Spurs 9-16 FT

Quick game 1 #s:

Duncan: 33 and 16

Spurs 14 O boards to Suns 8

Spurs 50% FG on 80 Shots

Spurs 33 FT attempts

Spurs 7-16 3pt

Spurs 15 TO to Suns 7 TO

We can expect the Spurs to get to the rim more in game 3. We can also expect for those turnovers to decrease at home. We HAVE to expect Duncan to continue his domination.

That's fine. Everyone's opinion is welcome. I'd just like the Suns backers to give a reason for backing them on the in San Antonio in a 1-1 series, with Spurs off a 20pt loss.

i doubt my ability to win atm. we'll c. nothing is in yet. midday tom ill have a thread with my half-ass picks.

later

We can see PHX actually played WORSE in game 2, but still won. I really think game 2 can be attributed to the Spurs poor shooting. That shooting should improve in game 3.

so the ducks basically beat themselves with two own goals. im on them in game 2.

I really think Spurs played a bad game 2, and all that will balance out in game 2. We should see a more consistent Spurs team, like we did all season.

I think with the Amare drama.....all that will do is get the players and the crowd more into it.........I see a victory from the Spurs as Popovich makes the proper adjustments

NBA is all about matchups.....Dallas is to Warriors what Suns is to Spurs

Maybe not that excessive but the Spurs will get the win

Lets also keep in mind, Suns trailed 1-0. Their max effort should have been expected in game 2. The 20pt win isnt that impressive to me.

I think with the Amare drama.....all that will do is get the players and the crowd more into it.........I see a victory from the Spurs as Popovich makes the proper adjustments

NBA is all about matchups.....Dallas is to Warriors what Suns is to Spurs

Maybe not that excessive but the Spurs will get the win

At this point, I don't see the Spurs losing SU. And I see them coming out fired up in the 1Q.

The Cavs are better than I thought. I admitted to that after round 1. Their D and rebounding is probably the best in the NBA right now. Their weakness is offensive inconsistency, but with all these 2nd chances, they really have no weakness in this series.

nets frontline (nacho, boone, collins, moore) is avg 8 boards so far. check it out.

Lebron 21pts in game 1

36pts in game 2.

They probably should have lost game 2 if you look at the #'s, but those O boards kept them in it. Nothing suggests NJ will rebound better in game 3 or game 4, unless they sign Dennis Rodman.

Lets take a look at NJ in game 2:

52% FG

25 FT attempts (63%)

8-14 3pt

22 assists on 34 hoops

VC 26pts
RJ 22pts
Kidd 17 10 8

Can NJ possibly play ANY better than this?

you heard how lebron told mike brown in teh huddle in teh 4th when they were down that he wanted teh ball right? and mike brown said ok, lets give it to him and everybody else be ready adn play d and clean up the glass.

Im taking DET again in the finals if thats the price. Like I said, the Cavs inconsistent offense is gonna hurt them vs. Detroit.

you heard how lebron told mike brown in teh huddle in teh 4th when they were down that he wanted teh ball right? and mike brown said ok, lets give it to him and everybody else be ready adn play d and clean up the glass.

Lebron has said many times. If they play the D Brown demands, they get a lot of freedom offensively. He probably was talking more about himself specifically.

Locked on these plays already...

Cleveland ML
Cleveland +5
San Antonio ML
San Antonio -4.5
Cleveland ML / San Antonio ML parlay
Detroit -2

I think Cleveland, San Antonio, and Detroit come out strong early, take big leads, and win their respective games.

Last edited:
I think VC goes off tomorrow .. I like the Nets to step up, the only thing is the fact that Det looks like they're gonna sweep, I think the Cavs want the 2nd sweep bad. Either way I'll be on any VC prop

Strongly feel the Suns take this one.

Game one, Parker played a game equivelant to the best in his career, Duncan played near perfect, along with other players finley, horry, and bowen. The Spurs overall played a perfect game and the Suns could have won this one.

Game two, Suns came out shady but pulled it together, took a game by 20 points.

Game three, in SA the Suns come in very confident. Nash is the heart of the Suns and he does his thing so well under pressure. SA has great defense, if the Suns fg percentage stays in a reasonable range the game should be theres. I think Pheonix brings their style game to the Alamo and beats the Spurs with it. The key is to frustrate Duncan. Pheonix just has to play like Pheonix, the Spurs have been capable to reroute them, but Nash leads the Suns to victory.

My thoughts on Cleveland/New Jersey is to think that Cleveland can put up 23 points in the 1st quarter. The last time these guys met in New Jersey was April 4th, when the Cavs' routed the Nets by scoring 100+. The Nets have been a pretty faulty team in the 1st quarter this year. I haven't paid much attention to the Nets game play in New Jersey in the playoffs though. I am courious how well these Nets are with controling the paint defensively? Is Cleveland going to have the opportunity to score at will? Or is New Jersey going to hold there court? Any help.

The key is to frustrate Duncan.

I picked, not bet, Suns to win the series. I said the only way they lose is if Duncan goes off like he did all regular season. And in games 1 and 2, he absolutely dominated. Nothing points to the Suns being able to handle Duncan in San Antonio.

Back