Stanford???

abc123

What do you guys think about Stanford covering vs Oregon on sat. night. Just seems like the spread should be higher so I feel that maybe the oddsmakers know something that we dont... Also, Oregon plays Cal next week so this could be a look over game where stanford ends up losing, but covering.

Any Thoughts

Oregon -16.5 stood out to me as well. Maybe the oddsmakers know something I don't, and maybe that is why I am leaning Oregon -16.5 in this game. I will research it further, but I am interested to see what the forum has to say about this line.

See that is what they want you to do... I think this is a trap. Oregon hasnt had a close game all year so why on earth would they be 16.5 pt favs over a team that won 1 game last yr???? Seems a little fishy to me. And i will capitalize on this fishy spread by taking stanford (won me money twice this weekend, Tampa Bay and Tulsa)

See that is what they want you to do... I think this is a trap. Oregon hasnt had a close game all year so why on earth would they be 16.5 pt favs over a team that won 1 game last yr???? Seems a little fishy to me. And i will capitalize on this fishy spread by taking stanford (won me money twice this weekend, Tampa Bay and Tulsa)

I think the line is an overreaction to Stanford laying the wood to San Jose State last Saturday (37-0). Let's not forget, this is a Stanford team that was crushed at home in this season's opener to an above average UCLA team (17-45). Now they host Oregon, which has an offense that's averaging 46 points, 325 yards rushing, and roughly 200 yards passing per game. The Cardinals defense will probably be the softest Oregon has faced thus far, which bodes well for both Stewart and Dixon. Since this is a Pac-10 matchup, I doubt Oregon will overlook Stanford. Last year, Oregon trounced Stanford 48-10, and the Ducks appear to be significantly better this season (especially on offense). Dixon and crew could put up 50+. Do you really see Stanford scoring more than 20 on a team that has played Houston (very good offense), Michigan, and Fresno State, yet only given up an average of 18 points/game?

My money is on Oregon -16.5! :cheers:

n/m, i'll make it easy... here's what he said:

I think wholeheartedly that Oregon is the right side in this game. The offense has looked downright amazing so far and its hard to imagine Stanford keeping the Ducks under 40. I am considering playing it but I really really don't lke to bet on the Ducks or Duck games at all, just cause it screws it up for me. The Michigan game was na exception because I thought the line was just that ridiculous I couldn't leave money on the table.
For the game it looks like another Oregon blowout on paper. Stanford hasn't been close to the Ducks for a while now and this year shouldn't be any different. The only drawback I see is that the Cal game next week is seriously looming right now. It is all but certain that the Gameday crew will be n Eugene and the Cal game has become a pretty big rivalry these days with Tedford/Bellotti, and a lot of close games and recruiting battles. After last years humiliation on National TV, this game will be huge. I almost never consider these "sitiuational" angles at all but its hard to see them focusing on Cal. That said, the ducks should roll and I may eventually play it.

Yeah, I may buy the looking ahead bit, to an extent. But again, this is a Pac-10 game, not an out of conference foe. If Oregon wants any kind of shot at the Pac-10 title, it's a must-win game. That, in and of itself, should be enough motivation for the Ducks.

2006 Oregon 48 Stanford 10 (oregon -12)
2005 Oregon 44 Stanford 20 (oregon -7)
2004 Oregon 16 Stanford 13 (oregon +3)
2003 Oregon 35 Stanford 0 (oregon -10)
2002 Oregon 41 Stanford 14 (oregon -14)

this year probably features a better Oregon team than all of these years vs. a Furd team at its worst.

Food for thought

Yeah, I may buy the looking ahead bit, to an extent. But again, this is a Pac-10 game, not an out of conference foe. If Oregon wants any kind of shot at the Pac-10 title, it's a must-win game. That, in and of itself, should be enough motivation for the Ducks.

oregon hasn't overlooked stanford since the '01 disaster. I don't know if the sting from that one has even worn off yet.

2006 Oregon 48 Stanford 10 (oregon -12)
2005 Oregon 44 Stanford 20 (oregon -7)
2004 Oregon 16 Stanford 13 (oregon +3)
2003 Oregon 35 Stanford 0 (oregon -10)
2002 Oregon 41 Stanford 14 (oregon -14)

this year probably features a better Oregon team than all of these years vs. a Furd team at its worst.

Food for thought

:cheers:

I think the line is an overreaction to Stanford laying the wood to San Jose State last Saturday (37-0). Let's not forget, this is a Stanford team that was crushed at home in this season's opener to an above average UCLA team (17-45). Now they host Oregon, which has an offense that's averaging 46 points, 325 yards rushing, and roughly 200 yards passing per game. The Cardinals defense will probably be the softest Oregon has faced thus far, which bodes well for both Stewart and Dixon. Since this is a Pac-10 matchup, I doubt Oregon will overlook Stanford. Last year, Oregon trounced Stanford 48-10, and the Ducks appear to be significantly better this season (especially on offense). Dixon and crew could put up 50+. Do you really see Stanford scoring more than 20 on a team that has played Houston (very good offense), Michigan, and Fresno State, yet only given up an average of 18 points/game?

My money is on Oregon -16.5! :cheers:

WORD!!!! That is why my money is on Oregon -17

Check out my thread when you get a chance too. Stanford has some key injuries on both sides of the ball following their game with SJSU.

I made the line -27 originally so getting that game under -17 is a gift to me.

I'm not buying into the look ahead factor for either Cal or Oregon. Oregon should cover because they are just the far superior team and Cal will for the same reason plus major league revenge (besides the typical "you upset us" or "you beat us badly" revenge--this is the "you took us out of the BCS and next level and ripped our heart out" revenge).

Check out my thread when you get a chance too. Stanford has some key injuries on both sides of the ball following their game with SJSU.

I made the line -27 originally so getting that game under -17 is a gift to me.

I'm not buying into the look ahead factor for either Cal or Oregon. Oregon should cover because they are just the far superior team and Cal will for the same reason plus major league revenge (besides the typical "you upset us" or "you beat us badly" revenge--this is the "you took us out of the BCS and next level and ripped our heart out" revenge).

Nice info there fellas...check it out!

Thanks RJ!

:cheers:

Back