, and Demario if Pats/Titans lead, which they very well could. Titans will shut things down with a lead, so they‘d run but not sure to what extent that includes checking it down to the running back?

But then, looking it up, I had no idea Houston had improved so much against the run. Pats are number 1 in opp. YPC, but Houston is number 2! That makes it tough to rely on running backs.

Demario established a nice floor when he was playing, he's been the Pats' best wide receiver and the Pats are in a batter place with Zappe, but other guys have stepped up in his absence.

I have McBride and I think he's your top guy here, Kyler definitely loves him and the game script should favor Arizona pass attack. I think the question is what to do with Njoku and I think there are no easy solutions because CEH and Spears face tough rush defenses and Douglas has to contend with Chiefs' nasty cornerbacks. But I do think Texans vs running-back catching is an interesting angle to consider.

Sorry, tough call, hopefully someone has something more conclusive to offer or my thoughts give you a helpful nudge

Also have Rashee already in the lineup so I don't want to double up on Chiefs unless Achane forces my hand. (incredble to think too many Chiefs is a negative right now) I think I might roll with Zay in the flex just to give me a late hammer. Opponent has Lamar and Tucker and then I have Hurts on Monday.

Forgot I have Zay Jones too, Mr. 5 for 29 but 14 targets.
That would actually be a pretty good play especially as a high floor option. He‘s gotten a ton more interest from Trevor since Kirk‘s injury. Yeah the matchup is tough but so it is for literally all of your other options.

Also with the way Jax defense is playing, the game script should favor him very well.

Also have Rashee already in the lineup so I don't want to double up on Chiefs unless Achane forces my hand. (incredble to think too many Chiefs is a negative right now) I think I might roll with Zay in the flex just to give me a late hammer. Opponent has Lamar and Tucker and then I have Hurts on Monday.
Do you and I have the same team lol? I also have Tyreek Achane Rashee and McBride!

22 targets in past two games. Much better QB throwing to him (Trevor vs Zappe) even considering Trevor‘s struggles against strong defenses (Chiefs and 49ers). Assuming that Baltimore D struggled was a one-time (rust?) thing last week

Back